Books over 1200 Pages -

kiwifarmsfan1

kiwifarms.net
Inspired by a recent episode of Mad At The Internet where Null says that nobody has ever in the history of mankind has read a twelve hundred pages anything.
Timestamped:
So I thought it would be good to know some decent books that the people here have that must be used as bricks, doorstops, and paper weights.
Looking at my shelf Les Miserables clocking in at a light 1222 pages would make a fine blunt object.
1568274086970.png

I have a few more pieces of construction material, but I wanted to see if some other people would share their books whose only purpose if they are still on a shelf instead of being used to build a house is that they are really hollowed out to hold their valuables.

Last edited:

Giant Kozaky

kiwifarms.net
The Count of Monte Cristo
Paperback, Penguin Classics, 1276 pages
Published May 27th 2003 by Penguin Classics (first published 1844)
i havent read it, just googled books over 1200 pages

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not a single book, but the A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) is over 4,200 pages and still has 2 books left to go (if GRRM lives that long).

Screenshot from 2019-09-12 02-13-12.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Burning Fanatic

Wooper

the big dick gee Pokemon
kiwifarms.net
I may not have read the Bible cover to cover, but I have read the Bibble all the way through.

Cynically Insane

They must have taken my marbles away
kiwifarms.net
Marcel Proust, À la recherche du temps perdu, or in English, In Search of Lost Time. Over 3,000 pages and 1.2 million words.

Reactions: la mort

Underestimated Nutria

kiwifarms.net
Tranny writer Jan Morris' Pax Britannica trilogy (it's really one book) surely is twelve hundred pages. Really awesome, too.

What about the Decline and Fall? I have the first edition that was printed at once, as in, not in single independent volumes, in storage somewhere.

• Semper Fidelis
Reactions: Safir

Lemmingwise

Blamer
kiwifarms.net
I like it, it's a funny segment.

But the idea that nobody has read the bible is pretty exceptional.

I've never really quite reconciled with the reality that there are people out there that don't frequently read books. Like I know it, but I don't really believe it.

Reactions: Unog

Safir

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire is about 4000 pages.

The Accursed Kings (fiction) is about 2000 pages (not counting volume 7, which is crap).

The Iliad and the Odyssey together are 1200 pages.

Plutarch's Lives can run over 1200 pages depending on edition.

kiwifarmsfan1

kiwifarms.net
Just a few moments ago, I guess he is peeking in here for confirmation: https://twitter.com/Leviticus19_18/status/1172069084344836097
1568278834210.png

This impressive work of 1487 kindling sheets was titled The Basic Works of Aristotle. It contained 15 pieces of what looked like shreds of paper to mark pages that would provide the best burn. I heard this was one of the techniques used at the library of Alexandria to ensure it was so thoroughly scorched to the earth.

1568279386857.png

Last edited:

A Useless Fish

A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.
kiwifarms.net
I have read War and Peace which comes to 1,225 pages. Another title I've read is Robert Fisk's The Great War for Civilisation which, depending on the edition, can run up to 1,300 pages.

Does Null actually read anything aside from shitposts?

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

MemeGray

@Maskull's favourite comedian
kiwifarms.net
James Clavells Asian saga has 6 books the shortest is king rat at 420ish pages and the longest is either Gai-Jin or noble house at 1200+ pages.

Reactions: goatkafka
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino