Disaster Brexit: "Technical terms" agreed - Chequers minus, as feared, or Brexit in name only.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Depends on your constituency. If the Tory is proleave or better still a member of the ERG then Tory. If not then you have to look how likely the other parties are to taking the seat. Ultimately it's going to be a tactical keep the libdems and labour out. My Tory MP is an ERG member and has been shouting about leaving since before UKIP scared Cameron into the referendum so I'll be voting for him and the Brexit party would be crazy to contest the seat.
Brexit Party for me then, I live in 'would vote for a literal dog turd if it had a red rosette' country.

• Feels
Reactions: Gustav Schuchardt

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I live in a constituency with a very pro-Brexit Tory MP. If there was a general election I'd be torn between voting for them to keep a staunch pro-Brexit voice in the House of Commons or voting for the Brexit Party while thinking about the national level.

As regards Jolyon Maugham QC, well, what does he care, it's all crowdfunded money so he's no real skin in the game.

I'm also thinking of getting myself a yellow vest and manning the barricades to be fair. It's just nuts. Why should 326 Members of Parliament be able to dismiss the vote of 17.4 million normies who won a referendum the holding of which and the observing of which was a manifesto promise and which Parliament voted by a huge majority to implement when they invoked A50. If they're going to be like that we might as well go back to the days of a landed aristocracy who have a voice and the rest of you smelly peasants can get back to tilling your master's fields where you belong.

X Prime

kiwifarms.net

The rollercoaster never ends.

The Lords are supposedly looking at a hundred hours of debating.

Orange//Net

Offically doxxed by the Antifa Furry Army
kiwifarms.net
Your big news of the day: No general election and Corbyn went home to sleep.

• Feels
Reactions: CWCissey

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fucking hell. How in the name of fuckery do we get out the EU now other than with a "fucked like a whore on payday" deal.

Funnily enough, I think there may be a route out of this mess through the Courts. Boris goes and asks for an extension in line with the bill, but then refuses to accept the extension on the basis that the legal provision requiring acceptance of an extension is unlawful. This is because if the extension has terms attached to it or would otherwise require a Parliamentary vote to accept, an Act of Parliament forcing that extension to be accepted would be Parliament attempting to bind its successor (because if the extension had terms attached that Parliament would not accept, it could never comply with the law), or would be an attempt at overriding Queen's Consent. A lecturer in public law at LSE reckons this might actually work.

EDIT:

Okay so:
No no-deal
No deal agreed on
No Election to break the deadlock

Got it Parliament you want nothing, How about No pay?
Had another idea. A bit outré this. How about the Government call a vote of no confidence in itself just before prorogation, banking on the Remainer lobby not wanting to serve under Jeremy Corbyn and Corbyn refusing any government of national unity that he doesn't head. The 14 days will pass in any event upon where an election will then automatically follow. Yes, it's counter-intuitive but we already live in clown world, what's another slice of absurdity between friends.

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
Had another idea. A bit outré this. How about the Government call a vote of no confidence in itself just before prorogation, banking on the Remainer lobby not wanting to serve under Jeremy Corbyn and Corbyn refusing any government of national unity that he doesn't head. The 14 days will pass in any event upon where an election will then automatically follow. Yes, it's counter-intuitive but we already live in clown world, what's another slice of absurdity between friends.
Knowing what a clown world we live in, they might actually do the opposite and side with the communist. Somehow we have gone from a useless as fuck PM who looked to sell her country down the river to a PM who is being screwed over by those holdovers from the previous government. The guy even framed the situation in a way so that if an election was called, he could spin it as him being unwilling and it being a power play by the Remainers and opposition to avoid Brexit, thereby possibly rallying the Brexiteers to his side as a guy trying to get shit done. He can't even get that.

The Tories might as well have just fucked themselves out of the next election. If by some miracle a snap is held and he does win, he had better make sure he cleans out his MP choices of the sycophants and traitors.

I would honestly not be surprised if some of these holdovers from May end up being hurt like that Labour MP was by some mentally ill guys on the fringe who decide that enough is enough.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How can they say this?
So let's pretend today is 30 October. Nothing has been agreed on, and no election happened. Because ethe deadlock continued until then. What would happen? Wouldn't it just be, no deal?
If no extension to Article 50 and no deal with the EU agreed by October 31st, my understanding is the UK would cease to be a member state of the EU in Nov 1st

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
Blocking Jo's election has sense in it, if you're coming from the remain side. It's his way of throwing toys out the pram, and making negotiations for whoever wins the election nigh impossible due to time constraints and how shitty UK government runs. Get the extension, then call the election, gives whoever wins the time to form the government push through the legislation. It's obvious in a way, to cancel it out though, would be for the EU to come back and deny the extension, Jo gets what he wants in that instance. Funny how he needs to EU on his side for the moment xD

Racist Trash

Fucking Lidl doesn't have any Custard Creams.
kiwifarms.net
Blocking Jo's election has sense in it, if you're coming from the remain side. It's his way of throwing toys out the pram, and making negotiations for whoever wins the election nigh impossible due to time constraints and how shitty UK government runs. Get the extension, then call the election, gives whoever wins the time to form the government push through the legislation. It's obvious in a way, to cancel it out though, would be for the EU to come back and deny the extension, Jo gets what he wants in that instance. Funny how he needs to EU on his side for the moment xD

The problem is that they have already had two extensions and three years and they still can't do anything due to parliament being fucked, also it's hilarious for remainers to complain about not having a second referendum because democracy but then reject a democratic election.

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
The problem is that they have already had two extensions and three years and they still can't do anything due to parliament being fucked, also it's hilarious for remainers to complain about not having a second referendum because democracy but then reject a democratic election.

More to my first post, hard to do much in parliament if half your group are a bunch of lassies, the other a bunch of loonies, neither side will mingle, thus the Tory party the now. For the referendum bit, there's precedent for a referendum just to be ignored out of a technicality, first devolution yin got through by something like fifty one percent, some labour bugger hitched a amendment of some kind so it got blown away. As for the elections, hard to say how they can argue in favour of a no deal being the populist approach. Tories ran that election, lost their majority and continually seem to be seeping or purging their own MPs'.

Though again, balls in the EU's court, if they give the extension, remainers will be pushing for the election, if they don't, Jo will be dancing like a school boy. Should be a good laugh regardless.

The Final Troondown

kiwifarms.net
God damnit. What even happens here if they pass a bill demanding that Boris (and it would be specifically Boris, since Corbyn wants it signed before a General Election is called) request an extension from the EU and he just refuses to do it?
Technically he cpuld do it if the bill demands he agree to one as royal prerogative rests with the government when dealing with international treaties
Thats why the cooper letwin bill simply demanded that one was sought, rather than agreed

This new one requires it be agreed, which means that boris could deny it royal assent, whether he has the stones to is another thing entirely tho

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
It'll be Nigel Farage walking through the door of Number 10 like
View attachment 923214
With the first pass the post, I cannae really see Farage doing much damage against either Labour or the Tories, you'd need a dramatic drop in support for him to get through. Half way it goes, he'd might get what, ten percent of the seats from either side, if it was enough for a coalition bonnie. But the polls are showing the Libs and Labour doing them out if you combine the pair. Whether the Dems would be up for it would be interesting.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
With the first pass the post, I cannae really see Farage doing much damage against either Labour or the Tories, you'd need a dramatic drop in support for him to get through. Half way it goes, he'd might get what, ten percent of the seats from either side, if it was enough for a coalition bonnie. But the polls are showing the Libs and Labour doing them out if you combine the pair. Whether the Dems would be up for it would be interesting.
Why would Leave voters stick with Boris if he failed to get the UK out by the end of October? He will have had his chance.

Remember where the Brexit Party was in the polls immediately before Johnson became PM and immediately after. That happened because it was perceived that he was a hard Brexiter. If that's proven false not only will he lose the ones who switched over from the Brexit Party, he will lose more of the Tory vote that never left. His support relies on his reputation as someone who will get them out. Once that's gone it's over for him.

No one doubts Farage will get it done.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Keeper of the sacred ointment.
kiwifarms.net
Okay so:
No no-deal
No deal agreed on
No Election to break the deadlock

Got it Parliament you want nothing, How about No pay?
That was almost word for word what I was going to say so you know what it’s time to get serious!

Hey Parliament

3D4E4461-0EE6-48B0-9E24-7663A6E6D90C.jpeg

Dishonour on you!
Dishonour on your cow!
Dishonour on your whole family!

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino