Boomers on Social Media -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
I could go on for hours about Boomers bitching despite having the easiest ride of any generation ever and how out-of-touch they are, but what gets me is how angry they seem about ~Millennials~ having an easier time than them (they don't, but let's pretend for the sake of argument that they do). Isn't that a good thing? Isn't the hope of every generation that the one that follows them will have a better, easier life?
Lol, no. It takes some balls to speak about out-of-touch boomers while spouting millennial woe-is-me memes recycled from loser internet circle jerks. Thing is, the boomers didn't have it easy. The economy tanked in '69, '73, '79, in the process of purging and reinventing itself from a manufacturing economy to a service economy just as they became adults. 70's malaise was their job market and their professional training in the manufacturing sector was useless when it came time to make a living with it. Those "better get a college education so you don't end up in the trades like your old man" memes didn't start for no reason. Latchkey kids didn't happen for no reason. Stay-at-home mothers didn't stop being a thing for no reason.

It's the Greatest and Silent Generations that had the booming postwar economy dropped into their laps. Not the boomers. The boomers were just little kids through all that and when it came time for their turn, it fell flat on it's face. Also, Vietnam.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Blue cheese, moron.
View attachment 1133858
Can somebody explain this meme?
That's not a meme, you absolute buffoon. That's nirvana. That is what I try and grasp at every time the morning light reaches my eyes. If you view that image with any sort of derision, you are part of the problem. And you are definitely not getting invited to my barbecue.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
Lol, no. It takes some balls to speak about out-of-touch boomers while spouting millennial woe-is-me memes recycled from loser internet circle jerks. Thing is, the boomers didn't have it easy. The economy tanked in '69, '73, '79, in the process of purging and reinventing itself from a manufacturing economy to a service economy just as they became adults. 70's malaise was their job market and their professional training in the manufacturing sector was useless when it came time to make a living with it. Those "better get a college education so you don't end up in the trades like your old man" memes didn't start for no reason. Latchkey kids didn't happen for no reason. Stay-at-home mothers didn't stop being a thing for no reason.

It's the Greatest and Silent Generations that had the booming postwar economy dropped into their laps. Not the boomers. The boomers were just little kids through all that and when it came time for their turn, it fell flat on it's face. Also, Vietnam.
ok boomer

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1133858
Can somebody explain this meme?
Just irreverent boomer humor. It caught on, with people making edits of it which are actually funny.

It's honestly both from what I've seen. The real question is which was/is worse, minions or rabbids?
Rabbids were for a gaming franchise which only little kids bought and played while their parents did soft drugs for the hour or two it held their attention. Minions were in a movie which people marginally liked where parents and kids sat through while more and more movies were rapidly produced to drain this rock for all it's worth, and a marketing 4D chess play made them appeal to adults with predictable "adulting is so hard!!!" humor online. Minions are significantly worse because the godless monsters behind Rabbids knew that annoying commercials was enough.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Boomers on social media, I'm sure everyone here's seen this, but it fits the thread perfectly, and it's wholesome to boot:

That meme kicked off in early 2017.

Here's Cracker Barrel's latest tweet as of February 6th, 2020:

cbtweet.png

and the replies underneath:

cbreplies.png

Last edited:

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Did you just forget about the Great Depression

Tags
None