Brenton Tarrant posts on 8chan, shoots up Mosque killing 49 muslims in New Zealand, livestreams from GoPro -

Take away the Guns, Censor the Video, Throw people in Jail for Having the Video, or do it all?

• Just take the guns, it'll work out fine.

Votes: 53 6.3%
  • Doesn't matter, it's Trump's Fault.

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Just ban the video, it's totally doable.

Votes: 28 3.3%
  • DO EVERYTHING!

Votes: 170 20.3%
  • Make Null turn us over, that'll make us safe.

Votes: 378 45.2%

• Total voters
I don't care much for what he wanted and I agree with @FierceBrosnan that he is an evil homicidal maniac and asshole. I do believe that there is something interesting about what led to the violence and the context surrounding it. I still think there's potentially some value in learning more about brenton and evil shits like him, whether that's learning better ways to protect yourself in a similar situation, finding new ways to identify and stop terrorists before their attacks place, or even finding ways to stop people from thinking that violence against innocents is ever the right answer.
Oh sure, it's certainly a meaningful event that deserves some somber study, I'm just saying a lot of people are taking the words of a shitstirrer awfully seriously, considering in his own words he admits to trying to stir shit up.

He did as much damage as possible physically with his gun, and did as much damage as possible socially by throwing out every politicized buzzword he could think of. I just feel like we can study what happened without giving any credence to this dude.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
Oh sure, it's certainly a meaningful event that deserves some somber study, I'm just saying a lot of people are taking the words of a shitstirrer awfully seriously, considering in his own words he admits to trying to stir shit up.

He did as much damage as possible physically with his gun, and did as much damage as possible socially by throwing out every politicized buzzword he could think of. I just feel like we can study what happened without giving any credence to this dude.
I understand what you're saying but I'm not going to expect a virtue signal of "Fuck this evil motherfucker" every time someone is discussing him, his crimes, and the butterfly effect that comes out of it. No one is expected to say "I think 9/11 was bad" before discussing the impact it had on the media and the Iraq invasion, yet even on KF people are being called out for digging into it without signaling the magic virtue. I don't care if the whole world is watching this thread; I know how I feel and that is separate from what I think could be valuable discussions.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Actions speak louder than words and he shot up the sheepfuckers, not the burgers.
In Burgerland he had a greater chance of getting shot back.

His manifesto was mostly sarcastic, though. Be careful about reading too much into it.
If you actually read it it's not that difficult to tell which parts are serious and which are memes if you're not a boomer journalist.

I understand what you're saying but I'm not going to expect a virtue signal of "Fuck this evil motherfucker" every time someone is discussing him, his crimes, and the butterfly effect that comes out of it. No one is expected to say "I think 9/11 was bad" before discussing the impact it had on the media and the Iraq invasion, yet even on KF people are being called out for digging into it without signaling the magic virtue. I don't care if the whole world is watching this thread; I know how I feel and that is separate from what I think could be valuable discussions.
Heh, yeah that gets old fast. But there are people (hopefully just trolls) who seem to be not only not saying "Fuck him" but who are saying "He's right" or "It was self defense". It's good to be able to separate out the interesting analysis from the 2edgy bullshit.

Sorry if you felt called out, that wasn't my intent.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I understand what you're saying but I'm not going to expect a virtue signal of "Fuck this evil motherfucker" every time someone is discussing him, his crimes, and the butterfly effect that comes out of it.
I wouldn't read too much into the manifesto itself, or at least take it at face value. It's all over the map and mainly just throws in whatever will attract attention, enrage people, or to some extent appeal to copycats.

This is a real "medium is the message" example, and the real message is in the video itself. The authorities have grasped this to the point of trying to stamp out its existence, which is not only doomed to fail but directly plays into the intended effect.

What does the video look like? What's it's format? It's a video shot in first person helmetcam using a GoPro, a common consumer item many of the people watching it possess themselves. What is the content? A bunch of people getting shot in a manner extremely reminiscent of the gameplay in an FPS.

What is the message? It's pretty simple.

You can do this, too.

That's what's both fascinating and terrible about it.

дядя Боря

kiwifarms.net
What is the message? It's pretty simple.

You can do this, too.

That's what's both fascinating and terrible about it.
I am having hard time to believe that dude prepped for two years, wrote 250pages manifesto, deleted it to replace with a 70 page manifesto and his message wasn't in the manifesto at all. He obviously had a lot of shit to talk about, I doubt that it boils down to something that simple.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I am having hard time to believe that dude prepped for two years, wrote 250pages manifesto, deleted it to replace with a 70 page manifesto and his message wasn't in the manifesto at all. He obviously had a lot of shit to talk about, I doubt that it boils down to something that simple.
Okay, so which one is the real one? The ecofascist one? The shitposting one? You could take anything you wanted out of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

AStupidMonkey

srsly, wtf is dis shit?
kiwifarms.net
And good, in a way. Imagine if people with good causes started doing this to people who actually deserved it, instead of spergs with dumb causes doing it to people that don't.
Like when 4chan doxed an ISIS training camp? I think we all want more of that. Plus it has the added benefit of making the government look incompetent.

nonvir_1984

kiwifarms.net
I found the following on the web - saved it but forgot to keep the URL.
Quote:
Tarrant says in the manifesto: "there was a much larger work written, roughly 240 pagies long that spoke on many issues and went into much depth, but in a
moment of unbridled self criticism, I deleted the entire work and started again, two weeks before the attack itself. I was left with a short period of time to create a new work and only leave my views half finished. I will let my actions speak for themselves."
I added the emphasis.
I just checked the metadata of the docx version - and it says he only started in late January:

Let's assume the docx file is the one that originally had the 240 page manifesto in it - hence the creation date. [I actually don't think that is right - I think he opened a new document.]
Writing 250 pages from 21.01 to 01.03 - 40 days, then cutting it back to 74....that does not seem that easy to do. I'm lucky if I can manage 5 pages a day - that's about 1500 words at 300 per page - of finished text.
Hemingway wrote between 500 and 1000 words a day and Stephen King has claimed to write 2000 words a day. Many lesser known or unpublished writers who blog claim word counts anywhere in the range of 500 to 3000 words a day with 1000 being the average. http://jenniferellis.ca/minimum-daily-word-counts.
Tarrant manages about 310 words a page in the manifesto so: 240 pages in the original X 310 per page = 74400 words in 40 days, to give 1860 per day - that is six or seven pages a day. That is typing every day for 40 days.
The manifesto Tarrant emailed out has 16561 words; and he said he wrote it in 14 days; that gives 1182 a day. Again, every day.
Tarrant is not like Hemingway - an experienced writer.
End Quote
If this analysis is correct, then Tarrant seems to be be a literary genius. Or he is lying. Or the 240 pager was a cut and paste job. All in all, I think the manifesto is utter crap.

Cheetahman

When you kill your enemies but they don't win
kiwifarms.net
I have an ipad connected to Adobe Reader using Dropbox.
I don't know when it happened, but recently I am no longer able to open the pdf on the ipad, although the file is visible, and I can read it on my computer through Adobe and on Dropbox.
From this single observation, it would seem like Apple is cucking out.

I am still able to read both the Unabomber and Elliot Rodger manifestos on that same ipad.

дядя Боря

kiwifarms.net
I found the following on the web - saved it but forgot to keep the URL.
Quote:
Tarrant says in the manifesto: "there was a much larger work written, roughly 240 pagies long that spoke on many issues and went into much depth, but in a
moment of unbridled self criticism, I deleted the entire work and started again, two weeks before the attack itself. I was left with a short period of time to create a new work and only leave my views half finished. I will let my actions speak for themselves."
I added the emphasis.
I just checked the metadata of the docx version - and it says he only started in late January:
View attachment 723239

Let's assume the docx file is the one that originally had the 240 page manifesto in it - hence the creation date. [I actually don't think that is right - I think he opened a new document.]
Writing 250 pages from 21.01 to 01.03 - 40 days, then cutting it back to 74....that does not seem that easy to do. I'm lucky if I can manage 5 pages a day - that's about 1500 words at 300 per page - of finished text.
Hemingway wrote between 500 and 1000 words a day and Stephen King has claimed to write 2000 words a day. Many lesser known or unpublished writers who blog claim word counts anywhere in the range of 500 to 3000 words a day with 1000 being the average. http://jenniferellis.ca/minimum-daily-word-counts.
Tarrant manages about 310 words a page in the manifesto so: 240 pages in the original X 310 per page = 74400 words in 40 days, to give 1860 per day - that is six or seven pages a day. That is typing every day for 40 days.
The manifesto Tarrant emailed out has 16561 words; and he said he wrote it in 14 days; that gives 1182 a day. Again, every day.
Tarrant is not like Hemingway - an experienced writer.
End Quote
If this analysis is correct, then Tarrant seems to be be a literary genius. Or he is lying. Or the 240 pager was a cut and paste job. All in all, I think the manifesto is utter crap.
Tolstoi rewrote War and Peace at least three times, may be more. Also keep in mind that Hemingway, like many good writers was a trying to make sense, i.e. creating a literary masterpiece. A few drinks and sperg spree can produce way more material. I'll give the dude props about self-critique to trim it down, because there is no way anyone has attention span that long. He is beyond a question an autistic individual with a whole lot of shit going on in his brain, may be full on bipolar, who the fuck knows.

People trying to make sense of his manifesto piece meal is probably a bad approach. It should be taken in wholesale after a good measure of drinks, then you kind of get the outline together and don't dwell on individual words too much. If libtard is calling me a Nazi, I loosely translate that into "I'm butthurt but have no retort to your arguments" rather than "the builder of 4th Reich in Germany"

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Who hasn't shit out a 5,000 word term paper in the wee hours of the morning during college? Heck, one time I pecked out a 2,500 word treatise sitting in an airport parking garage overnight after my flight was cancelled. It ain't hard to write when you're motivated and don't care about the quality.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
Half of the trooncows produce more content on twitter, word count alone isn't that important. Jake Alley could probably write a 250 page manifesto in a few days, won't make any sense and no would read it unless he also went on a murder spree. I don't think there's much a-do about the manifesto production.

His manifesto was mostly sarcastic, though. Be careful about reading too much into it.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the manifesto. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of /pol/ shitposting most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Brentons nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his actions- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino