Boomer memes -

Good old Jill

Give us them mucky bibs pet
kiwifarms.net
One thing that bugs me about their generation is that they take credit for pivotal events just for being born in that timeframe.
We'll all do that eventually. As you age your relevance fades and even your genuine personal accomplishments will matter less and less to subsequent generations. Eventually you start reaching more broadly for past glories, and as the marquee achievements of your generation are pretty much the only things the kids seem to know about you, you may as well claim those.

J

JM 590

kiwifarms.net

I like this on inparticular, because it makes me think of how much the future generations are going to hate this one, and how they'll have 10x more embarrassing shit to make fun of you for.
Agreed, though it also brings to mind how this generation's going to lose out on a hell of a lot of old family photos due to people just not printing out photos very much anymore. Even if you're smart enough to know to copy off your photos from your phone onto your home computer, HDDs don't last forever, and disc rot can eat your DVD-Rs in a few decades.

BACK YOUR SHIT UP, EVERYBODY

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Agreed, though it also brings to mind how this generation's going to lose out on a hell of a lot of old family photos due to people just not printing out photos very much anymore. Even if you're smart enough to know to copy off your photos from your phone onto your home computer, HDDs don't last forever, and disc rot can eat your DVD-Rs in a few decades.

Yes, I've noticed this. Since the death of camera film, I noticed I went from something like ~15-20 photos per year down to like 1 hard-copy photo per year. Sometimes even zero hard-copy photos in a year.

An Ghost

Top Coof
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Don’t forget about how file formats change, and even digital cameras from a few years ago can’t use high capacity SDXC cards, even those they’re the same size and purpose of regular SD cards.

I scanned a box of slides for a relative recently and the results were uh interesting but the detail is unreal
1951 tiger balm statues Hong Kong
99B177E5-AA22-446A-9700-369590ED0E24.jpeg
B003BD5D-8465-4821-8828-0A067D83992F.jpeg

Tags
None