Books over 1200 Pages

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

Крыса

kiwifarms.net
I'm currently reading (and have been for a while...) Alan Moore's Jerusalem which is over 1260 pages

Francis Dollarhyde

And the woman, clothed in the sun.
kiwifarms.net
Vom Kriege is 980 pages (the one I have anyway). Het Bureau by Voskuil is about 5000 pages, also read it completely (they gave tours at the institute he 100% based every character and policy quirk on, pretty funny). Os Sertões was pretty long and close to the 1200 at least. La Divina Commedia was also long, or it just seemed that way because the language is and old dialect, I could not read it well. Zettels Traum was almost 1500 iirc and Les Mis is still waiting to be read. Probably read more close to over over 1200 but forgot.

Some people prefer not to read. Some people like to read.

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
I was gonna say The Open Society and Its Enemies but that is only around 900pgs of shit talking plato and marx.

P

PT 940

kiwifarms.net
I read the entire Bible, finished it this year actually. I'm going through the KJV apocrypha currently. I've also read IT and A Game of Thrones. I read long books that interest me but the majority of books I complete aren't nearly as long as those.

byuu

Non-binary they/them
kiwifarms.net
I have an edition of Dan Simmons' Endymion that's 1327 pages but it's technically two novels in a single book.

Ellesse_warrior

Plz dox thumb
Forum Staff
🐄 On-Topic Mod 🐄
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Found a list of the longest books. Some have been mentioned here already.

I've read Atlas Shrugged and could've sworn it was longer. TBH Les Miserables is the only one out of that list I would consider reading at least it's a good story.

RetardedCat

javascript is the future, Josh.
kiwifarms.net
You know, I was surprised at how many books in my shelf are actually not that many pages, the closest I got to the 1200 pages are my King James Bible which clocks about 1290 and the Complete Fiction of Lovecraft which is about 1100. Otherwise it's just book series that seem to make it to the more than 1200 pages requirement, with my average pages in books looking to be close to 700.

I don't know anyone who has never read 1200 pages in a short time tho. It's stupidly easy to get into a book series and just lose multiple nights over it, Peter F. Hamilton owes me multiple sleepless nights from reading his work for example.

Niggernerd

Hiya pops, long time no post.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Remembrance of things past is 4,215 pages long.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Norman Mailer’s The Executioner’s Song (which is great, by the way) is about 60 pages shy of 1200. He also wrote Harlot’s Ghost which does break 1300 pages, but I haven’t read it.

Крыса

kiwifarms.net
You know, I was surprised at how many books in my shelf are actually not that many pages, the closest I got to the 1200 pages are my King James Bible which clocks about 1290 and the Complete Fiction of Lovecraft which is about 1100. Otherwise it's just book series that seem to make it to the more than 1200 pages requirement, with my average pages in books looking to be close to 700.

I don't know anyone who has never read 1200 pages in a short time tho. It's stupidly easy to get into a book series and just lose multiple nights over it, Peter F. Hamilton owes me multiple sleepless nights from reading his work for example.
Ha yeah I have half a dozen bricks from Hamilton too, that man isn't exactly concise.

Inflatable Julay

Bing bing wahoo
kiwifarms.net
I got through the first two and a half books of LOTR in high school, but every time I hit the halfway point of Return of the King I just sighed and lost interest

Captain Ahab

kiwifarms.net
Anything over 800 pages is a pain in the ass to read. At that size, even the book, in itself, is too unwieldy for my liking. Either divide that shit into smaller parts, as they did with LoTR, or get a better editor. King’s IT could’ve been edited down to half its size without losing much.

This ain’t the 1800’s. I’m not gonna spend my evenings flipping through hundreds of pages of gibberish that could have been told more succinctly by a superior writer. I believe a modern writer should have the ability to tell a story in as few pages as possible. ‘Tis a busy world.

That said, I have read J. M. Roberts’ and O. A. Westad’s The History of the World, which contains a monumental 1,300 pages, with a relatively small font, but it’s a history book, so it’s different from a fiction novel.

Hecate

My skin crawlith
kiwifarms.net
I'm currently reading a series called Amber by Roger zelazny. its a ten book series but the copy I have is a collection of all the books at 1258 pages. does that count?
I'm halfway through and it's pretty good so far for a science/fantasy fiction