Boomers on Social Media -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Sperghetti

#waxmymeatballs
kiwifarms.net
No memes, but an interesting observation.. I hail from a large family and when I visit my uncles, aunties, etc.. I have noticed that there is at least one dedicated television in their homes that broadcast either MSNBC, CNN, or FOX News 24/7. Does anyone else find that weird?
I can't help but wonder if this is because for the vast majority of their lives, TV news was only broadcast for about an hour a day, so they felt compelled to tune in so they wouldn't miss anything. Now that it's 24/7 on several channels, the compulsion to have it on is still there even though the actual need for it is gone.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
do famous boomers on social media count? because cher's tweets have it all - weird occasional caps lock, excessive emojis, ranting about politics, making sense only about half the time. absolute peak boomer.

I was ready to make fun of her for making sure to write Trump's name in all lower case in the midst of an all-caps tweet, but then I laughed at the Marie Antrumpette photoshop because it's so bizarre

I never thought I'd find someone's Trump Derangement Syndrome weirdly adorable before today

"No cable/sat"

Ok boomer

kcbbq

Look at that fern! It's big and it's green!
kiwifarms.net
I was ready to make fun of her for making sure to write Trump's name in all lower case in the midst of an all-caps tweet, but then I laughed at the Marie Antrumpette photoshop because it's so bizarre

I never thought I'd find someone's Trump Derangement Syndrome weirdly adorable before today
She did a lot of drugs. A lot of drugs.

Plus she's still mad she had to go on camera and pretend to be sad when that dirty Contract With America Republican Sonny Bono died.

• Informative
Reactions: Pissmaster

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
There are boomers that are grating but some of my favorite boomers like to shitpost. There’s one in particular that I know that I suspect has found /pol/, /k/, and /b/ because he gets certain jokes that flies over other boomers heads. He’s also really good at trolling other boomers.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Came here expecting boomer memes, left satisfied 8)

Boomers on social media are unintentionally hilarious. Much more tolerable than the triple reverse irony or foodie pictures I regularly see from the under 40 crowd. Gimme a 95 IQ ice cold boomer take about those damn kids on their lawn than a humblebrag about how courageous they are for owning a Tesla or linking an awful fart huffing TEDx talk any day of the week. And of course, if you engage anyone on social media about politics, you are a dumbass.

CDWLTY

kiwifarms.net
is this peak boomer?

I didn't want to make a post in A&H about it, and it seemed to be relevant here.
That school has a "black emergency response team". I thought state governments were coming up with dumb volunteer 'x team' groups too much, but now that hyperenlightened students are doing it too I don't know what to think. The guy has somewhat of a point at the ground level, mocking someone for an innate characteristic is supposedly taboo, but in culture's greater bounds it's only okay for selected hierarchical groups. Duh, old man. You're too low on the pyramid to point out doublethink.

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Fangsofjeff

♡ you are now breathing manually ♡
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1145555
Ok, that's the most racist meme I've seen on Facebook. I had to take a second take and think: " did somebody unironically share this?"

Pretty much a vocal point used by white supremacists and racists. Also, what happened to "All Lives Matter"? Fucking boomers.
What's racist about it? It's just a raceswapped version of black lives matter.

I assume it has something to do with American power dynamics or America's past history of slavery. To a lay white person who's not well versed in social justice, the slogan black lives matter seems to imply that black lives matter more than those of other races. Personally, I think censoring things that promote white pride is only feeding racial inequality and breeding more racists. It makes both black and white people feel persecuted.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Shield Breaker
Tags
None