Bread Bakin' Bitches - Bitches bakin' bread and other yeasty shit

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fucking love baking bread. I bake mine in a bread machine like a cheating bastard (also I because I don't own a stand mixer or a dough hook for it)

I typically bake white bread or white bread with some cheddar cheese in it but I also make pizza doughs to make calzones to make ahead and freeze so I can just throw one in the oven when I am hungry.

Generally the bread has a nicer crust when I just use the machine to make dough and then I bake the bread in the oven as God intended, but if I'm in a hurry I will bake it in the machine

Lilac1

kiwifarms.net
All ears for a great bread maker. My old one invariably burnt the crust and left delicious raw dough in the center.,

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know you can knead the dough by hand...
I've done that before, it works fine but I prefer the bread machine because the chances of fucking up the kneading are pretty slim
All ears for a great bread maker. My old one invariably burnt the crust and left delicious raw dough in the center.,
I use an old black and decker one from the 90's, it still works extremely well despite it's age
Alton Brown's soft pretzel recipe is so legit. It's been my go-to base for nearly every bread I've made and it's really forgiving. Pretzel rolls, pizza dough, cinnamon rolls, pepperoni rolls, etc.
I'll have to try it out, I fucking love pretzels and cinnamon rolls. I make them for my co workers

• Informative
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

DuckSucker

kiwifarms.net
Check out the no-knead bread recipes if you have a dish to cook it in. I have a mixer and know how to knead by hand but the stretch-and-fold method has become popular in the past 10 years or so, and it's pretty simple. Youll need a dutch oven or something deep to let it rise in though, and you should be using bread flour because with that type of method, I dont think minimal kneading will give you enough structure with AP flour which is lower in protein and made to be used mostly for (no shit) any sort of middle ground type of recipe, mostly quick breads and cookies and shit.

I just happen to really love a good strong loaf of bread over softer types which get stuck in my teeth, so sourdough and rustic type loaves are my fav.

But all fresh bread is good bread.

HamFan

Hi, guize! OK, so
kiwifarms.net
I don't do bread machines. Any other hand-crafted bread bitches hand knead in the bowl?
Rather than turn the dough onto the counter (what a mess), I use one hand to hold the bowl and one hand to knead it in the bowl. I've made hundreds of loaves and rolls this way with many compliments.

• Informative
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme
Tags
None