• THROUGHOUT THE WORLD!!

Bodega SaltNeolibs from google try to change Bodegas into vending machines

Discussion in 'Salt Mine' started by muina, Sep 13, 2017.

Forum Guidelines

This is a schadenfreude board for the reaction to events. Threads should be about something that happens and the most humorous and over-the-top responses to immediately follow. Threads are automatically locked after two weeks.

• Report threads which have ran out of content so that they may be locked until new content emerges.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kiwifarms.net
  2. Isn't that just an oversized vending machine? What's going on here?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    PurpleDude

PurpleDude The Purpleest Dude In The West

kiwifarms.net
  3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spencer-like rhetoric

• Informative Informative x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  4. I've never heard anyone call a cornerstore a bodega. #whitey

• Winner x 18
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Feels x 1
    Lackadaisy

Lackadaisy gas the commies, class war now

kiwifarms.net
  5. REEEEEEEE GENTRIFICATION I screech from my apartment in the neighborhood I helped gentrify.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 10
    ConcernedAnon

ConcernedAnon Concerned and hopefully anonymous

kiwifarms.net
  6. They complain about POCs losing jobs (why are their jobs any more important than anyone else's?) and ignore that one of the two creators of this marvel of human ingenuity is one.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe he should invent a revolutionary portable waste removal plumbing system?

Anyone with a blue checkmark should shut up about gentrification. To be that narcissistic means you have to be pretty comfortable with your way of life.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. The corner stores will die out eventually, so vending machines are the future. These stores only seem to exist in major cities, but thanks to the aggressive regulation of those cites I don't see them being able to exist for much longer.

Soda Taxes are a good example of this, in the cities that implemented them the mom-pop stores, their talking about, are closing due being unable to compete.

All the upper middle class twitter users who whine all day on twitter are clearly the majority of bodega costumers.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Baizou: HAHA BROWN PEOPLE ARE TAKING YOUR JOBS POOR SWEETIES
    Also Baizou: p-please don't make brown people obsolete with a glorified vending machine

• Feels Feels x 4
    xxXDxx

xxXDxx a black hole shitting into the void

kiwifarms.net
  9. Near me I saw a sign for "Soandso's Bodega" and was very disappointed to find out it was a sit-down restaurant.

• Feels Feels x 8
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton

kiwifarms.net
  10. http://lifehacker.com/bodega-represents-whats-wrong-with-tech-funding-but-1806113108

Anyway, how is that thing any different from all the vending machines that have existed, you know, for literally hundreds of years?

If the point is to actually compete with stores, good luck with that. Unless the box is stocked daily, it'll run empty very quickly of the most wanted items, causing people to do their shopping elsewhere. You can't also utilize economies of scale properly with that thing: every item has to be manually placed into the machine. With such a large variety of products, it's going to be a slow, inefficient process, even worse than with regular vending machines.

There's a reason why big-box stores dominate the market: they usually have stuff in stock, and are very cost-effective. Unless they manage to create a way to stock those boxes automatically, the business model is not really viable.

Additionally, unless the machine is in a guarded area, it's going to get smashed and robbed pretty quickly. Regular vending machines are sturdy as hell, and there's a reason why the product is dropped to the tray instead of having an opening door.

• Agree Agree x 18
    #11 El Garbage, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    El Garbage

El Garbage sexually pleasurable object for straight men

kiwifarms.net
  11. Is 'gentrification' just the minority version of 'dey terk er jerbs!'

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  12. real niggers just call it an a-rab

• Informative Informative x 2
    niggers

niggers GOT A FEELING I CAN'T SHAKE IT

kiwifarms.net
  13. The less humans that I have to interact with when I buy my condoms and Swedish Fish, the better.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Coconut Gun

Coconut Gun He's the gun member of the coconut crew

kiwifarms.net
  14. This.

Anywhere I've lived where the main way to shop within walking distance is these little stores (and where I have generally shopped at at least one or two of them every single day) is a pretty rough area and all of the owners are armed, sometimes heavily armed. You do not fuck with these guys.

A glorified vending machine, especially one full of all kinds of electronics, is not going to last a night. They're not only going to bust it open and steal everything in it, they're going to rip it down for parts and steal those, too, then wreck the rest because fuck these things.

Also there's just always going to be a market for somewhere you can walk in drunk at 3 in the morning and get a hot sandwich. Some shitty vending machine isn't going to replace that.

This isn't quite as bad as Juicero in terms of pure stupidity, but portraying it as anything original or innovative is bullshit. It's a fucking vending machine. Big deal.

The stupid part is these tone-deaf idiots literally advertised it as destroying jobs. It's not like the twitter loons invented that.

• Agree Agree x 17
    AnOminous

AnOminous LOOK UPON ME BRO I'LL TELL YOU THE COOLEST STORY!
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  15. Should I be mad at white men for making POCs pick cotton or for taking jobs away from POCs by inventing cotton picking machines? :\

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Un Platano

Un Platano big blatano xDDDD
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. That's literally every "disruptor" startup. New ideas are gone, so they just reinvent old ones, where people get paid less/replaced by robots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  17. i've got a strange feeling that most of the people complaining have never been 50 miles near a bodega

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    timecop

timecop nigga cortex

kiwifarms.net
  18. "Does Starbucks in the strip mall count as a bodega?"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. But if all the shitty ethnic mom and pop stores go out of business how will I be able to seem cool and culturally enriched by knowing where to find the good brown people food?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    BadaBadaBoom

BadaBadaBoom *Knock knock* Who's there? VODKA!

kiwifarms.net
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.