Careercow Bob "MovieBob" Chipman - A Stupid, Oafish, and Obsolete 39 year old Obese Fascist Eugenics-Loving Elitist White Trash Pop Culture Consoomer/Critic/Basement Dweller/Manchild with a Mario, MCU, & Asian Fetish Leading us to a Superior Future!

Which topic will Creepy Uncle Bob claim to be an expert in next?

• Animal husbandry

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Shoelace manufacturing

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Third century Greek sonnets

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Camping and wilderness survival

Votes: 32 9.9%
  • Child psychology

Votes: 116 35.9%
  • Movies

Votes: 45 13.9%
  • Bee gynecology and obstetrics

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Tractor mechanics

Votes: 17 5.3%
  • Suggest your own!

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Ecology

Votes: 9 2.8%

• Total voters

Flexo

Drunk posting normal. Beware sober posting.
kiwifarms.net
Once again selecting one Bob tweet so I don't go insane trying to comprehend his stupidity (how the fuck does anyone tweet this much, there is something seriously wrong with Bob):

I like how this fucking dumbass completely misunderstands the guy's rebuttal to his "durr robocop gud" argument. It's the same sort of ignorance that basically anyone who's never done any studies into artificial intelligence possesses, this idea that machines are infallible and if we just make a good enough AI then we won't have to worry about human failings ever again! They're oblivious to the truth that an AI is only as good as the people who program it, as well as the data it's fed.

This was the point that Jackson there was trying to make: there are countless examples of AI getting things wrong, sometimes hilarious (a facial recognition AI that kept classifying black people as gorillas), sometimes fatal (Tesla's autopilot causing cars to slam into barriers at highway speeds because it thought the barrier was the road). AI isn't just a magic wand that you wave at things to make them instantly perfect. Like anything created by imperfect human beings, it has flaws and blind spots. I don't think any of these are actually intentional, so it's disingenuous to claim that a bunch of racist programmers think black people are apes. It just goes to show how much work still remains in the field.

Bob being Bob, he thinks that Jackson was only referring to the cops as being racist (because duh, all cops are racist), not the programmers themselves. Thus, he sees no problem with replacing all cops with robots that accidentally end up killing any black people they see due to a bug in their code.

It's incredible just how dense this fatso can be sometimes. Like, black hole dense. No intelligent thought (or hamburger) can escape Blobbo's event horizon.
Never mind that this WAS LITERALLY A SCENE IN ROBOCOP.

Bobby really has no excuse.

Dumb beast

Dick Donut
kiwifarms.net
I love that cartoon for children, and is such a pointless reveal, everyone who saw it knew Velma had a crush on a girl, whether she was Bi or Gay changes absolutely nothing for the plot. Absolutely seeking asspats.
Also, "Every Scooby-Doo iteration"?
Why do these bitches keep pretending to know about shit they obviously haven't seen?
I haven't seen everything Scooby related and even I know Velma has had several crushes on different men.
I know is such a small thing to focus on but that's just it, is so easy to not be wrong about it.
Edit: You gotta love the misleading headline, "Scooby-Doo's Velma is gay says Mystery Incorporated Staff" instead of the more correct "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated's Velma is gay according to staff".

Last edited:

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love that cartoon for children, and is such a pointless reveal, everyone who saw it knew Velma had a crush on a girl, whether she was Bi or Gay changes absolutely nothing for the plot. Absolutely seeking asspats.
Why do these bitches keep pretending to know about shit they obviously haven't seen?
I haven't seen everything Scooby related and even I know Velma has had several crushes on different men.
Venture Bros. already handled this in a way far funnier than Bob could be on his best day. Being a Venture fan, you think he'd know that.

First, there was the episode where the Scooby gang was reimagined as a bunch of 1960s-70s whackjobs.

1594919296526.png

That's Valerie "SCUM Manifesto" Solanas, the loon who shot Andy Warhol and wanted all men to be culled. I think at one point in the episode she simply gropes "Daphne."

Second, there was this exchange between Dr. Venture and Action Johnny (it's over by the 10 second mark, but the whole clip is amusing):

It's a dead joke, the producers should be ashamed for thinking this is anything but desperate and obvious pandering, and Bob is the sort of braindead consoomer such pandering works on.

Dumb beast

Dick Donut
kiwifarms.net
Venture Bros. already handled this in a way far funnier than Bob could be on his best day. Being a Venture fan, you think he'd know that.
It doesn't really matter what Bob claims to be a fan of.
As it was put before:
Bob's favorite movie being Robocop and him thinking the lesson was "all cops should be robots" is like if your favorite movie was Requiem for a Dream and the message you took away from it was "drug use is a good idea and improves your life!"
All Bob is fan of is the smell of his own farts and confirmation bias. The guy could watch the Chernobyl TV miniseries and come up with "The bad guy was middle America".

Mola Ram

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All Bob is fan of is the smell of his own farts and confirmation bias. The guy could watch the Chernobyl TV miniseries and come up with "The bad guy was middle America".
Heck, the Chernobyl writer himself claimed it was a metaphor for Donald Trump's dishonesty, and not really at all about the grossly corrupt and incompetent Communist government that precipitated the crisis. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Dumb beast

Dick Donut
kiwifarms.net
Heck, the Chernobyl writer himself claimed it was a metaphor for Donald Trump's dishonesty, and not really at all about the grossly corrupt and incompetent Communist government that precipitated the crisis. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Now, Bob, when you read this, remember, this is how "Death of the author" actually works.
I loved his job, but I don't agree with his interpretation. But I'm not cancelling the author because I don't agree with him.

The Shadow

I am NOT a crackpot.
kiwifarms.net

First, there was the episode where the Scooby gang was reimagined as a bunch of 1960s-70s whackjobs.

View attachment 1452286

That's Valerie "SCUM Manifesto" Solanas, the loon who shot Andy Warhol and wanted all men to be culled. I think at one point in the episode she simply gropes "Daphne."

Second, there was this exchange between Dr. Venture and Action Johnny (it's over by the 10 second mark, but the whole clip is amusing):

It's a dead joke, the producers should be ashamed for thinking this is anything but desperate and obvious pandering, and Bob is the sort of braindead consoomer such pandering works on.
I mean I can remember a Newgrounds cartoon from like 2002 that hit on the "Velma is a lesbian" meme. It's older than dirt.

Mola Ram

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean I can remember a Newgrounds cartoon from like 2002 that hit on the "Velma is a lesbian" meme. It's older than dirt.
The Groovy Gang episode of Venture Bros. is from the second season, so 2004-2005, something like that. And it was hardly original even at the time (though recasting her as Solanas sure was).

The Shadow

I am NOT a crackpot.
kiwifarms.net
The Groovy Gang episode of Venture Bros. is from the second season, so 2004-2005, something like that. And it was hardly original even at the time (though recasting her as Solanas sure was).
It's probably as old a joke as "Shaggy is a stoner".

But good on the current crew for making the one that would be the most stereotypical lesbian a lesbian. Hollywood creativity knows no bounds. /s

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
I know is such a small thing to focus on but that's just it, is so easy to not be wrong about it.
Edit: You gotta love the misleading headline, "Scooby-Doo's Velma is gay says Mystery Incorporated Staff" instead of the more correct "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated's Velma is gay according to staff".
Velma kissed Sam Winchester in 2018.

Dumb beast

Dick Donut
kiwifarms.net
It's probably as old a joke as "Shaggy is a stoner".

But good on the current crew for making the one that would be the most stereotypical lesbian a lesbian. Hollywood creativity knows no bounds. /s
Velma from the Mystery Incorporated series is pretty gay tbh, and I was ok with it, is my favorite Scoob series, it didn't come as a surprise to me that Dobson jerked off to it.

All it bothers me is that with big names like James Gunn and this being so public ALL future iterations of Velma will be lesbian.
Mostly because I can imagine Bob and Dobbo wacking their meat to a lesbian minor.
No, Velma doesn't munch carpet on the show, it was just "insinuated" because this was before Steven Universe, so yeah, all this fucking mess just for about 20 minutes of "more than friends" interaction.

Last edited:

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Velma kissed Sam Winchester in 2018.
Man, when they had that scene of Dean, Sam and Castiel say how supernatural things exist and everyone starts freaking out. Like, it's clear this was supposed to be the Mystery Inc. where they said how Scooby Doo 13th Ghosts was canon, along with Zombie Island an etc..yet..they freak out from knowing that the supernatural shit exists.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Ironic. It's not like communist governments covering up information to try and save face is timely or anything...

Mola Ram

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ironic. It's not like communist governments covering up information to try and save face is timely or anything...
Frankly, I sort of suspect the guy who said that (it was something about how Trump supporters are the old party apparatchik in the first episode who shuts down the city to contain "misinformation" and thereby condemns thousands of people to radiation poisoning) was making sure he didn't get kicked out of the club. Chernobyl is an excellent program, but like anything it has its historical problems. For instance, Dyatlov was nowhere near that much of an antagonistic asshole, and even had some highly sympathetic qualities that never made it into the show, such as his previous brushes with radiation leaks and how he inadvertently killed his son because the kid hugged him while he was contaminated. And its portrayal of late stage Soviet Communism, while dead on accurate, is occasionally so over the top ("Here's to the workers of the world!" chortles the fat, obviously incompetent official who used to run a shoe factory) that it could have been written by Reagan.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
Man, when they had that scene of Dean, Sam and Castiel say how supernatural things exist and everyone starts freaking out. Like, it's clear this was supposed to be the Mystery Inc. where they said how Scooby Doo 13th Ghosts was canon, along with Zombie Island an etc..yet..they freak out from knowing that the supernatural shit exists.
The Scooby Doo "continuity" is a mess. Sure, there are some things that are obviously their own separate continuity, like the live action movies and Mystery Incorporated, but everything else is completely unclear. There was a later movie or show where the gang revisits the 13 Ghosts stuff, with Velma and Fred not believing the supernatural stuff was real (because they weren't there, and think everyone was tricked or hallucinating) while Shaggy, Scooby, and Daphne insist it was. So apparently in the continuity of that 13 Ghosts happened in some form, but Zombie Island didn't. So I didn't really mind how Scoobynatural handled it.

The funny thing is that depictions of Velma as straight like in Scoobynatural (and several of the movies) are going to be considered the abnormal depictions from now on. No doubt portraying a fictional true and honest lesbian as being into dudes (even if it's a different version, and she was canonically into dudes first, none of that matters to the wokerati) will be considered too problematic.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Then Daphne started to freak out about the concept of the afterlife, Heaven, and Hell and questioned if she was going there. That was a very "laugh at the darkness of this" moment.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
The Scooby Doo "continuity" is a mess. Sure, there are some things that are obviously their own separate continuity, like the live action movies and Mystery Incorporated, but everything else is completely unclear. There was a later movie or show where the gang revisits the 13 Ghosts stuff, with Velma and Fred not believing the supernatural stuff was real (because they weren't there, and think everyone was tricked or hallucinating) while Shaggy, Scooby, and Daphne insist it was. So apparently in the continuity of that 13 Ghosts happened in some form, but Zombie Island didn't. So I didn't really mind how Scoobynatural handled it.
I haven't seen it since I was a kid but wasn't Zombie Island supposed to be when they were adults and we're meeting up after being apart for a few years?

Fuck, I feel like Bob trying to justify how the Mario cartoons fit into the games.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Koby_Fish