Borderlands (1, 2, 3, The Pre-Sequel, TftB) -

Scooper actually looks and sounds kind of a cute (and natural) inclusion into the lore...but ya know, we needed more of Eva, cant have a boy taking the spotlight.
Late and gay, but I very much remember a decent amount of videos and I think an article that covered Scooter's son being the one who would carry on the tradition for Catch-a-Ride after he perished in Tales but was wondering where he went after that.

Now we know where and why.

The handsome tard

Hyperion is working on the cure, it wont be cheap.
kiwifarms.net
Man, you can tell no one is giving a shit about Borderlands when the newer DLCs arent being talked about at all.
The new DLC's whole sthick is that its about a gay marriage (and tentacles, because comedy?). Even the titles are trying too hard to be "lol, funny!". Im not gonna act like Borderlands's humor was known for its subtle nature but this is stretching it, its trying too hard. The only silver lining is that the DLC seem to be keeping the theme of bringing missing Vault Hunters back. The first DLC brought Timothy (aka Handsome Jack Dolppelganger from the pre-sequel) and the second will bring Gaige back. It is my hope we can at least see Axton, Salvador and Krieg returning officially after the first two simply vanished and Krieg was only referenced in audio logs (which tell a story far better than the main game itself, unsurprisingly...)

But still, its not gonna change the fact that I personally think Borderlands 3 is the end of the series, not intentionally but because it failed to please fans as the game's plot felt like The Last Jedi equivalent of Borderlands, right down to having the superior legacy characters killed to force the shitty new ones into the spotlight. Urgh, the moment that song in the credits began playing, I just wished Handsome Jack would appear and One hit kill everyone with his cutscene magic pistol...
People just dont care for Borderlands anymore, sadly.

amieth

idiot with a degree
kiwifarms.net
I started playing BL3 today (since its on hentai steam not just china epic games). I have a few minor issues with the game. Why does IRL Lilith look like a alcoholic soccer mom? Why are the AI pathing so slow/buggy? *sigh*

also why are my character's pronouns (they/them)

• Feels
Reactions: dirty finger

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
I started playing BL3 today (since its on hentai steam not just china epic games). I have a few minor issues with the game. Why does IRL Lilith look like a alcoholic soccer mom? Why are the AI pathing so slow/buggy? *sigh*

Because this game has the extra chromosome

Lol the game plus all the DLC for 60 on steam and for some reason that still strikes me as a ripoff. Borderlands should have tried the destiny thing but with its own borderlands spin. Maybe even try introducing custom characters/character building. So people can mix and match abilities, and people love to play barbie dress up so that's a guaranteed DLC money pit for the next decade. Instead they just make the same game over and over again.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
Lol the game plus all the DLC for 60 on steam and for some reason that still strikes me as a ripoff. Borderlands should have tried the destiny thing but with its own borderlands spin. Maybe even try introducing custom characters/character building. So people can mix and match abilities, and people love to play barbie dress up so that's a guaranteed DLC money pit for the next decade. Instead they just make the same game over and over again.
Personally I despise the destiny "trend", for me its very mind numbing, I would rather a decent good with at least a decent story that builds the universe instead of demolishing anything that made it fun and engaging.

• Agree
Reactions: Agent Nahman Jayden
Personally I despise the destiny "trend", for me its very mind numbing, I would rather a decent good with at least a decent story that builds the universe instead of demolishing anything that made it fun and engaging.
Borderlands and Destiny are already pretty close both in terms of mechanics and how the games are structured so its not like you'd lose a lot in the translation.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
Borderlands and Destiny are already pretty close both in terms of mechanics and how the games are structured so its not like you'd lose a lot in the translation.
You would lose my interest. I got destiny 2 when it first came out, and new to the series and I just couldn't get into it. Everyone was faceless or generic 'ethereal beauty' and the enemies were... I don't remember. Robots? Even if it's annoying I'll play borderlands, it has some personality.

Agent Nahman Jayden

Agent Anonymous
kiwifarms.net
And characters. Destiny's characters are all completely boring and one-note with the exception of Cayde-6 and oh boy did they drop that ball hard.

Like 'em or hate 'em, Borderlands has recognisable characters, especially compared to Destiny and its even soul/wallet suckier spawn sequel.

Also at least when I pay for a complete Borderlands game and season pass, I GET all the shit I've been told I get. I can't say that about Destiny's terribly inconvenient model.

Dr. Troon Lagoon

Dr. Horrors of Nurgle, Gonna troon ur kids out!
kiwifarms.net
Got the game on steam, half-price was ok. Fuck their season pass though, that DLC looks cringey as shit.

Early into the game with friends, gunplay is good fun, feels much better than the second game. The early game is really slow though and the dialogue is really bad, parts trying to hard to be funny and other parts just toilethumour: buttplug and big succ, really? Also the NPC`s often tend to spazz out or have weird pathing issues, very odd.

Also none to pleased that Aurelia has been turned into a boss just to be murdered. She was a fun cliche character, her appearance her is a downgrade. I could have imagined her being a gun for hire, because the "good" side could offer her entertainment. Also her character looks horrendous, what the hell was the design team thinking?

Speaking of downgrade, the new vaulthunters are very bland.

What is up with the Lilith actress, did they hire a tranny or did they cake on so much make up that this woman looks mannish?

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Man, you can tell no one is giving a shit about Borderlands when the newer DLCs arent being talked about at all.
The new DLC's whole sthick is that its about a gay marriage (and tentacles, because comedy?). Even the titles are trying too hard to be "lol, funny!". Im not gonna act like Borderlands's humor was known for its subtle nature but this is stretching it, its trying too hard. The only silver lining is that the DLC seem to be keeping the theme of bringing missing Vault Hunters back. The first DLC brought Timothy (aka Handsome Jack Dolppelganger from the pre-sequel) and the second will bring Gaige back. It is my hope we can at least see Axton, Salvador and Krieg returning officially after the first two simply vanished and Krieg was only referenced in audio logs (which tell a story far better than the main game itself, unsurprisingly...)

But still, its not gonna change the fact that I personally think Borderlands 3 is the end of the series, not intentionally but because it failed to please fans as the game's plot felt like The Last Jedi equivalent of Borderlands, right down to having the superior legacy characters killed to force the shitty new ones into the spotlight. Urgh, the moment that song in the credits began playing, I just wished Handsome Jack would appear and One hit kill everyone with his cutscene magic pistol...
People just dont care for Borderlands anymore, sadly.
The ending was pathetic. Bad enough that you had the biggest dipshit character act like she's all, "I never doubted you for a second, Lilith!" when she bitched the most about her, worse still they played the most mainstream, droning song that you've learned to hate after hearing it a million times on radio through the credits, and punctuated that with amateur fanart from which I half expected some gay yaoi shit to emerge. After about 40 seconds I couldn't bear it any longer and left the game running in the background until the sequence was over. The gameplay itself is fun, but the story is a far cry from what BL2 was like.

The DLC is pretty dumb, particularly the gay marriage one coming out. The problem is that Gearbox can't help but bust its pozzy nut all over the LGBT crowd even though the main game did more than enough of that already. It's disappointing that instead of getting further expansion of the lore through fleshing out all the new worlds we were introduced to, or even more exploration of the new playable characters themselves, we have a minor element bumped to the top of the list, which frankly feels like wasted opportunity.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can anybody help an old fuck get BL3 to play on Steam? Win 10 PC, downloaded okay, verified the files, (did this twice) but only the initial splash screen displays, then the Steam sorry you fucking crashed screen displays with no error code. I tried all the common suggestions out in Google land and still the same. My son said he thinks it's a graphics card or hardware issue, but all the other BLs played just fine and still do.

Bummer. Color me stumped (short of buying a new PC). Thanks!

amieth

idiot with a degree
kiwifarms.net
Can anybody help an old fuck get BL3 to play on Steam? Win 10 PC, downloaded okay, verified the files, (did this twice) but only the initial splash screen displays, then the Steam sorry you fucking crashed screen displays with no error code. I tried all the common suggestions out in Google land and still the same. My son said he thinks it's a graphics card or hardware issue, but all the other BLs played just fine and still do.

Bummer. Color me stumped (short of buying a new PC). Thanks!
My PC is only semi-potato and it ran really poorly on my PC. Maybe your graphics card is out of date and it wont load? I had to turn everything down to low or medium in the graphics and it still loads like shit when I open it. (I have a 960 TI)

jellycar

50% Patty Hearst/50% Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
So are these games like bioshock or fallout?
How do they work? Do you get partners that travel with you or anything?

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
I've got all the characters to 20-40 at this point. I've started up and replayed BL1 and BL2 tens of times since their releases, so with that in mind; that the game is likely to be booted up and restarted every other season for a few years, I quite like it. No super tedious early missions. Super great looking, nice and early customization options. Subjective scaling so you don't need to do literally every mission at the same time. Being what it is; a shitty in/out social shooter, I'd say it's a very good game for $30 on Steam.

That said, I fucking hate how all the good characters are made into NPCs, given nice visual upgrades and a personality, only to never be heard from again, while also making them impossible to be new DLC characters. The current 4 characters basically cover every stereotype present in the previous games. The siren, the pet person, the semi-tank, the "tons of gun passives". What can they even add? The only unique vault hunters yet are those from Pre-Sequel, and they already wasted one of those. I really don't hope Gaige is coming back as a character; we already got Fl4k who basically replaced every part about her, from robotics to pets.

One thing I've noticed however is a lack of a buff stack character. Both Fl4k and Zane have builds based on on-kill bonuses, but nothing like Gaige's shotgun Anarchy. It'd be really cool if they imported the gunslinger lady from Pre-sequel and gave her some kind of "stacks dmg with every headshot until you miss" build. There really isn't any sharpshooters in the game currently, even with Fl4k being the lone ranger sniper stereotype. Aside from that, I really don't know what player stereotype they can do next.
The new DLC's whole sthick is that its about a gay marriage (and tentacles, because comedy?). Even the titles are trying too hard to be "lol, funny!". Im not gonna act like Borderlands's humor was known for its subtle nature but this is stretching it, its trying too hard.
I haven't heard anything about the DLC, but I'd honestly say their relationship in the main portion of the game was a highlight. They're two fags who know they won't/cant/want any other partner in life than the other, yet don't roll around sucking each other's dick in the dialogue. They bicker like old marriaged people, and I kinda wish they'd leave it at that. i can only imagine a 'comedy' DLC based on their relationship is gonna suck.

The real-life characters have always been a gimmick. It's tongue-in-cheek like the dialogue and general style of the game. It has lots its touch a lot though, now that Borderlands is known as -the- meme shooter. It was a bit more fitting in a shitty looking BL1.
So are these games like bioshock or fallout?
How do they work? Do you get partners that travel with you or anything?
Diablo style. Enemies and loot scale up with each additional person. Very rarely do you get help from an NPC, and that's exclusively in main story missions. You return and grind old zones and unique spawn bosses in end-game, but I'd say it's far from as end-game heavy as Diablo is. You don't rush the story to get to the 'real game', it's just a tack-on for people who love grinding loot.

They're about guns (obviously) akin fallout. Managing inventory and switching around and comparing. There's no gun modding and it's RNG what parts guns have on them, even if they're scripted quest rewards. Gunplay, looks, and feel is very Fallout, but has 1-2 added abilities per character, that I'd describe as something akin Bioshock plasmids. Though they're not really your major damage dealer, but often is just a thing that other than doing its simple job also adds a bunch of temporary effects to you. 'Empower your pet for 20 secs', and then you got a bunch of talents that increases your dmg, HP, stats etc during the ability.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
Welp, I hope you haven't had your fill of exceptional games journo bullshit, because borderlands 3's gay mixed race wedding still isn't woke enough for gamespot, partly because the author is a fucking idiot - Borderlands 3's Lovecraft DLC Dismisses Major Problems With The Author's Work (Archive)

The tldr is that gearbox fucked up simply by using Lovecraft as inspiration and not explicitly pausing the game to insert a wall of text explaining that racism = bad. Hammerlock leaves the rescuing of his boyfriend to you - you know, like every other npc in the series - and therefore gearbox is saying gay love isn't real or something. Also the writer is under the impression somehow that Wainwright is black, and as a result misses the entire fucking point that gearbox is already shoving their disapproval of lovecraft's ethics in your face literally the whole campaign.

Reactions: vertexwindi

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Aaa0aaa0

SARS 2: Electric Flugaloo
kiwifarms.net
Embarrassing Writer said:
So the story of the DLC is that a woman who's essentially an otherworldly witch robs a gay couple of their happy day, questions their relationship, and then tries to fix the "flaw" of their love by transforming one of the men into her own husband, so as to create a supposedly more pure love. That's already a little strange and more than a bit homophobic, but when you also consider that this DLC is Lovecraft-inspired, it becomes even more problematic.
This is the funniest fucking shit I've read all week. "THE BAD GUY IS DOING SOMETHING PROBLEMATIC" no fucking shit thats why we're shooting them with guns. One of the heroes is indian and the robot is nonbinary and theyre part of the "shoot cult leader in face" party. How is this so hard to understand.

I hope its better than Hammerlocks previous DLC, he's the best and got a bit shafted with the big game hunt. Lovecraftian shit is also my jam, so I am looking forward to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Ineedahero
Tags
None