Boomers on Social Media -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The best part about boomers is how often they come off as endearing even though millennials try and fail to seem that way by being "quirky" and "relatable"

It's like that picture of that 4chan post about the ape tranny vs. a real woman. The millennial tries, fails, and, becomes a gross caricature. Boomer just is.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No memes, but an interesting observation.. I hail from a large family and when I visit my uncles, aunties, etc.. I have noticed that there is at least one dedicated television in their homes that broadcast either MSNBC, CNN, or FOX News 24/7. Does anyone else find that weird?
Old people can't function without the TV signals powering their synthetic kidney stone turbines. News is always on, always boomer.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No memes, but an interesting observation.. I hail from a large family and when I visit my uncles, aunties, etc.. I have noticed that there is at least one dedicated television in their homes that broadcast either MSNBC, CNN, or FOX News 24/7. Does anyone else find that weird?
Mine have always done that too for the white noise, though not always with news channels.

Aberforth

Master of headbutting
kiwifarms.net
It's extra wacky since so many of them grew up telling their kids that TV rots your brain to gaming rots your brain and now have moved on to internet rots your brain.

When's the last time you all saw an old person read a book? "When the power went out" doesn't count.
Not just books. Jigsaw puzzles, drawing, sudoku, crossword puzzles, and just about any other non electronic type of entertainment get either neglected or dismissed when the power goes out.

Can't even recommend these things without some excuse like, "I don't have the patience!"

Stormy Daniel's Lawyer

So it goes.
kiwifarms.net
Not just books. Jigsaw puzzles, drawing, sudoku, crossword puzzles, and just about any other non electronic type of entertainment get either neglected or dismissed when the power goes out.

Can't even recommend these things without some excuse like, "I don't have the patience!"
I have wondered why there are so many vehicles out on the road during snow storms and there's no power in the neighborhoods..The only thing I can think of is that the millennial's are risking their lives just to charge their phones.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: TaimuRadiu and karz

Aberforth

Master of headbutting
kiwifarms.net
do famous boomers on social media count? because cher's tweets have it all - weird occasional caps lock, excessive emojis, ranting about politics, making sense only about half the time. absolute peak boomer.

Can't tell which posts were made while high and which were made while sober.

A Humble Ewok

...and a future for Ewok children.
kiwifarms.net
Lol, no. It takes some balls to speak about out-of-touch boomers while spouting millennial woe-is-me memes recycled from loser internet circle jerks. Thing is, the boomers didn't have it easy. The economy tanked in '69, '73, '79, in the process of purging and reinventing itself from a manufacturing economy to a service economy just as they became adults. 70's malaise was their job market and their professional training in the manufacturing sector was useless when it came time to make a living with it. Those "better get a college education so you don't end up in the trades like your old man" memes didn't start for no reason. Latchkey kids didn't happen for no reason. Stay-at-home mothers didn't stop being a thing for no reason.

It's the Greatest and Silent Generations that had the booming postwar economy dropped into their laps. Not the boomers. The boomers were just little kids through all that and when it came time for their turn, it fell flat on it's face. Also, Vietnam.
Not to mention most millennials growing up in the ho-hum, post Cold War 90's. I do get pissed off at things like the stool meme in the OP, or the "Avocado Toast" meme because you would think at their age they would have matured past the point of needing to jack off their egos.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
ok boomer
Gen X, bitch.
Did you just forget about the Great Depression
No. That typically isn't part of the discussion when people whine about the "boomers had it better" nonsense. They assume they were part of that roaring post-war economy. They weren't. Those were the folks in the generations before. Boomers were the ones that had the Rust Belt cities like Detroit collapse into an inescapable blackhole of economic despair before their eyes in the 70's.

The Shadow

Last one in's a freemason!
kiwifarms.net
Let's not forget the classics on Facebook ads, things like

"Haven't heard from you in a while hope you're well"

"Happy birthday sweetie"

"Bob are you coming over for dinner"

And it seems like it's mostly lost on Gen X'ers that "OK Boomer" doesn't mean you're an actual boomer, it means you're acting like one. You know...senile. I will close tonight's sermon with a helping of Pokemon Creatures.

Thank you for sharing

Last edited:
Tags
None