Brenton Tarrant posts on 8chan, shoots up Mosque killing 49 muslims in New Zealand, livestreams from GoPro -

Take away the Guns, Censor the Video, Throw people in Jail for Having the Video, or do it all?

• Just take the guns, it'll work out fine.

Votes: 55 5.7%
  • Doesn't matter, it's Trump's Fault.

Votes: 236 24.5%
  • Just ban the video, it's totally doable.

Votes: 34 3.5%
  • DO EVERYTHING!

Votes: 186 19.3%
  • Make Null turn us over, that'll make us safe.

Votes: 453 47.0%

• Total voters

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I just can't accept that one man who looks like he just discovered fire killed 50 people, while two dumb asses (one in Sydney and one in Norway) only kill/injure one person each?
Breivik didn't come across as terribly bright, although he was rather normal looking or even handsome. Tarrant seems a little smarter. It doesn't take a genius to shoot a bunch of people. It's just that most of the people who decide to do such a thing are, luckily, incredibly defective and fuck it up somehow.

Anyone reasonably competent can probably get kill counts this high. It's just that the vast majority of people who decide to pull shit like this aren't reasonably competent.

Notably, the two high kill count guys mentioned, Breivik and Tarrant, didn't end up dead because apparently they wanted to stick around to see the impact of their actions. Paddock, while more successful, probably did actually intend to die in whatever he was doing. He never explained why he did what he did, so one has to assume he just wanted to kill a bunch of people and had no actual message. I doubt he was just particularly hostile to country music.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just can't accept that one man who looks like he just discovered fire killed 50 people, while two dumb asses (one in Sydney and one in Norway) only kill/injure one person each?
Tarrant was methodical in a way that Mert Ney wasn't. Ney was literally too crazy to have a high body count, even if that had been his intention (which it probably wasn't - he didn't try to attack any of the men who confronted him).

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Cloacan
There are two possibilities here: A drongo of average intelligence with some knowledge of history and philosophy out smarted the NZ police (which wouldn't be too hard I suppose) or there is more to it than meets the eye.

What about the kebabs in France who drove a truck through a crowd of people and killed like 50 and injured at least 4 times that amount? Do you think that was also a conspiracy?

Do you think it takes some massive amount of intelligence or skill to walk into a building with one exit and shoot everyone?

nonvir_1984

Well, that's all, folks
kiwifarms.net
ZuZeelun will now close down its postal system now - if its response to the streaming and circulation of the manifesto and video is anything to go by. And possession of this letter in NuZeelun will no doubt be a crime too But this story from news.com.au reports that NZ corrections said in a statement, that it acknowledged that “this letter should have been withheld”.
They also pointed out that ordinarily prisoners could send and receive letters, but a Prison Director can only withhold a prisoner’s mail in a very limited range of circumstances."
They then added that: "Some letters have been withheld", which would suggest that this one slipped through to him and slipped out.
Tarrant is a fuckwit killer, but even Charlie Manson was permitted letters and phone calls.

Bum Driller

Cultural Appropriator & Cowboy Chemist
kiwifarms.net
Breivik didn't come across as terribly bright, although he was rather normal looking or even handsome. Tarrant seems a little smarter. It doesn't take a genius to shoot a bunch of people. It's just that most of the people who decide to do such a thing are, luckily, incredibly defective and fuck it up somehow.

Anyone reasonably competent can probably get kill counts this high. It's just that the vast majority of people who decide to pull shit like this aren't reasonably competent.
I would say that it's not so much about incompetence but certain deeply ingrained psychological mechanisms which inhibit us from using lethal, or even potentially lethal violence towards others, and adrenaline rush. Anyone who has ever been in a real fist-fight knows that when it's your first time, it's real hard to punch someone with full force - your body just doesn't follow orders with precision as both adrenaline rush and moral inhibitions play boogaloo in your head. I can only imagine that when you're about to shoot someone for the first time, even someone whom you honestly think you hate, such feelings must be thousand times more intense, and that's why both the norwegian gunman and several muslim terrorists have failed so spectacularly.

Against this I would suspect that both Breivik and Tarrant were either much more accustomed to using violence against living humans, or are bona fide psychopaths. Perhaps both.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
If they didn't get rid of Gas Gas Gas they probably won't get rid of these.
Yeah, imagine if they removed all of The British Grenadiers videos on youtube just because some faggot used it in a shooting? It would set a dangerous precedent that anytime a terrorist uses certain media that media should be memory-holed forever. Imagine your favorite song getting deleted off youtube because someone sung it while killing someone. It just wouldn't be fair. Besides if music like SS songs and Wehrmacht songs like Erika still exist on Youtube then I doubt any music used in the shooting/liked by the shooter will be affected.
Yeah, okay. Still better to archive them. Even if YouTube probably wouldn't nuke them, the uploaders might if they don't want 8chan in their comments.

edit: also, it depends on the song. Wasn't the original Remove Kebab song nuked, either by YouTube or the uploader?

Last edited:
I would say that it's not so much about incompetence but certain deeply ingrained psychological mechanisms which inhibit us from using lethal, or even potentially lethal violence towards others, and adrenaline rush. Anyone who has ever been in a real fist-fight knows that when it's your first time, it's real hard to punch someone with full force - your body just doesn't follow orders with precision as both adrenaline rush and moral inhibitions play boogaloo in your head. I can only imagine that when you're about to shoot someone for the first time, even someone whom you honestly think you hate, such feelings must be thousand times more intense, and that's why both the norwegian gunman and several muslim terrorists have failed so spectacularly.

Against this I would suspect that both Breivik and Tarrant were either much more accustomed to using violence against living humans, or are bona fide psychopaths. Perhaps both.
This is true, and probably a good point. It's one thing to psych yourself up while angry and crazy, but even the angriest and craziest still have empathy. Most people just deeply don't want to harm other people. Probably after shooting one person the full horror settles on them.

Then you get your full on fucking murder everyone crazies. Several somethings have to be broken in these people...

Guts

The Blacked Swordsman
kiwifarms.net
His overuse of "ha ha" reminds me of that /v/ post about what Yoshi's eggs smell like.

I don't recall anybody banning posting The Beatles' "Helter Skelter" on the internet. Nor should they ever.

Just because some murderous dipshit likes a thing, doesn't mean that thing should be forever tainted and banned, lest some other murderous asshole uses the same thing in their killing spree.
He was probably trying not to write out “lol”

Twinkie

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is true, and probably a good point. It's one thing to psych yourself up while angry and crazy, but even the angriest and craziest still have empathy. Most people just deeply don't want to harm other people. Probably after shooting one person the full horror settles on them.

Then you get your full on fucking murder everyone crazies. Several somethings have to be broken in these people...
When we're talking psychopaths I think "missing" is more accurate to say than broken because "broken" implies something that was once existing/functioning (and could possibly be fixed).

Reactions: Zeebie

KikeKiller1488

HuWHITE Christian Supremacist
kiwifarms.net
Aussie mass shooter shitposting from prison.
What a time to be alive.

BRENTON’S LAWYER’S DETAILS:
Enquiries: info@shanetait.co.nz

Telephone: +64 9 308 9446
Telephone: +64 9 263 0453
Facsimile: +64 9 263 0458
Mobile: 021 628 001

Postal:

PO Box 76 538
MANUKAU 2241

12/9 Freeman Way
MANUKAU 2241

Last edited:

Cynically Insane

They must have taken my marbles away
kiwifarms.net
The way the NZ government and the media are portraying this letter is what I have come to expect from them. They are saying that the letter contains a "call to action". NZ is soon going to remove Tarrant's remaining and minimal contact with the outside world like they are a 3rd world shit hole.

Reuters Article
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - The gunman accused of killing 51 people in New Zealand has handwritten a letter from jail expressing his political and social views, prompting Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to say that should never have been allowed, media said on Wednesday.

The New Zealand Herald had an image of the six-page letter and envelope from the alleged mosque shooter, Brenton Tarrant, sent from Auckland Prison, which was posted online on the controversial image board 4chan.

It was said to have been in response to a letter sent to him by a person named Alan who is said to live in Russia.

“I think every New Zealander would have an expectation that this individual should not be able to share his hateful message from behind bars,” Ardern was quoted telling reporters in Tuvalu, where she is attending the Pacific Islands Forum.

“Obviously, this is an offender who has a very specific goal in mind, in terms of sharing his propaganda, so we should have been prepared for that.”

Prisoners are allowed to send and receive mail and prison directors can only withhold it in certain circumstances.

“We have made changes to the management of this prisoner’s mail to ensure that our robust processes are as effective as we need them to be,” New Zealand’s Department of Corrections said in a statement quoted in the paper.

The letter mentioned a visit by Tarrant to Russia four years ago, media said.

New Zealand site Newshub said the last two lines of the letter could be read as a call to arms but blanked out what it said.

Tarrant, an Australian, pleaded not guilty to 92 charges stemming from the massacre at two mosques in Christchurch on March 15. He faces trial in May 2020.

Here is the Newshub article cited:

Newshub

'This cannot happen again': Prime Minister and Corrections Minister respond to alleged Christchurch shooter Brenton Tarrant's letter

The Corrections Minister says a letter sent by the alleged Christchurch shooter should never have been allowed to be sent.
Brenton Tarrant, who is accused of murdering 51 people during attacks on two Christchurch mosques earlier this year, was allowed to send the letter to someone in Russia, Corrections confirmed Wednesday.

But Corrections Minister Kelvin Davis says his department made a mistake in allowing the letter to be posted.
"I do not believe that Corrections should have allowed this letter to be sent, and I have sought assurances from them that there will be an enhanced process from now on," Davis says.
"I have made myself clear that this cannot happen again."
Speaking from Tuvalu, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern echoed Davis' words.
"This particularly bit of communications just should not have happened," she told media.

The letter is dated July 4 and the return address is that of Paremoremo prison. At the end, the letter contains what appears to be a call to action to his supporters.

Earlier today, the Department of Corrections said that following the incident it had made "changes to the management of this prisoner's mail to ensure that our robust processes are as effective as we need them to be".
But National's Corrections spokesperson David Bennett says changes after the fact are not good enough.
"This man is accused of carrying out one of the most heinous crimes in New Zealand history," says Bennett.
"New Zealanders will be horrified that Corrections allowed him to send a letter which includes a call to action and has subsequently been posted online.
"The minister is now refusing to comment – he owes the victims of this crime an immediate apology."
Bennett says that the rights of the victims should be put above anything else in this case.
Newshub.

EDIT: I realize I was beaten to the punch while compiling this post. I leave it in tact as it shows just how the media plays a game of telephone with the facts.

Tags
None