Boy hit by cheese and dies, mother lashes out at bully - So allergic that even seeing the word cheese could kill him.

Murmur

Uncouth Twat
kiwifarms.net
I guess it's better that this happened now as opposed to 10 years from now, where this kid is an adult driving past a nacho stand or something, and he gets a whiff of nacho cheese through his open window, sending him into shock and driving his car into a crowd of pedestrians.

JosephTX

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42(b) Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
All joking aside. This is fucking tragic and is really a grey area. It's horrible the poor boy died but I seriously don't see how the kid at school can be charged with manslaughter. I feel dreadful for everyone involved.
It's the eggshell skull rule, that is if you do an action that wouldn't injure a regular person but the person you committed the act from it suffers serious injury or death as a DIRECT result, then you're still fully responsible regardless of the how unlikely it is since the end result is your unlawful action caused the pain and suffering of another person.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's the eggshell skull rule, that is if you do an action that wouldn't injure a regular person but the person you committed the act from it suffers serious injury or death as a DIRECT result, then you're still fully responsible regardless of the how unlikely it is since the end result is your unlawful action caused the pain and suffering of another person.

That's a principle of civil liability. It doesn't turn some inadvertent act into murder when it couldn't have been expected to result in any harm at all, much less death. This wouldn't even be felony murder since throwing a tiny piece of cheese at someone isn't even a felony.

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 755113

And yet

View attachment 755114

There's info missing from this report. Anaphylaxis would have been obvious to the ambos when they tried to intubate the kid, even if they hadn't considered it before then. Ambulances carry epi, so even if the Epipen at the school was out of date, they had additional doses available in the ambulances.
Realistically, kids with this extreme degree of allergy are a huge liability risk for schools and there has to be a point at which schools are allowed to say "we can't possibly provide your child with a bubble".
I can't speak for the UK, but the US is a bit more complicated. Some states BLS trucks running EMTs may not carry Epi-Pens -- and even if they do, the EMT may not have the licensing authority to utilize it. In other cases, BLS crews can use the patients Epi-Pen, but not any other pen not prescribed to them. It's such a dumb system.

Anaphylactic shock and an asthma attack can present similarly, however, since their symptoms are similar. However if it was an ALS truck that responded, the paramedic on board would prescribe an Epi-Pen anyway just to be sure. Especially since the kid was in a lunchroom environment.

There's something more to this that we aren't getting. The kid may have had an allergic reaction to the cheese, but there had to have been something else that occurred that caused him to die so quickly. I fucking feel bad for the little guy.

JosephTX

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42(b) Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
That's a principle of civil liability. It doesn't turn some inadvertent act into murder when it couldn't have been expected to result in any harm at all, much less death. This wouldn't even be felony murder since throwing a tiny piece of cheese at someone isn't even a felony.
It has been incorporated under English Criminal Law since 1975 per R v Blaue (1975) 61 Cr App R 271

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Had anyone mentioned it might be psychosomatic?

The mom sounds batshit, to say the least, spends years telling him he's allergic to everything and will die when he touches it. He touches it, freaks out, and has a physical reaction.
Whatever it is, something else is definitely going on. The fake news report is full of inconsistencies and missing information.

Mild powerlevel, when I was a kid my mom told me I was allergic to cheese (not dairy, just cheese) and it was total bullshit. I got made fun of for it though because it's kinda mockable. I'm not surprised no other kids took it seriously. There's not exactly a shortage of cunts claiming allergies that are total bullshit.

Fork Cartel

The 1% are literally the spawn of Satan
kiwifarms.net
I feel for almost everyone except the dumbass school staff, although honestly it's getting ridiculous with these allergies. As has been pointed out, someone who dies from even touching cheese can't possibly have a remotely normal life and accommodating the world to them is far more expense than it's worth. Some people were just born fucked.

DuckSucker

kiwifarms.net
If you can die from contact with a kraft single, perhaps you're a bit too fragile for this world. After all, is life really worth living if you can never have pizza?
To be fair, a Kraft single could probably kill anyone who consumes it.
That's sad, but if you can die from momentarily touching a small bit of an incredibly common food item then it's a miracle you made it to 13 in the first place.
No that child DESERVES a manslaughter charge.

I was kind of ambivalent about the article because a kid died and it's like, fuck dude, but that quote very quickly made up my mind.

"How could this happen at school?" Lady your kid is allergic to a very common thing. It could happen at school, it could happen at Chili's, it could happen at his buddy's birthday party. Dont blame some random kid and say he deserves to have his life destroyed and fucked up just because your kid had some genetic issue.

I get that the lady is in a weird space and it's not my kid so Im out of line, but I would think if one child died senselessly, it's not really justice to ruin another life for some sense of revenge. The kid didnt set out to kill the other one, it's nowhere near manslaughter.

Last edited:

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
I'll edit in a tl;dr. The kid was allergic to dairy, wheat, gluten, eggs and nuts.
I'm sorry for the family, but I think humans like this aren't meant to survive that long. Just like those dogs that are allergic to meat.

These women need to take responsibility.

They fucked up during their pregnancy by not eating a diverse diet to create immunity.
There is a lot of foods that Muslims and Jews are forbidden to eat. We need to throw food randomly at them until we discover what makes them explode...

Last edited:

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
This is tragic, but I hope at the very least the accused murderer is found guilty so as a country we can establish the standard that 12-year-olds are more responsible for the health and welfare of another kid with absolutely insane allergies than the school officials who refused to use epipens they had to cover their own ass with red tape.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
If a random piece of cheese flying through the air can kill you, you probably, statistically, aren't going to survive childhood.

"He was going to die anyway" is not a defense for murder, but, for manslaughter, the fact looking at this kid funny could trigger an allergic reaction seems like a sane defense, if the "negligence" needed for manslaughter can be met by brushing up against someone with cheese.
You wouldn't find a judge to convict him (at least in freedomland). The judge would say "You want me to arrest him... for throwing cheese?"

I know it ain't fun but kids with allergies like this or the ones where you get fucking anaphylaxis from peanut oil in the goddamn air need to stay home, lest every sap with a peanut butter sandwich be given the needle. It's your problem, not mine or anyone else's. Not to mention we have online schools now, brick and mortar is purely for the experience. It's one thing if a kid has a "don't eat that" allergy or a "don't touch this" allergy, but a fucking "don't be anywhere near it" allergy? Your kid is different and has different needs. Face the music.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I know it ain't fun but kids with allergies like this or the ones where you get fucking anaphylaxis from peanut oil in the goddamn air need to stay home, lest every sap with a peanut butter sandwich be given the needle. It's your problem, not mine or anyone else's. Not to mention we have online schools now, brick and mortar is purely for the experience. It's one thing if a kid has a "don't eat that" allergy or a "don't touch this" allergy, but a fucking "don't be anywhere near it" allergy? Your kid is different and has different needs. Face the music.
Some schools institute rules that ban all peanut products and punish kids who bring a peanut butter sandwich for themselves to eat at lunch. It's ridiculous. I'm sorry nature cursed you but it's not everyone else's job to compensate you for it. If you can die from touching grass, then don't expect the rest of us to outlaw lawns and parks.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
Some schools institute rules that ban all peanut products and punish kids who bring a peanut butter sandwich for themselves to eat at lunch. It's ridiculous. I'm sorry nature cursed you but it's not everyone else's job to compensate you for it. If you can die from touching grass, then don't expect the rest of us to outlaw lawns and parks.
It really is ridiculous. What the fuck are those kids meant to do if they live in poverty and peanut butter is all they can afford? Nah, don't matter. my super special kid (let's be real, having a kid with that sort of deathly allergy is expensive af) needs to go to a real school so you just gotta suffer poor kid.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino