Book recommendations -

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Ex Cummunicated Sasser HD

Sláinte!!!
kiwifarms.net
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole is a must-read for any Kiwi Farms poster.
The Neon Bible also, same author, and I believe he was 16 when he wrote it. A++ on Dunces though, even if the first few pages with the scene in the bar with his ma is essentially CWC, that's OK. It really evolves after that. At least his JULAY is real in that book...

edit: Oryx & Crake: Margaret Atwood.... That is a the most kiwi book ever.....

Last edited:

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Earthsea Trilogy: Neat fantasy series I read as a kid.
  • Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune: Classic sci-fi
  • The Sunne in Splendour: historical novel of the War of the Roses, and part of the inspiration for Game of Thrones.
  • Children of Hurin: Tolkien tragedy.
  • Salem's Lot: best of King's work.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net

Dr W

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.
kiwifarms.net
Literally anything by Phillip K. Dick.

But whatever you do don't use this website because piracy is wrong.
Pfft.

libgen.unblocked.red

Not that anyone would be a pirate here.
Ah, piracy. The age old question applies:

Are you a "yarr" pirate or a "yohoho" pirate?

chaosrevolutions

You will see the tears of time
kiwifarms.net
The Shadow Children

The Giver

Freak the Mighty

The Westing Game

Requiem for the Yamato

and if your ok with a light novel I highly recommend Spice and Wolf.

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A Journal of the Plague Year Daniel Defoe

I read this several years back during the Ebola outbreak, and it is striking how human behavior and what we turn to is a seemingly immutable constant. Religion, superstition, misinformation, woo-- the more things change, the more they stay the same. Bills of Mortality are posted online now rather than nailed to a post.

It's one of the first examples of historical fiction, and in fact was argued to be nonfiction into the 20th century. It's still inconsistently classified to this day.

Not only did Defoe invent historical fiction, he was one of the first master trolls. He had around 200 pseudonyms and he knew how to use them.

I'll get flack for this as a guy but Pride and Prejudice is a pretty fun easy classic read. Easily Austen's best.
Lord Of The Flies.
Down and Out in Paris and London & Road To Wigan Pier.
Flashman & Other George MacDonald Fraser books.
The Big Short
The Mabingion & Irish Hyberno-Celtic Tales

Reactions: StrawberryDouche

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A Journal of the Plague Year Daniel Defoe

I read this several years back during the Ebola outbreak, and it is striking how human behavior and what we turn to is a seemingly immutable constant. Religion, superstition, misinformation, woo-- the more things change, the more they stay the same. Bills of Mortality are posted online now rather than nailed to a post.

It's one of the first examples of historical fiction, and in fact was argued to be nonfiction into the 20th century. It's still inconsistently classified to this day.

Not only did Defoe invent historical fiction, he was one of the first master trolls. He had around 200 pseudonyms and he knew how to use them.

Defoe is a fun character. Pretty much everything during the eighteenth century is attributed to him since he was a pen for hire. Issue is that there is no evidence one way or another. Pretty much everything that was well written was attributed to him just for being good.

Doug_S1

Bloomberg 2024
kiwifarms.net
I recently read Churchill's Life of Marlborough. There are 4 volumes - 2 and 3 are the best. The quality of writing and thought reminds me of something out of classical antiquity.

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
Any recommendations for good books about Vietnam? I think I might start learning up about tht whole clusterficj

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
My favorites are Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Something Happened by Joseph Heller, and Mason & Dixon by Thomas Pynchon. Also highly recommended are The Yiddish Policeman’s Union by Michael Chabon, Continental Drift by Russell Banks, and The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie

Tags
None