Brenton Tarrant posts on 8chan, shoots up Mosque killing 49 muslims in New Zealand, livestreams from GoPro -

Take away the Guns, Censor the Video, Throw people in Jail for Having the Video, or do it all?

• Just take the guns, it'll work out fine.

Votes: 53 6.3%
  • Doesn't matter, it's Trump's Fault.

Votes: 208 24.8%
  • Just ban the video, it's totally doable.

Votes: 28 3.3%
  • DO EVERYTHING!

Votes: 170 20.3%
  • Make Null turn us over, that'll make us safe.

Votes: 379 45.2%

• Total voters

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1raA76FSRo4

Aydin has a video on it. Her take is that this is one of three things:

1. Mental Illness. Basically he spent too much time on Pol and snapped.
  2. Genuine Accelerationist. He wants to push us into an ideological war with Islam.
  3. False flag. Him calling out PewDiePie (biggest threat to the media) and Candace Owens (biggest threat to the Dems with her Blexit) are her red flags there. The theory being that the guy is an insane... leftist, who wants to cause a backlash against the right.

She pointed out that the left hasn't shut up about the fat woman dying at Charlottesville since it happened, despite there being a video confession that an Antifa professor caused the incident. The left -- in NZ, in the US, in the UK, EVERYWHERE -- is going to use this as a weapon to pass anything and everything they want, everywhere, for the next few years, no matter how unrelated.

And expect censorship. Boy howdy. 4chan, 8ch, The Farms, "Every Youtuber Right of Marx..." all will be censored. Heavily so. And beyond just speech, she thinks Trump will cave and start pushing for Gun Control over it.

linchan

kiwifarms.net
Anyone know how to express that condemnation to this event without looking like acting in bad faith? I don't like what happened here, especially when this event hits so much closer since I recognize so much of the icons he used. But I feel like the only way people will view my reaction as genuine is if I condemn those icons and memes as well, which I don't want to do. I legitimately believe that this event would be something my friends would mention and it might be a point of severance if I don't appear to be genuine. We've tolerated our political beliefs so long because we all knew it wasn't important and we mutually agreed none of us are extreme in our view. But I feel like the reaction I have and what everyone else have is going to be extreme just by how shocking it is. Anyone know how to handle a discussion like this among people I know? I don't want them to get the wrong idea.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
I think the thing which always fascinates me is how the political mass shooters manage to persuade themselves they're the hero of their own little story an not just an exceptional individual mowing down people who can't defend themselves.

The frustrating thing is the prententious shit won't even really face any meaningful consequances because jail will feed into his dumb fantasies about being a brave race warrior put down by the system rather than a dipshit whose killed 49 people, ruined countless lives and made things worst for everyone in general in the political fallout to satisfy his own narcisism.
I fucking hate these people.

Dynastia

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know how to express that condemnation to this event without looking like acting in bad faith? I don't like what happened here, especially when this event hits so much closer since I recognize so much of the icons he used. But I feel like the only way people will view my reaction as genuine is if I condemn those icons and memes as well, which I don't want to do. I legitimately believe that this event would be something my friends would mention and it might be a point of severance if I don't appear to be genuine. We've tolerated our political beliefs so long because we all knew it wasn't important and we mutually agreed none of us are extreme in our view. But I feel like the reaction I have and what everyone else have is going to be extreme just by how shocking it is. Anyone know how to handle a discussion like this among people I know? I don't want them to get the wrong idea.
Just do the same thing us Muslims have to do every time a maniac blows up a public event. Express your sympathy for the victims, express your horror at what happened, and don't immediately follow it up with "but...". If people want to believe every Muslim is a bomber or every alt-right is a shooter, they're going to regardless of what you say. You don't have to rush to the defense of your people just because a psychopath who looks and sounds like them did something horrific, and it looks very gauche and insincere when people try to.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
False flag. Him calling out PewDiePie (biggest threat to the media) and Candace Owens (biggest threat to the Dems with her Blexit) are her red flags there. The theory being that the guy is an insane... leftist, who wants to cause a backlash against the right.
No I don't think so, after reading his manifesto, all of his arguments are perfectly sound. There's no usual leftist "hitler will be born again inshallah" crap you usually see from them. It was about using their celebrity names to accelerate censorship. It's just a guy that from his perspective saw an attack on European culture and it's way of life. And he put great value in that culture and ethnicity, and finally snapped.

You won't see what he's talking about because the media doesn't want you to see it. It's racist.

Black4STA

kiwifarms.net
I see some confusion about the mentions of PewDiePie and especially Cadence as strange and pointing to a "false flag."

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but I think that's his Big Brain 4D chess plan. He is a "accelerationist" and thus it would be consistent for him to tie any even moderately Right Wing personality to his cause and deepen the rift between the people of the West. Accelerating the 'inevitable' clash.

I think that's what he planned.

Lemmingwise

Rothschild funded art
kiwifarms.net

Just live your life honestly. Don't give a fuck about people that don't believe your honesty. They are probably just trying to control you.

Why should you care what people that don't trust your integrity think?

Animewasamistake

Send lewds
kiwifarms.net
I see some confusion about the mentions of PewDiePie and especially Cadence as strange and pointing to a "false flag."

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but I think that's his Big Brain 4D chess plan. He is a "accelerationist" and thus it would be consistent for him to tie any even moderately Right Wing personality to his cause and deepen the rift between the people of the West. Accelerating the 'inevitable' clash.

I think that's what he planned.
it has been covered here before, but this thread is moving so fast its fine if you missed it, yeah it is a couple peoples opinion that he was indeed a accelerationist

Elwood P. Dowd

I am the lizard king. I can do ... anything.
kiwifarms.net
Two items:

(1) Which one of you did this?

(2) BBC, demanding censorship today, censorship tomorrow, censorship forever...

Christchurch shootings: Social media's role

A video seemingly filmed by the man charged with murder after the killing of at least 49 people and wounding of at least 20 in shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, has been widely seen on social media.

The incident once again highlights how these platforms deal with such content.

While Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and YouTube raced to remove it, they failed to stop it being shared.

It raises questions about who is sharing it and why but, perhaps more importantly, how these platforms are dealing with the threat of far-right extremism.

What was shared?
The video, which shows a first-person view of the killings, has been widely circulated.

About 10 to 20 minutes before the attack in New Zealand, someone posted on the /pol/section of 8chan, an anarchist alt-right message board. The post included links to the suspect's Facebook page, where he stated he would be live-streaming and published a rambling and hate-filled manifesto
Before opening fire, the suspect urged viewers to subscribe to PewDiePie's YouTube channel. PewDiePie later said on Twitter he was "absolutely sickened having my name uttered by this person"
The attacks were live-streamed on Facebook and shared widely on other social media platforms, such as YouTube and Twitter
People continue to report seeing the video, despite the firms acting pretty swiftly to remove the original and copies
Several Australian media outlets broadcast some of the footage, as did other newspapers around the world
Ryan Mac, a BuzzFeed technology reporter, has created a timeline of where he has seen the video, including it being shared from a verified Twitter account with 694,000 followers. He claims it has been up for two hours
What is the response of the social media companies?
All of the social media firms sent heartfelt sympathy to the victims of the mass shootings and reiterated that they act quickly to remove inappropriate content.

Facebook said; "New Zealand Police alerted us to a video on Facebook shortly after the live-stream commenced and we removed both the shooter's Facebook account and the video.

"We're also removing any praise or support for the crime and the shooter or shooters as soon as we're aware. We will continue working directly with New Zealand Police as their response and investigation continues."

And in a tweet, YouTube said "our hearts are broken", adding it was "working vigilantly" to remove any violent footage.

Image copyrightTWITTER
In terms of what they have done historically to combat the threat of far-right extremists, their approach has been more chequered.

Twitter acted to remove alt-right accounts in December 2017. Previously it has removed and then reinstated the account of Richard Spencer, an American white nationalist who popularised the term "alternative right".

Facebook, which suspended Mr Spencer's account in April 2018, admitted at the time that it was difficult to distinguish between hate speech and legitimate political speech.

49 dead in New Zealand mosque attacks
Agonising wait for victims' families
UK mosque security to be discussed
This month, YouTube was accused of being either incompetent or irresponsible for its handling of a video promoting the banned Neo-Nazi group, National Action.

British MP Yvette Cooper said the video-streaming platform had repeatedly promised to block it, only for it to reappear on the service.

What needs to happen next?
Dr Ciaran Gillespie, a political scientist from Surrey University, thinks the problem goes far deeper than a video, shocking as that content has been.

"It is not just a question about broadcasting a massacre live. The social media platforms raced to close that down and there is not much they can do about it being shared because of the nature of the platform, but the bigger question is the stuff that goes before it," he said.

As a political researcher, he uses YouTube "a lot" and says that he is often recommended far-right content.

"There is oceans of this content on YouTube and there is no way of estimating how much. YouTube has dealt well with the threat posed by Islamic radicalisation, because this is seen as clearly not legitimate, but the same pressure does not exist to remove far-right content, even though it poses a similar threat.

"There will be more calls for YouTube to stop promoting racist and far-right channels and content."

'Legitimate controversy'
His views are echoed by Dr Bharath Ganesh, a researcher at the Oxford Internet Institute.

"Taking down the video is obviously the right thing to do, but social media sites have allowed far-right organisations a place for discussion and there has been no consistent or integrated approach to dealing with it.

"There has been a tendency to err on the side of freedom of speech, even when it is obvious that some people are spreading toxic and violent ideologies."

Now social media companies need to "take the threat posed by these ideologies much more seriously", he added.

"It may mean creating a special category for right-wing extremism, recognising that it has global reach and global networks."

Neither under-estimate the enormity of the task, especially as many of the exponents of far-right views are adept at, what Dr Gillespie calls, "legitimate controversy".

"People will discuss the threat posed by Islam and acknowledge it is contentious but point out that it is legitimate to discuss," he said.

These grey areas are going to be extremely difficult for the social media firms to tackle, they say, but after the tragedy unfolding in New Zealand, many believe they must try harder.

Jeff Heaney

kiwifarms.net
Feminism is important. Clinging to outdated gender models is the reason a small minority of Islam is so violent and oppressive and the only way to stop terrorism is by teaching our women to respect themselves enough to demand equality and free agency. In any case we clearly have very different values but we're both human at the end of the day. I hope you find a way to rid your heart of all this hate. Peace be unto you.

Baiting with the truth: the very best kind of bait.

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
This is stupid you understand those boards are at stake right now? The worlds eyes are on them? How in any way will praising the shooter help them in the court of public opinion. Just step out of your ‘’muh free speech” bubble for a second and realize although freedom of speech is a right, the left has weaponized the court of public opinion. Most the 1488 shit happens on those anon boards because exactly that your anonymous!

It’s almost like the 1488 clique are a bunch of cowards when they have to present their opinion in public with a face to the name. But hey that’s my opinion I’m sure it’s not popular with you /pol/acks
That's fucking exceptional. Your basic message is "Be quiet! People might be watching you and not like what you say!"

Fuck those people.

ConfederateIrishman

kiwifarms.net
I really doubt that this was a false flag, his logic appears to be internally consistent even if amoral and he named Candance Owens because he probably didn't like her for being a "based black women" and knew that would cause a bigger shitstorm. Honestly, it seems much of his actions were coldly calculated to get the biggest reaction possible, from naming pewdiepie, to the obnoxious skins on his guns, to his opinions he published in his manifesto. The main reason I doubt it's a false flag is he just knows too many memes and flips in and out of irony too easily: all my senses are screaming acclerationist, not "glow-in-the-dark-nigger".

I don't think he's a leftist, or more accurately: he probably doesn't consider himself on a left-right line; It seems his opinions are generally Fascist in nature while his specific views are all over the place depending on the issue. That being said I can see why many on the right would love to be able to just say that he was a leftist and wipe their hands of this mess.

Finally, I do think their is going to be a wave of censorship due to this and that is exactly what the shooter wanted to happen.

Finrod Felagund

Cannot seem to stop rap-battling.
kiwifarms.net
And expect censorship. Boy howdy. 4chan, 8ch, The Farms, "Every Youtuber Right of Marx..." all will be censored.
Hell, what are the odds of a total purge? It's definitely not the first time the media's got us all at knifepoint, just what if?

I don't know about you but that's like a do or don't situation. If you legitimately care, just do whatever in your power to say something, or just keep it to yourself.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Listening to the FBI say that watching or sharing the video is the same as supporting terrorism is about the biggest "tell" Ive ever seen them show as to their outright hatred of any kind of truth in media. The fact of the matter is this guy was a tremendous fucking asshole but trying to suppress him is just going to make his message resonate with more fuck ups. They're so fucking tone deaf it's not even amusing anymore. They're not a federal law enforcement agency anymore, they're just an internal intelligence agency fighting their own populace

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino