Boil the leftist mindset down

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're right, they are memes, but here's the thing, we've crossed the Rubicon on memes, this shit ain't just regulated on Twitter anymore, it can have an impact on the real world and already has.

The George Floyd riots happened because of the "viral video" of his killing, "George Floyd" himself became a meme and people absolutely tore shit up because of this meme, I witnessed it online as it was happening live.

A powerful enough meme can destroy our civilization, the Floyd riots were bad enough, what if an even more powerful meme comes out?

And to be fair, there's been plenty of right wing violence too thanks to memes, there's been people that have murdered over the "incel" meme, this is powerful stuff.

To put a variation on a quote from Videodrome, "the internet is reality and reality is less than the internet"
People did not tear shit up because of that meme. They were already riled up and driven savage by the culture they had been exposed to, the propaganda they had been fed, and in general the shitty living conditions that the powers that be keep them in on a constant basis to ensure that they're always pissed off and enraged. If it wasn't Floyd, it would have been something else. The real cause of the riots is a large set of long term social issues combined with the scheming of politicians and marketers to create exactly that powderkeg in the first place.

A spark doesn't ignite anything without tinder. George Floyd, the meme, did not cause that level of damage. At least, certainly not on his own. Had things not been so carefully arranged and cooked for a prolonged period of time to create the kind of pressure needed for the riots, George Floyd would have been another faceless victim, forgotten in a week.

But people want you to be terrified of civilization destroying memes because again, memes, buzzwords, language manipulation, all of those are skills that politicians, con artists, journalists and other marketers are good at. And when you spread this point of view and show fear and reverence of their supposed power, it only reinforces their already astronomical egos and God-like self image. It emboldens them to act more and more on their impulses, and the more people believe they have this supposed power the more people will panic when they say anything no matter how insignificant it is. And then they really will have that God-like power that they think they do. They just won't have any control over it, but by that point its too late and we'll all be ripped apart in that meat grinder.

Words alone cannot destroy a civilization. Mass panic can. Catering to these people by acting like what they say or do actually matters only perpetuates the narrative that they are in control. The reality is they're just shouting nonsense into the wind, but because people think it means something they react accordingly. In this way its self-perpetuating. The only way to actually break free from this cycle is to disengage completely from it.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People did not tear shit up because of that meme. They were already riled up and driven savage by the culture they had been exposed to, the propaganda they had been fed, and in general the shitty living conditions that the powers that be keep them in on a constant basis to ensure that they're always pissed off and enraged. If it wasn't Floyd, it would have been something else. The real cause of the riots is a large set of long term social issues combined with the scheming of politicians and marketers to create exactly that powderkeg in the first place.

A spark doesn't ignite anything without tinder. George Floyd, the meme, did not cause that level of damage. At least, certainly not on his own. Had things not been so carefully arranged and cooked for a prolonged period of time to create the kind of pressure needed for the riots, George Floyd would have been another faceless victim, forgotten in a week.

But people want you to be terrified of civilization destroying memes because again, memes, buzzwords, language manipulation, all of those are skills that politicians, con artists, journalists and other marketers are good at. And when you spread this point of view and show fear and reverence of their supposed power, it only reinforces their already astronomical egos and God-like self image. It emboldens them to act more and more on their impulses, and the more people believe they have this supposed power the more people will panic when they say anything no matter how insignificant it is. And then they really will have that God-like power that they think they do. They just won't have any control over it, but by that point its too late and we'll all be ripped apart in that meat grinder.

Words alone cannot destroy a civilization. Mass panic can. Catering to these people by acting like what they say or do actually matters only perpetuates the narrative that they are in control. The reality is they're just shouting nonsense into the wind, but because people think it means something they react accordingly. In this way its self-perpetuating. The only way to actually break free from this cycle is to disengage completely from it.
I sure wish we still had the "thunk provoking" rating, genuinely thought provoking stuff, my friend.

I never said though that the meme was the sole reason, what I was trying to say is memes act like the match that makes the proverbial powder keg that is America explode.

You're right that people should just check out of their bullshit, I should check out from it, but I worry most people wont and that one day the powder keg might really go boom.

I don't think I've ever heard a leftist have any faith in the democratic party.
They sure seem to get butthurt if you say something negative about Biden or Harris or Barrack Hussein Obama back in the day.

They may not trust the Democratic party as a whole but they absolutely get caught up in cult of personalities surrounding Democrat leaders, look at the fucking climate that surrounded Hilary in 2016.

This guy in his Ted Talk from 2013 flat out says in reference to Obama "When are going to start saying that the only problem anyone has with this President is that's he black?" uh huh.

Maurice Caine

I owe ya one.
kiwifarms.net
This isn't a @Dom Cruise doompost thread yet. He still needs to go off the deep end about America having a racial civil war and how the antifa supersoldiers will steal his Read or Die Mangas because they have big tiddies in them.

The 2015 level SJW critique and the 2000s nostalgiafaggotry is there though. Its just missing the above mentioned touch to transform itself into the proper legendary @Dom Cruise doompost.

btw Dom, what happened to not rejecting leftism outright? Did some transflag username ream your ass on twitter again so that you had to write this caricature of an OP for free asspats?
That's what made 'em so good, and I wouldn't have it any other way...

FAQnews Correspondent

FAQnews: The Most Trusted Name in News
kiwifarms.net

Boil the leftist mindset down​

gib-me-dat-for-free-hungry-santa-31011093.png

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does staying engaged offer you any practical benefit at all?
No, of course not, it's just that it's harder to tune this shit out than it used to be.

Back at the height of the Iraq war and all the controversy over Dubya it was so, so much easier to just tune it all out, it was often times just background noise.

That applies to the internet as well, back then you had shit like Loose Change, Zeitgeist, all sorts of political shit like that, but you also had a lot on the internet that was... not that, people there just to have fun.

There I go being nostalgic for the 2000s again.

But SJWs have very purposely targeted any form of escapist media or hobby and they've very purposely targeted online communities all to make their bullshit near impossible to escape, it's literally everywhere you look now.

Watching the Super Bowl this year was an incredibly alienating experience and I'm probably done with any mainstream bullshit like that.

So that leaves us the past, right? Just watch old movies, play old games, read old books, right? Sure, I do that a lot and it's great.. buuuuut the Woke mentality has so wormed it's way into my brain that you can't help but see the past in light of today, literally every last single piece of media made prior to 2016 or so has at least some small thing in it that would be "politically incorrect" today, that literally just couldn't be done in today's climate, so absurdly all encompassing and terrifying ubiquitous has politically correctness become that they've even managed to retroactively steal a certain innocence from the past, you can never look at anything the same way again thanks to their bullshit, a cigar is no longer just a cigar.

It can even be something as simple as a movie that just so happens to feature an all white cast with a minority never seen once onscreen, have you ever noticed that literally can't be done anymore? If it's new and it's on your TV or movie screen you will have a minority in a significant role in there somewhere, not just in the background, minorities are like Poochie, whenever Poochie is not on the screen all the characters are asking "Where's Poochie?"

One day if this keeps you'll never see a white person at all in a piece of media, we will be scrubbed out completely.

I'd actually be pretty good at playing their little Woke game, writing think pieces about how "problematic" something is, because I understand perfectly how their mindset works, I just fucking hate it, but I know how it works.

L50LasPak

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, of course not, it's just that it's harder to tune this shit out than it used to be.

Back at the height of the Iraq war and all the controversy over Dubya it was so, so much easier to just tune it all out, it was often times just background noise.

That applies to the internet as well, back then you had shit like Loose Change, Zeitgeist, all sorts of political shit like that, but you also had a lot on the internet that was... not that, people there just to have fun.

There I go being nostalgic for the 2000s again.

But SJWs have very purposely targeted any form of escapist media or hobby and they've very purposely targeted online communities all to make their bullshit near impossible to escape, it's literally everywhere you look now.
I don't understand any of this. Why do you need escapism to just continue to disagree with something?

Disengaging isn't pretending whatever it is isn't happening, its just, disengaging. Not taking an active role in it. Checking the news on the topic very infrequently, the same way a healthy person only checks their watch on occasion instead of constantly looking at it every two minutes. Whether or not you pay close attention to the events as they come will not affect the outcome of them.

Watching the Super Bowl this year was an incredibly alienating experience and I'm probably done with any mainstream bullshit like that.
The Superbowl is just a big marketing event anyway, nothing of value was lost.

So that leaves us the past, right? Just watch old movies, play old games, read old books, right? Sure, I do that a lot and it's great.. buuuuut the Woke mentality has so wormed it's way into my brain that you can't help but see the past in light of today, literally every last single piece of media made prior to 2016 or so has at least some small thing in it that would be "politically incorrect" today, that literally just couldn't be done in today's climate, so absurdly all encompassing and terrifying ubiquitous has politically correctness become that they've even managed to retroactively steal a certain innocence from the past, you can never look at anything the same way again thanks to their bullshit, a cigar is no longer just a cigar.
Nobody has the power to impose any kind of belief on you. All this large paragraph here does is state how suggestible you are. Further, just because a piece of media has an apparent flaw that somebody else could use to dismiss it changes nothing. Some people flat out dismiss entire genres of media as completely meritless simply because they do not like them. SJWs and the like are exactly the same, except their reasons are political and not personal. Regardless of the reason, these people will never be convinced to change their mind, and any attempt to try and calibrate your own perspective based on theirs is a waste of your time.

Furthermore, the past is not innocent. Everybody is guilty of something, and the further back you go the more savage things become. You are mourning the loss of a false impression. SJWs did not steal innocence away from a work, they merely made you have to decide if it was worth the energy to defend something. If you truly believe in the merit of that work, you will still find the energy to defend it and champion whatever its positive qualities are. If you can't find the strength to do that, perhaps its not worth your time and you should discard it.

You would do well to remember that the vast majority of creative works have had little to no impact on human history. Its actually quite rare that a well-written and well-thought out story changes the world. If you search up and read the actual works that changed history on a grand scale, you'll find most of them are short and filled with shit you already know.

But again, marketers want you to think that the *fate of the world* hinges on whether or not this tiny detail in the latest episode of some forgettable series is acknowledged. Because they want you to tune in every single week, and discuss the episode at great length online and provide them with free advertising and peer pressure all of your friends and associates into also watching the show because you never shut up about it. Infact their paycheck depends on this, so they'll say anything they can to get your attention.

It can even be something as simple as a movie that just so happens to feature an all white cast with a minority never seen once onscreen, have you ever noticed that literally can't be done anymore? If it's new and it's on your TV or movie screen you will have a minority in a significant role in there somewhere, not just in the background, minorities are like Poochie, whenever Poochie is not on the screen all the characters are asking "Where's Poochie?"
If a piece of work is so bland and empty that you find forgettable details like this to be drawing all of your attention, maybe it just sucks out loud and you're wasting your time on it in the first place.

One day if this keeps you'll never see a white person at all in a piece of media, we will be scrubbed out completely.
I wouldn't worry about this one. The nukes will drop long before we have to take the implications of this idea seriously. I don't particularly care about the representation of my own race in fiction anyway, I find humans to be mostly disposable.

Its unlikely that there are any large number of works where the protagonists represent your exact ancestral makeup anyway. For instance, I'd look pretty fucking ridiculous demanding that every work of fiction I consume have an Italian-Irish American in it, wouldn't I? Infact I'd probably look identical to the braindead morons on Twitter that complain that they aren't being represented enough in fiction.

I'd actually be pretty good at playing their little Woke game, writing think pieces about how "problematic" something is, because I understand perfectly how their mindset works, I just fucking hate it, but I know how it works.
Its not particularly complicated. These people are all highly predictable and driven by no higher form of thought. Hence why its just best to disengage with them.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Dom Cruise You need a hobby bro. Being this terminally political isn't good for you.
I had a hobby, video games, and SJWs very purposely decided to seize control of it and the culture surrounding it and turn it into just another mouthpiece for their propaganda.

You can't imagine how beautiful and vibrant a culture and hobby video games used to be and SJWs fucked it in the ass and ruined it.

And yeah, I'm a little bitter about that, to say the least.

L50LasPak

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can't imagine how beautiful and vibrant a culture and hobby video games used to be and SJWs fucked it in the ass and ruined it.
Dude. I'm gonna be blunt. Gamer culture was a giant shitheap of unapologetic marketing by a bunch of dudebros who looked down on people like you for actually giving a shit about games. The people you met who genuinely shared your interests existed independently of that zeitgeist.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude. I'm gonna be blunt. Gamer culture was a giant shitheap of unapologetic marketing by a bunch of dudebros who looked down on people like you for actually giving a shit about games. The people you met who genuinely shared your interests existed independently of that zeitgeist.
You're not entirely wrong, but you're not entirely right either.

There really were some cool people in the gaming press and general cultural sphere of gaming as a whole, but they were either replaced with soyed out Wokescold losers or tragically became soyed out Wokescold losers themselves.

And this shit influences how games themselves are made today too, at least in the west, no more sexy women, Burger King Kid's Club casts of perfectly diverse characters and other Woke messaging and flavor, gone is the edge, the excitement, with very rare exceptions.

They used to make games for gamers, now they make games for anyone but "gamers", "gamers are dead" after all, they sincerely hope that you, the player, are not one of those white male "Gamergate" types and they'll go as far as to have a tranny stand in beat a stand in for you to death with a golf club in case they weren't being clear enough in the message that they fucking hate you and want you gone and for a cherry on top they'll award this game with a slew of GOTY awards just to drive the point home even further (not that awards shows aren't and always have been faggy bullshit, but I read their message loud and clear)

Oh yeah, it really does all come back to blowy Zoe and her pal Anita at the end of the day, fuck them and fuck anyone that defends them.

Whatever you can say about what video games and video game culture was in the 2000s, it's preferable to what it became in the 2010s and I will literally never forgive SJWs for what they did.

Last edited:

L50LasPak

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whatever you can say about what video games and video game culture was in the 2000s, it's preferable to what it became in the 2010s and I will literally never forgive SJWs for what they did.
Its just one soulless corporate wasteland exchanged for another.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Absolute trust in the authority of the Democratic party
Absolute trust in left leaning media institutions

Whatever these groups say, that's reality and that's all there is to it.

And absolute trust that these institutions are going to lead us to a utopia and not anything bad.

What's ironic is they'll pay lip service to the evils of capitalism and corporations but they don't seem to understand these institutions are controlled by the same capitalistic corporations they supposedly oppose and somehow they're still willing to put their absolute trust in them and assume they have the best intentions for mankind, somehow they don't see the irony in this, I'd love so much to go back in time to the early 2000s and show an "Adbusters" type liberal the way the left wing works now, their eyes would bug out of their head and they'd start foaming from the mouth, corporations are so powerful they turned their greatest enemies into their greatest allies, think about what a level of subversion that is.

And on the topic of identity politics it boils down to "white = bad", "not white = good" "black = best" and when it comes to men and women, "women = good" "men = bad" and with sexuality "LGBT = good" and "not LGBT = bad"

And finally, their group, the left, are the good guys, everyone else are the bad guys, no matter whatever anyone says or does "left = good" and "right = bad" no matter what, if the left engages in the exact same behavior someone on the right does, it's ok when they do it, because they're simply the good guys!
>Absolute trust in the authority of the Democratic party
>Absolute trust in left leaning media institutions

This is both US parties.
>What's ironic is they'll pay lip service to the evils of capitalism and corporations
This is just as ironic as US Republicans who denounce communism but are perfectly fine with Jewish oligarchies seizing the means of production, and forcing the population to be dependant upon them.
>corporations are so powerful
This should concern you far more than the retarded cat ladies supporting them.
>And on the topic of identity politics it boils down to "white = bad", "not white = good" "black = best" and when it comes to men and women, "women = good" "men = bad" and with sexuality "LGBT = good" and "not LGBT = bad"
>And finally, their group, the left, are the good guys, everyone else are the bad guys, no matter whatever anyone says or does "left = good" and "right = bad" no matter what, if the left engages in the exact same behavior someone on the right does, it's ok when they do it, because they're simply the good guys!

This is a pattern of behavior that is not exclusive to either party but is absolutely exclusive to the nu west.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Its just one soulless corporate wasteland exchanged for another.
Yeah, but it was my soulless corporate wasteland until those assholes showed up and tried to take it away from me.

>Absolute trust in the authority of the Democratic party
>Absolute trust in left leaning media institutions

This is both US parties.
>What's ironic is they'll pay lip service to the evils of capitalism and corporations
This is just as ironic as US Republicans who denounce communism but are perfectly fine with Jewish oligarchies seizing the means of production, and forcing the population to be dependant upon them.
>corporations are so powerful
This should concern you far more than the retarded cat ladies supporting them.
>And on the topic of identity politics it boils down to "white = bad", "not white = good" "black = best" and when it comes to men and women, "women = good" "men = bad" and with sexuality "LGBT = good" and "not LGBT = bad"
>And finally, their group, the left, are the good guys, everyone else are the bad guys, no matter whatever anyone says or does "left = good" and "right = bad" no matter what, if the left engages in the exact same behavior someone on the right does, it's ok when they do it, because they're simply the good guys!

This is a pattern of behavior that is not exclusive to either party but is absolutely exclusive to the nu west.
I never said the right was perfect either.

Alkaline Cab

Troglodytes, troglodytes
kiwifarms.net
(Not really long time) lurker. This probably boils down to "i'm so edgy, pwn the libs" , but fuck it. I'm pissed with seeing it among people I know.

Wokeness ultimately comes from wanting the world to be "nice", "respectful", "civil", etc.: ie artificially clean.
Why can't you say nigger, even under heavy historical context? Ultimately, because its mean and disrespectful.
Even dare question the troon epidemic? You're a transphobic bigot, aka you don't give a " group an inconvincible amount of respect for free.
Tirades on racism, sexism, homophobia all come from the golden rule - treat others as they would treat you - neglecting every other factor in the process.
It's only ok to make people uncomfortable when the ends justify the means, and when its ok, its ok to burn cities down.

They get so much influence because making the world nicer sounds so good, which appeals to the general public. Why wouldn't you want to be nice? They don't realize that (for instance) comedy comes at the expense of something/someone.
"No freedom from consequences!" is how they justify both cancel culture and practical censorship.

Ultimately saying both sides do it is somewhat counterproductive. People laugh at fundies screaming sinner; they don't when the mob says racist. One side has giant corporations at every corner (the other has billionaire families, but I digress).

I think its folly to assume these people are all part of one monolithic group. What you see as "the left" is a vast and at some points tenuously connected web of smaller ideologies. A lot of these groups despise each other, but because they share some random broad interpretation of what constitutes social justice (in the classical sense) they have been collected under a single umbrella.
It comes down to, as you say, so many people fighting under the umbrella of SocJus. And unlike whatever commie policy separates left wing groups, it doesn't require legislative effort to cancel somebody.
Try and stray away from the latest prominent issue, and you'll be exiled immediately. TERFs, class reductionists, and more to come. People w/o a strong opinion will be dragged along anyway.

gonna have to take my meds now

L50LasPak

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It comes down to, as you say, so many people fighting under the umbrella of SocJus. And unlike whatever commie policy separates left wing groups, it doesn't require legislative effort to cancel somebody.
Try and stray away from the latest prominent issue, and you'll be exiled immediately. TERFs, class reductionists, and more to come. People w/o a strong opinion will be dragged along anyway.
This premise only makes sense if you're somebody involved in politics or who otherwise has a prominent public image though. Unless you're secretly a public official using this site to shitpost on or something, you as a private citizen have no need to worry about being "dragged along" becuase nobody is forcing you to participate.

And don't give me any of that "But all my friends and family are doing it!" shit. If the only people in your life keep trying to rope you along into something you don't want to be a part of, you cut those fuckers loose. If you're somehow so god damn financially desitute that you can't, then you can still minimize inolvement with them as much as possible while you work to free yourself. Nobody can force you to be social, and there is currently no better time to be antisocial than this pandemic.