Disaster Brexit: "Technical terms" agreed - Chequers minus, as feared, or Brexit in name only.

Orange//Net

Offically doxxed by the Antifa Furry Army
kiwifarms.net
Your Monday Brexit roundup:

• Winner
Reactions: Slimy Time

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
In today's edition of retardedness of r/ukpolitics we have an overdramatic text post titled "My fellow Britons." I agree with one of the commentors: it's cringeworthy.

For the next 5 weeks we are without representation. Our MPs cannot defend us, cannot write and repeal laws to protect us. They cannot serve our communities, they cannot lead. They have been silenced.

This act of prorogation undermines the representative and democratic values we, as a nation, claim to represent and fight for, sometimes quite literally, around the world. When facing strong opposition, one must not seek to ignore it, and circumvent it, one must strive to find a compromise, a position which brings people together. Instead we are being polarised. Shutting down parliament, avoiding scrutiny, preventing our representatives from speaking for us, for such a long time at a point of national crisis is an affront to due process and parliamentary sovereignty.

Our systems of checks and balances preventing a coup (yes, I do think that word is appropriate) are really struggling to hold back the tide. These are not the actions of a strong, powerful leader, but a weak one, desperately clinging on to the power he feels entitled to. He has refused to categorically promise to obey the rule of law, which is completely unacceptable. No one is above the law.

To my moderate Conservative voting friends in particular, I say this. I am sorry for you to have something you value be taken from you. To be bastardised into an authoritarian personality cult, away from the free-market values which you supported. I say to you, please seriously consider voting for another party at the next election. Under its current leadership I fear that it will continue to try and denigrate our democracy. At times like this, national interest has to come above party allegiances. Your party is no longer what it once was, and it must be neutered before it can cause more damage.

To the rest, now is not the time to point fingers, and become violent. Respect others, be kind to others. Especially the ones who aren't like you. It is going to be tough. I'm scared about what's going to happen, we all are a little bit. Democracy is not guaranteed, and our democratic light is starting to flicker out. We've got to try and break down the entrenching of views, and understand the other. Look for the humanity in them.

Be good to each other.
These wimpy motherfuckers are so damn shook. Such pussies people are nowadays.

Racist Trash

Fucking Lidl doesn't have any Custard Creams.
kiwifarms.net
In today's edition of retardedness of r/ukpolitics we have an overdramatic text post titled "My fellow Britons." I agree with one of the commentors: it's cringeworthy.

It's even more hilarious when you take into account the people they are supporting refused a democratic vote twice.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking the same thing, all that flowery prose to defend..... ignoring a fair voting result for three years now, claiming it doesn't count because it's not what the elite wanted.

RUBBISH

There in one word is the counter-point to all that soy-tinged verbiage.

Reactions: Unog

Forever Sunrise

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking the same thing, all that flowery prose to defend..... ignoring a fair voting result for three years now, claiming it doesn't count because it's not what the elite wanted.
It's not that it shouldn't count because it's not what the elite wanted, it's that it denied the UK a chance at an actual brexit.

I remember when all this started, the narrative for Leave was 'yay, we've gotten past the oppressive oligarchy that controls our future and leaves us powerless'. Except they didn't realize the political machinery was still entirely turned against them. It's still a near-complete victory for the elite, because it has successfully refocused the argument and destroyed the potential of a future, fair and effective brexit plan being proposed.

I've always maintained that the winning move wasn't to vote Leave or to vote Remain. The winning move was not to play and give the politicians who actually cared about brexit the ammunition needed to successfully campaign on a brexit platform in the next GE.

Sure, there've been a few casualties along the way, but the establishment is still firmly in control, and the British public played directly into their hands.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Cringeworthy, pretentious, and bloviating. So, normal service for remainiacs.

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
The winning move was not to play and give the politicians who actually cared about brexit the ammunition needed to successfully campaign on a brexit platform in the next GE.
but what would've changed? the EU can't let the uk leave without making them bleed as an example since it might give other members the idea they can freely leave as well, and brussels can't have that. so even if the base would've been more solid they'd still be screwed just the same.

Reactions: Magnum Tenebrosum

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net

Double posting, but Scottish court ruled proroguement of parliament illegal. @Ginger Piglet, as the resident UK law expert, what does this mean? I always thought Scots law was its own jurisdiction non applicable to the parliament in London?

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Double posting, but Scottish court ruled proroguement of parliament illegal. @Ginger Piglet, as the resident UK law expert, what does this mean? I always thought Scots law was its own jurisdiction non applicable to the parliament in London?
Not a Scottish lawyer so I don't know the answer to that. However, I suspect they forum-shopped to Scotland because they thought they'd get a more favourable judge.

That being said, this is under appeal to the Supreme Court in London, which I suspect will find that the prorogation was lawful. Lord Jonathan Sumption, a retired judge of same, while not a Brexiteer, reckons that there's not much mileage in Joanna Cherry and Jolyon Maugham's argument, and the High Court has already found at John Major's application that the prorogation was lawful.

• Informative
Reactions: Slimy Time

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
Not a Scottish lawyer so I don't know the answer to that. However, I suspect they forum-shopped to Scotland because they thought they'd get a more favourable judge.

That being said, this is under appeal to the Supreme Court in London, which I suspect will find that the prorogation was lawful. Lord Jonathan Sumption, a retired judge of same, while not a Brexiteer, reckons that there's not much mileage in Joanna Cherry and Jolyon Maugham's argument, and the High Court has already found at John Major's application that the prorogation was lawful.
Really hoping that Jolyon and Cherry get btfo in a Supreme Court decision.

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

That being said, this is under appeal to the Supreme Court in London, which I suspect will find that the prorogation was lawful.
It sounds like the court is well overstepping its jurisdiction. While the UK doesn't have explicit separation of powers in a single written constitution, it certainly distinguishes between judicial and legislative powers, and the power of the PM to prorogue Parliament is beyond judicial review (IMO).

EasyPeasy

Oh Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ENGLISH judges say PM's Parliament shutdown CANNOT be legally challenged - hours after it was deemed illegal by Scottish court

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net

What do these fuckers do when parliament is dismissed for its normal break periods?

Oh yeah, nothing.

Reactions: spiritofamermaid

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Gold star to @AnOminous for calling that one. They're so desperate they're trying delaying with technicalities that don't even EXIST.
This in particular is where they went completely off the rails:

"Three judges concluded that the PM had an 'improper purpose' when he advised the Queen to prorogue."

It's not up to them to have any opinion whatsoever on whether he had a proper purpose. It's entirely within the power of the PM to recommend that, and the Crown to do it. It's like suing the President for vetoing something. Courts have no power to review decisions like that.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
It's like suing the President for vetoing something.
Don't give the 9th circuit any ideas... I can totally see one of their more activist members trying to issue an injunction against Trump for an "improperly motivated veto" when, much like this case:

A. The court has no jurisdiction to review Executive Veto, that power is granted by the Constitution, full stop, with no challenge to it available except Congressional override.
B. Within the framework of the courts, "Improperly Motivated" means nothing, it is not a legal term or even a legal concept, it's just someone's raw opinion. You might as well just say "The court finds that you are a doo-doo head".

Don Herbert

Mr. Wizard
kiwifarms.net
Don't give the 9th circuit any ideas... I can totally see one of their more activist members trying to issue an injunction against Trump for an "improperly motivated veto" when, much like this case:

A. The court has no jurisdiction to review Executive Veto, that power is granted by the Constitution, full stop, with no challenge to it available except Congressional override.
B. Within the framework of the courts, "Improperly Motivated" means nothing, it is not a legal term or even a legal concept, it's just someone's raw opinion. You might as well just say "The court finds that you are a doo-doo head".
John Roberts has made his decision, now let him enforce it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino