Boy hit by cheese and dies, mother lashes out at bully - So allergic that even seeing the word cheese could kill him.

NoticesPatterns

kiwifarms.net
Karan was one of three children to collapse at school and subsequently die between 2016 and 2017, an alarming figure given that, on average, the total number of deaths per year of both adults and children across the entire country rarely rises above ten.

Nasar Ahmed, a 14-year-old pupil at Bow School in East London, suffered an anaphylactic reaction to tandoori chicken served for lunch in November 2017.

And in March 2018, nine-year-old Ismaeel Ashraf, who had a dairy allergy, collapsed and died after eating fish fingers and chips for lunch at his school.
Karan
Nasar Ahmed
Ismaeel Ashraf
I'm noticing a pattern here.
According to statistics released by Allergy UK, there was a 615 per cent increase in the rate of UK hospitalisations due to anaphylaxis in the 20 years to 2012.
That dramatic increase coincides with an explosion in a population notorious for, to put it delicately, consanguineous marriages (incest, bluntly).
The causes of the staggering increase are not fully understood but experts blame it on multiple factors including a trend for delaying weaning in babies and changes in gut bacteria resulting from over-zealous standards of hygiene.
Once again, (((experts))) are studiously ignoring the elephant in the room. A quick glance at the names of those affected tells me precisely what's driving the 'staggering increase'.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It has been incorporated under English Criminal Law since 1975 per R v Blaue (1975) 61 Cr App R 271
Yes, and it still doesn't turn an inadvertent, usually harmless act into murder.

That case involves a rapist who stabbed a rape victim four times. I believe stabbing someone four times and raping them is generally viewed as a harmful act by most people. One might even view it as felonious.

ETA: also it's not even the holding of the case. The holding was that the refusal of a blood transfusion because the victim was a Jehovah's Witness didn't constitute an intervening cause and break the chain of causation.

You wouldn't find a judge to convict him (at least in freedomland).
He lives in Cuckland, though. It's possible they might find some autist willing to try to push involuntary manslaughter. Hey he was a Paki or some shit so maybe it was a hate crime.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't speak for the UK, but the US is a bit more complicated. Some states BLS trucks running EMTs may not carry Epi-Pens -- and even if they do, the EMT may not have the licensing authority to utilize it. In other cases, BLS crews can use the patients Epi-Pen, but not any other pen not prescribed to them. It's such a dumb system.

Anaphylactic shock and an asthma attack can present similarly, however, since their symptoms are similar. However if it was an ALS truck that responded, the paramedic on board would prescribe an Epi-Pen anyway just to be sure. Especially since the kid was in a lunchroom environment.

There's something more to this that we aren't getting. The kid may have had an allergic reaction to the cheese, but there had to have been something else that occurred that caused him to die so quickly. I fucking feel bad for the little guy.
From what I've read, the US approach to pre-hospital care tends to be "scoop and run" whereas in Europe (and here in Australia) it tends more towards "stay and play".

There were 4 ambulances there when the mother arrived. I'll bet at least one and probably two of them were critical care units - meaning they would have onboard advanced life support drugs and equipment. Epi is commonly used in cardiac arrest where there's no shockable rhythm - it would have been available.

I'd really like to read the autopsy report. Are coroner's reports available online in the UK, because I'm pretty sure it's going to fill in a lot of the information missing from that article.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, a Kraft single could probably kill anyone who consumes it.

No that child DESERVES a manslaughter charge.

I was kind of ambivalent about the article because a kid died and it's like, fuck dude, but that quote very quickly made up my mind.

"How could this happen at school?" Lady your kid is allergic to a very common thing. It could happen at school, it could happen at Chili's, it could happen at his buddy's birthday party. Dont blame some random kid and say he deserves to have his life destroyed and fucked up just because your kid had some genetic issue.

I get that the lady is in a weird space and it's not my kid so Im out of line, but I would think if one child died senselessly, it's not really justice to ruin another life for some sense of revenge. The kid didnt set out to kill the other one, it's nowhere near manslaughter.
She does come from a culture where they throw acid on women for trivial reasons so I suppose I can't expect too much

BlastDoors41

kiwifarms.net
This woman is Indian.

Karan Cheema is an Indian name. Specifically, Hindu one.

He wasn’t inbred just really goddamned unlucky.

I would think that with all the sperging being done about these parts about Muslims you all would be able to spot one with accuracy.

To my point:

This sounds like medical negligence.

Indian food is super dairy heavy. The allergy would have been known before hand.

Something about this whole thing seems very funky.

Also an Arab Muslim killed an Indian boy... how ironic... :(

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
So I'm not on the up and up on EpiPens but what was preventing this paper mache kid from carrying one on his own person or in his backpack? Why bother running to the office when you could have that shit ready to roll immediately?

I dunno man, it sucks this kid died but like how the fuck was he allergic to everything.
No joke, over protection. Doctors are rapidly realizing raising kids in hospital level sanitation and refusing to give them any potentially "dangerous" foods means more allergies, not less. Our immune systems have evolved over hundreds of thousands of years where things like anti-biotics, bleach, and germ theory were not a thing. The most unnatural situation a baby can be put in is one where it is perfectly clean at all times. Turns out you want to make sure your baby eats nuts as soon as possible and bath time should come maybe once a week for the first year. The immune system needs to learn and build up its antibodies at the same time our symbiotic bacteria get a chance to colonize and thrive. Its counter intuitive as all hell. I bet 40 year old mom wrapped her one chance at children in bubble wrap and was super careful to keep him super clean and away from any food that could be dangerous as he grew up.

End result? He is allergic to fucking everything and even his skin has no defense against outside stimuli.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Some schools institute rules that ban all peanut products and punish kids who bring a peanut butter sandwich for themselves to eat at lunch. It's ridiculous. I'm sorry nature cursed you but it's not everyone else's job to compensate you for it. If you can die from touching grass, then don't expect the rest of us to outlaw lawns and parks.
Does this happen in Freedomland? Because this is the least "free" thing you could imagine.

I'm noticing a pattern here.

That dramatic increase coincides with an explosion in a population notorious for, to put it delicately, consanguineous marriages (incest, bluntly).

Once again, (((experts))) are studiously ignoring the elephant in the room. A quick glance at the names of those affected tells me precisely what's driving the 'staggering increase'.
A lot of things have dramatically increased in Europe since 2012 and we don't know the reason either... that's another pattern: the mysterious case of inexplicable things that started to happen in UK in recent years.

This woman is Indian.

Karan Cheema is an Indian name. Specifically, Hindu one.

He wasn’t inbred just really goddamned unlucky.
India has also a considerable high rate of inbred. Not as high as the muslim work but it does exist, especially among Indian Muslims.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Does this happen in Freedomland? Because this is the least "free" thing you could imagine.
Yes. It's fucking insane. You have some nasty feeble little crotch goblin of degenerate ancestry who keels over wheezing if someone in the same city block thinks about a peanut and so nobody in the entire school is allowed to eat a normal staple food item. This even happens in the U.S.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This sounds like medical negligence.
How does it sound like medical negligence?

It sounds like mum employed extreme measures at home to avoid exposing precious to allergens and somewhat expected the school to do the same. It sounds like kid knew to let staff know if he was exposed to allergens but no-one - including kid - was aware of how severe the reaction to cheese would be.

Epipens have a limited shelf life but it was mum's responsibility, not the school's, to ensure that the Epipen provided to the school was always in date. People don't like replacing unused ones because they're very expensive.

Peanut allergies were unheard of when I was growing up and their rise is best explained by the hygiene hypothesis (including, but not limited to, changes to infant diets). It's also thought that lack of exposure to immune challenges in the first year of life plays some role in the increasing rate of childhood leukemia.

That doesn't mean there's only one cause of more food allergies and more severe food allergies. The possibility that genetics are playing a role in this increase needs exploration.

The article makes it sound like the police suspected the boy ingested the cheese (thus the reference to them being unable to take samples from his mouth due to it being full of medical equipment), either willingly or involuntarily.

Yes. It's fucking insane. You have some nasty feeble little crotch goblin of degenerate ancestry who keels over wheezing if someone in the same city block thinks about a peanut and so nobody in the entire school is allowed to eat a normal staple food item. This even happens in the U.S.
It's killed the tradition of birthday cakes at school here.

Last edited:

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
How does it sound like medical negligence?
The coroner thought so.

The coroner criticised the school healthcare provision for Karan adding: "The care plan had never been considered by the school and it contained insufficient detail and instruction.

"Though Karanbir's mother had clearly recorded that he needed two epipens, nobody at the school checked to see that there were two epipens in his medical box.

"There was a system for checking that pupil medication was in date, but it was not robust and it was not followed properly."

Karan was severely allergic to wheat, gluten, all dairy products, eggs and nuts and he was also asthmatic and suffered from atopic eczema.

On the day one of Karan's school mates gave another boy the piece of cheese and allegedly said "Karan's allergic to cheese," but he denied this.

The other boy then threw the cheese at Karan who went into anaphylactic shock in June 2017. It took just under ten minutes for Karan to go from being "absolutely fine" to unconscious.

Unknowingly, staff at the school administered an epipen that was an entire year out-of-date because of a spreadsheet error.

But they told the inquest at St Pancras Coroners' Court they would not have used another pupil's for fear of a "domino effect".
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9048357/coroner-slams-school-boy-dies-cheese-allergy/

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The headline doesn't really reflect what the coroner actually said. I'd love to read the full report. If she had thought that the medical care he was given was the main, or even a major, factor in his death she would have stated that.

I'm curious why mum didn't mention that he needed two Epipens when they rang her for permission to give him anti-histamines. It's difficult to imagine that she didn't mention he'd need epi if his reaction became severe. Likewise, why did the allergy action plan "never make it" to his school?

ZeCommissar

Cutest commissar this side of the segmentum
kiwifarms.net
Nigga how can someone be so weak that their body just shuts the fuck down after barely touching a food item?

"Karan suffered allergies to dairy, wheat, gluten, eggs and nuts and suffered from asthma and eczema. "

HOLY SHIT

How the fuck does this happen? How the fuck did he even get proper nutrition?

I do feel sorry for the mom but honestly if her son was THIS bad then I don't know if he was even going to make it for that long. What the fuck would have happened if he just accidentally ate a dairy product in a meal? The face he got to 13 is a achievement.

• Agree
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Pokemonquistador

kiwifarms.net
Maybe the kid died because he bore too much resemblance to the Game Dude:

I mean, that in itself would be enough to cause a severe allergic reaction in almost anybody...

That said, something seems off about the Mother. I know she's just suffered a loss, (and it would doubly suck if that's her only kid,) but I'm getting a bit of a "Jason Voorhee's Mom" vibe out of her. Her seething anger and desire to wreak vengeance at the cheese-tossing boy seems worrying to say the least. Maybe the kid would be better off in jail since it would afford him some protection against the mom possibly turning vigilante.

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how long the staff waited to administer the epi. I would bet all my money on them waiting until EMTs were on the way and the emergency operator advised them to do so. If you have a history of anaphylaxis and know what your allergens are, regardless of whether you know it will be severe or not, the second you come into contact with a known allergen you're supposed to pull the safety pin and jab that fucker into your leg because otherwise this is exactly what can happen. Epinephrine won't hurt you if you don't need it, so it's always best to start off with it in these cases since anti-histamines like benedryl can't open your airways and reverse the reaction. It isn't a surefire reversal, but even an expired epipen can buy more time until a critical care unit arrives if used early enough. It was just far too late by the time they arrived.

Manly-Chicken

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
I feel like almost everyone in the situation is liable EXCEPT the kid that threw the cheese:
-The mom for sending the kid to school if cheese can LITERALLY KILL HIM
-The staff for not using another epipen to save the dying child
-The paramedics for not being able to diagnose this kid who's having a severe allergic reaction and not doing enough to find out

Even if the kid that threw the cheese knew the kid had an allergy, usually people don't die if the thing they're allergic to makes contact with their skin.

BlastDoors41

kiwifarms.net

A lot of things have dramatically increased in Europe since 2012 and we don't know the reason either... that's another pattern: the mysterious case of inexplicable things that started to happen in UK in recent years.

India has also a considerable high rate of inbred. Not as high as the muslim work but it does exist, especially among Indian Muslims.

Which is why I pointed out she was a Hindu.

Hindus kill each other for marrying within the same clan even if you’re not related.

The only subset of “Hindus” who have inbreeding issues are the Southies with their bizarre uncle niece shit.
Which the northerners have been trying to make illegal for years now.

The nation struggles with a “high amount of inbreeding” due to these two exceptional groups with their ridiculous traditions.
That they cling to because of “muh culture”

On topic:

If the mothers seems unhinged mind you she just lost a child and is lashing out.

And the coroners report confirms my suspicions.

The cowards and nincompoops at the school didn’t do their goddamn jobs.

Last edited:

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
I'll have to reserve judgment until I actually read an autopsy report and get some more details from the cops and other students but right now it sounds like another case of a kid getting fucked over because it took so long to get his emergency medication, then everybody got scared to use the other available Epi-Pens because of muh liability and so they instead stood around with their thumbs up their asses. I mean I get it, there are things that even health professionals aren't technically allowed to do, but if someone's dying in front of you and you know exactly why, the correct action is to TRY AND SAVE THEIR FUCKING LIFE then deal with the bullshit red tape and wrist slaps later.

Honestly if a kid's that fucking fragile it's bullshit to expect the entire school to adapt to their needs in the first place. We've been stretching the idea of "reasonable accommodations" past the breaking point for the last couple of decades now, this shit needs to stop.

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel like almost everyone in the situation is liable EXCEPT the kid that threw the cheese:
-The mom for sending the kid to school if cheese can LITERALLY KILL HIM
-The staff for not using another epipen to save the dying child
-The paramedics for not being able to diagnose this kid who's having a severe allergic reaction and not doing enough to find out

Even if the kid that threw the cheese knew the kid had an allergy, usually people don't die if the thing they're allergic to makes contact with their skin.
in the UK you can't homeschool, its illegal. most people cannot reasonably afford private school.

the school had the kid write some kind of report about the bullying incident before having him see the school nurse for his allergy medication. they had him see the nurse only when the reaction became severe. They could have prevented all this by prioritizing his health first.

the paramedics weren't told the boy had severe allergies (the school fucked this up when they called for an ambulance)

the epipen thing was a mistake on the school's part. Obviously they should have used an unexpired pen from another kit since there were so many others available. The one kid was dying and they didn't use live saving medication in case all the other severely allergic kids started dying at once, which was a horrible decision.

They should not have used expired medication in the first place (some medicines become less potent after expiring, some become more potent, some toxic, it is impossible to tell once you put the drugs into a patient so you can't give subsequent doses with confidence). I also wonder why there is not a regular audit of medications in the nurses office (or a calendar for recording expiration dates) so they can be disposed of/replaced. This is absolutely standard procedure for every health profession. It is a stretch to make the mom responsible for checking the date written on the pen that had been left at the school's office a long time ago.

the death looks more and more like the school's fault.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
in the UK you can't homeschool, its illegal. most people cannot reasonably afford private school.

the school had the kid write some kind of report about the bullying incident before having him see the school nurse for his allergy medication. they had him see the nurse only when the reaction became severe. They could have prevented all this by prioritizing his health first.

the paramedics weren't told the boy had severe allergies (the school fucked this up when they called for an ambulance)

the epipen thing was a mistake on the school's part. Obviously they should have used an unexpired pen from another kit since there were so many others available. The one kid was dying and they didn't use live saving medication in case all the other severely allergic kids started dying at once, which was a horrible decision.

They should not have used expired medication in the first place (some medicines become less potent after expiring, some become more potent, some toxic, it is impossible to tell once you put the drugs into a patient so you can't give subsequent doses with confidence). I also wonder why there is not a regular audit of medications in the nurses office (or a calendar for recording expiration dates) so they can be disposed of/replaced. This is absolutely standard procedure for every health profession. It is a stretch to make the mom responsible for checking the date written on the pen that had been left at the school's office a long time ago.

the death looks more and more like the school's fault.
Does the UK not have (or enforce) laws protecting people trying to save someone's life? Like protection if you injure someone trying to perform CPR or dragging them out of a burning car or something? Here it's technically illegal to administer someone else's medication for them via injection unless you're a member of certain registered health professions (there's a few loopholes but in CPR classes they will unofficially teach you to cover your ass by shoving the Epi-Pen into someone's hand and "help them guide it" to their thigh for administration) and as far as I know it's always illegal to administer medication that has been prescribed to someone else. The reasoning behind that is there's always the possibility that a layperson could (for example) mistakenly administer an Epi-Pen to someone they thought was having anaphylaxis but was actually overdosing on heroin and end up killing them.

In an emergency situation such as this one if someone just said "fuck it" and administered someone else's Epi-Pen to a kid they might end up in a minor amount of shit at worst and if they're a registered health professional they'd be investigated and given an official reprimand by their regulatory college, but if they actually saved the kid's life (or at least tried) there is no way any judge would give them a substantial punishment. Not allowing kids to have their own life-saving medications kept on them is one of the dumbest school regulations out there to begin with.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino