Breitbart goes to war with Kellogg's over move to pull ads -

muina

kiwifarms.net
Breitbart News is going to war with Kellogg's after the cereal maker decided to pull its advertisements from the far-right news site in protest of its political views.
Describing Kellogg's decision as an insult to what it claims are 45 million monthly readers, Breitbart launched a petition Wednesday afternoon aimed at encouraging readers to stop buying all Kellogg products, including Frosted Flakes, Pringles and Eggo waffles.

"For Kellogg's, an American brand, to blacklist Breitbart News in order to placate left-wing totalitarians is a disgraceful act of cowardice," Alex Marlow, the site's editor-in-chief, wrote. "Boycotting Breitbart News for presenting mainstream American ideas is an act of discrimination and intense prejudice. If you serve Kellogg's products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table."

Earlier Wednesday, Breitbart -- which has historically not hesitated to publish news stories targeting its enemies -- ran an article headlined, "Shock: Amnesty International Blasts Kellogg's For Using Child Labor-Produced Ingredients." The article was written by Joel Pollak, a senior editor-at-large with Breitbart.

Kellogg's announced its decision to pull advertising from the site on Tuesday, amid growing scrutiny over Breitbart's controversial populist, anti-immigrant worldview. Steve Bannon, formerly Breitbart's executive chairman, left the site to become the CEO of Donald Trump's presidential campaign, and will be his chief White House Strategist.

Bannon had previously described Breitbart as "the platform for the 'alt-right,'" a movement that includes some extremists, including white supremacists and neo-Nazis.

"We regularly work with our media-buying partners to ensure our ads do not appear on sites that aren't aligned with our values as a company," Kellogg's said in a statement. "We recently reviewed the list of sites where our ads can be placed and decided to discontinue advertising on Breitbart.com. We are working to remove our ads from that site."

Breitbart claims Kellogg's decision "will make virtually no revenue impact on Breitbart.com."

Flight by more advertisers could lead to trouble for the site, though. And some others, like Allstate, Nest and Earthlink, had stopped running ads on Breitbart even before Kellogg's announcement.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/30/media/breitbart-kellogg-war/

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eating cereal for breakfast
The year of our lord 2016(7)

The Kellogg family has been kooks for day one, you shouldn't have been supporting them from the start : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

I wasn't buying their products before and wasn't going to change. I like jerking off, and they tried to take that away from me before I was born.

Internet War Criminal

Making America Great Again, One Lift at the Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So they took the money from their visitors (hundreds of millions of page views a month) then when SJWs complain they go "Breit-who? Why I never!" and act like its a conscience thing instead of being scared of mean tweets?

Then it backfired and #BoycottKellogs trends number one while the demographic sick of being called racist sexist homophobic nazis over existing tells them to fuck off?

:story:

Unseemly and Feral

My dreads are actually a hat
kiwifarms.net
Lol, they're so mad about they put it over on top of all the actual news.

Still, as a loyal partisan, that gives me three reasons to swear off Kelloggs now.

Lorento

Nick Clegg's biggest fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"For Kellogg's, an American brand, to blacklist Breitbart News in order to placate left-wing totalitarians is a disgraceful act of cowardice," Alex Marlow, the site's editor-in-chief, wrote. "Boycotting Breitbart News for presenting mainstream American ideas is an act of discrimination and intense prejudice. If you serve Kellogg's products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table."
I could have sworn that boycotting things for 'bigotry' was only something the EVIL SJWs did.

Ass Manager 3000

I logged in to call you stupid.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So they took the money from their visitors (hundreds of millions of page views a month) then when SJWs complain they go "Breit-who? Why I never!" and act like its a conscience thing instead of being scared of mean tweets?

Then it backfired and #BoycottKellogs trends number one while the demographic sick of being called racist sexist homophobic nazis over existing tells them to fuck off?

Nobody reads breitbart tho lol

piripiri

i am the pig who wrestles
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

kelloggs use child labour but that only became an issue after they stopped advertising on breitbart.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino