BreadTube - The Unofficial ContraPoints Dickriders Club and the culture / drama surrounding the community.

Surfin Terf

him/he/heself
kiwifarms.net
Yeah and Russia are aware of this. For example it's why RT and Sputnik push anti-war shit in English while intervening in the Caucasus and Middle East themselves.
I seem to recall RT being a darling of the Internet left like 10 years ago. I think between 2006-2012 or so you'd see rt.com links all over left-leaning communities

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
I seem to recall RT being a darling of the Internet left like 10 years ago. I think between 2006-2012 or so you'd see rt.com links all over left-leaning communities
Being anti-West is popular when "The West" can be construed as Republicans or Traditionalists, but when it's globohomo they have to hate it now. We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Hmofa(g)

"I have the Master Plan and my furry wife left me"
kiwifarms.net
Being anti-West is popular when "The West" can be construed as Republicans or Traditionalists, but when it's globohomo they have to hate it now. We've always been at war with Eastasia.
The East–West Schism is eternal.
Map-Schism.jpg
nato and warsaw.png
NATO_vs_CSTO.jpg

Nykysnottrans

鬼女
kiwifarms.net
1,000,000 dead BreadTube channels can't be wrong:

I feel like to turnover rate for streamers and YouTuber's is really high but not talked about. Like so many smaller creators just get some massive harrassment campaign against them and you never hear from them again.. And fair enough but I do miss their channels

It's also just a slog. It can be very demoralising to be a small creator if you don't have some kind of support base. Then if trolls do find you, after you've worked your ass off for nothing, I'd be likely to give it up too. Breaking into the creator clique can seem impossible.

Yeah, I tried to be a left-wing Youtuber for about a year or two and only wound up getting about 160 subscribers and got absolutely no support from the community so I gave up. :P

This got kid got 13k views talking to me and our channel ended up w/ 0.0 subs from it. You guys just dont Support good shit.

Gang politics is alive and well in the online left. They want to create FOLLOWERS, not COMRADES. The worst try to build themselves as heros by villifying others. Someone weakens your gang leadership? Instead of building a position, dig up old tweets, spread lies, dehumanize.

Seeing so many young people fall into this trap is disheartening. We should be creating an egalitarian movement, not an assorent of fan clubs and wannabe gangsters who will act as cyber-jackboots to slander and harass perceived "competitors" to personal power and fame.

(Especially when the stakes of power and fame are so low. You're gonna try to ruin someone's life for like, what, a couple hundred thousand subscribers at best? If you're gonna grift at least go to the right where the real money is)

The online left's obliviousness to their clout chasing and willingness to punch at those who should be addressed as comrades is truly disgusting because it's an obvious byproduct of Americanism and racism.

And meanwhile, while they are doing this, no one is getting any help. We should have risen up a long time ago! But we have to deal with do nothing idiots who want to be bullies & show off!

I haven’t made anything in months since meeting my current partner and I couldn’t be happier. Hell just thinking about streaming exhausts me

So many wouldbe BreadTubers tried to start a Youtube channel only to discover that BreadTube is just about the cult of personality of ContraPoints, Vaush, PhilosophyTube, Hbomber and Xanderpig.

Neigh

I may be a pinkie but at least im not a RACIST
kiwifarms.net

So many wouldbe BreadTubers tried to start a Youtube channel only to discover that BreadTube is just about the cult of personality of ContraPoints, Vaush, PhilosophyTube, Hbomber and Xanderpig.
It's about privileged people grifting or making a living with their "art" instead of working a minimum wage job. Most people have neither the money nor time to make a successful channel. This isn't 2007 anymore.

Itterasshai

— mutton —
kiwifarms.net
He's Lebanese, so he's unironically less arab than most others in the middle east. Phoenicians aren't as durka durka than most other ethnic groups in the region. Theres a reason why some Lebanese are still Christians and aren't being killed off.

Maronites did nothing wrong.
He might be Lebanese in heritage, but did he grow up in Lebanon? I am not an expert on Haz lore, so I genuinely do not know.

What's funny is that Jon Stewart specifically called himself a comedian and said his show was completely satirical so he wouldn't have to answer to journalistic standards. He argued to Tucker that if his audience believed he was presenting them anything true they were morons.
If Jon Stewart honestly believed the audience did not take punditry and comedy as seriously as straight reporting, he was a moron.

Demon Mama made a channel trailer.
Half of this so-called trailer is about Destiny. I wonder if DM labours under a delusion of having bested him.

>Dabbing in 2021

Piggy's thumbnails are some of the worst out there. One of the many reasons why he'll never hit 100k subs.
What a horrible thumbnail. In it, Xanderhal looks like an alcoholic with years of experience chugging cologne.

Yeah and Russia are aware of this. For example it's why RT and Sputnik push anti-war shit in English while intervening in the Caucasus and Middle East themselves.
Indeed. I think Russians are quite successful and masterful at propagating to foreigners. Some of the Russian propaganda is built on a real foundation, which certainly helps, but plenty of it also grotesquely distorts the truth. What also helps is that many foreigners are eager for there to be a worthy — and better — antagonist to the West and will eat up anything that feeds into their desires. Credit where credit is due, nonetheless.

These people sound like they think they are owed attention. A person starting a YouTube channel should expect zero views and no money, and if they are not willing to expend their time and effort with no payback, they should do something else.

Nykysnottrans

鬼女
kiwifarms.net
These people sound like they think they are owed attention. A person starting a YouTube channel should expect zero views and no money, and if they are not willing to expend their time and effort with no payback, they should do something else.

It's not just that they think they are owed attention, it's that the BreadTube subculture prides itself on being supposedly more communual or social, supposedly more welcoming of "stifled/silenced voices", which suggests to Youtube newbies that if you start a video channel in this subculture, its members might be more willing to back their own, supposedly more than other subcultures that are more competitive. Turns out that's not really the case, and BreadTube is just as hierarchical and subject to "creaming" as any other subculture. Being part of BreadTube is just about part of a cult of personality and worshipping the big BreadTubers with everyone else who wants to contribute to the discourse falling by the wayside. Former BreadTubers like Peter Coffin and AngieSpeaks eventually realized that they definitely were not going to grow their own channels being part of this cult, so they dissociated themselves from it.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
If Jon Stewart honestly believed the audience did not take punditry and comedy as seriously as straight reporting, he was a moron.
He was lying, as are the majority of leftist cynics who want to sway the masses including Breadtube. I feel like that should have been obvious to anyone watching his Crossfire segment. His argument was never in good faith, and that's the big connecting thread between traditional leftist media and leftist New Media. They do whatever it takes to make themselves fit the shape that gives them the greatest advantage, no matter how disingenuous they have to be in order to do it.

Itterasshai

— mutton —
kiwifarms.net
It's not just that they think they are owed attention, it's that the BreadTube subculture prides itself on being supposedly more communual or social, supposedly more welcoming of "stifled/silenced voices", which suggests to Youtube newbies that if you start a video channel in this subculture, its members might be more willing to back their own, supposedly more than other subcultures that are more competitive.
I wonder how somebody who is a fan of BreadTube could end up with this belief. The only BreadTuber I can name off the top of my head who regularly does shout-outs is Thought Slime. Peter Coffin did some as well, I believe, but not in the videos themselves.

His argument was never in good faith, and that's the big connecting thread between traditional leftist media and leftist New Media. They do whatever it takes to make themselves fit the shape that gives them the greatest advantage, no matter how disingenuous they have to be in order to do it.
I agree, but I believe this is how any popular propagandist operates, no matter their political leanings. They rely on their audience being dumb while pretending it is smart. Part of the job, and to do otherwise is to be bad at it.

Xanderhal criticised Dave Chappelle’s new special and, funnily enough, said something that both relates to the topic and I agree with him on:

If Xanderhal is reporting Chappelle’s statement accurately, Chappelle is either being disingenuous or delusional.

The video:

Last edited:

Neigh

I may be a pinkie but at least im not a RACIST
kiwifarms.net
supposedly more welcoming of "stifled/silenced voices",
There are videos by nonwhite breadtubers complaining about their lack of subscriber growth and the neglect by big name breadtubers. A couple actually did shoutouts(copying pewdiepie) but the subscriber growth didn't seem to change.

BootlegPopeye

kiwifarms.net
He was lying, as are the majority of leftist cynics who want to sway the masses including Breadtube. I feel like that should have been obvious to anyone watching his Crossfire segment. His argument was never in good faith, and that's the big connecting thread between traditional leftist media and leftist New Media. They do whatever it takes to make themselves fit the shape that gives them the greatest advantage, no matter how disingenuous they have to be in order to do it.

I never knew why that segment was even popular in the first place; Tucker, even at that point, wasn't partisan. He was arguing, like you said, in bad faith against a strawman.

"Hey we're just a comedy show guiz" was later shown to be bullshit as Obama was calling Stewart and Colbert to the White House for the purpose of having them spread propaganda.