World Brexit: "Technical terms" agreed - Chequers minus, as feared, or Brexit in name only.

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
God you brits. The head of the largest empire in human history reduced to eurocock sucking twats.
The fact this has taken so long is laughable.
Why can't you guys handle your shit?
Well if you bothered to read the preceding pages you'd know it is because of a load of obstructionist politicians, lawyers and judges who're all just getting high on the smell of their own farts. You know the exact same shit the US is stuck with all the time.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
So PMs Beta Catlady and Fat Turkish exceptional individual didn't work out. Who's next? Epic Count Dankula to own remainers by their own logic in epic SJW cringe compilation 217.5?

Anglos suck so much

Last edited:

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
It'd probably lead to a dangerous precedent of the Queen doing things.
I don't see that as more dangerous than the courts outright interfering with Parliament's business. In fact, what's the point of a head of state that isn't allowed to do anything? Yeah, monarchs that do everything are bad, but monarchs that do nothing are worse. Either let the Queen do her job, or get her out of the entire process once and for all. Somebody has to sign off on Parliament's doings, and it may as well be somebody allowed to tell Parliament when it needs to get out of its own asshole. Call that somebody a queen, a president, a tard wrangler. Just really anything other than a judge, because fuck legislating from the bench in all circumstances. Never impartial, never fair, never apolitical.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Plunderer of booty and candy
kiwifarms.net
It'd probably lead to a dangerous precedent of the Queen doing things.
Wait the person in charge doing something other then delegation dangerous? She sat in on a cabinet meeting a few years ago while Cameron was prime minister seemingly out of the blue. It was described as one of the most cordial meetings they ever had.

I bet she has done a lot and all of it behind the scenes.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WELCOMING IN AWOOWEEN
kiwifarms.net
I don't see that as more dangerous than the courts outright interfering with Parliament's business. In fact, what's the point of a head of state that isn't allowed to do anything? Yeah, monarchs that do everything are bad, but monarchs that do nothing are worse. Either let the Queen do her job, or get her out of the entire process once and for all. Somebody has to sign off on Parliament's doings, and it may as well be somebody allowed to tell Parliament when it needs to get out of its own asshole. Call that somebody a queen, a president, a tard wrangler. Just really anything other than a judge, because fuck legislating from the bench in all circumstances. Never impartial, never fair, never apolitical.
I mean, I agree with you completely, it's just if she does too much they'll say she's overstepping her bounds and then take her power for themselves or replace her with some horrible, oily, Tony Blair-esque politician or something.

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
Hell, trade deals with the EU take decades to hash out, one with south America just failed because of one of the countries saying nah, back to the drawing boards. So why folk expected Brexit to be any different is just odd. You're effectively negotiating over a trade deal for your entire economy, tie into the fact that the good friday agreement was wrapped around Euro law rather than national and it makes it more of a cluster feck. This was always going to be slow as feck.

The fact that we've got two sides ignoring that, and going for the easy: Yes I want it noaws!!!1!
Or the equally silly: Fuck the referendum, we stays!!!1!

Both of those mind sets just about throws the entire point of this out of the window, leaving is going to have to be worth it, or we'll simply end up crawling back and getting an even worse try at entry.

Irrelevant

kiwifarms.net
Hell, trade deals with the EU take decades to hash out, one with south America just failed because of one of the countries saying nah, back to the drawing boards. So why folk expected Brexit to be any different is just odd. You're effectively negotiating over a trade deal for your entire economy, tie into the fact that the good friday agreement was wrapped around Euro law rather than national and it makes it more of a cluster feck. This was always going to be slow as feck.

The fact that we've got two sides ignoring that, and going for the easy: Yes I want it noaws!!!1!
Or the equally silly: Fuck the referendum, we stays!!!1!

Both of those mind sets just about throws the entire point of this out of the window, leaving is going to have to be worth it, or we'll simply end up crawling back and getting an even worse try at entry.
These big trade agreements obviously don't work anymore. Even the WTO has been gridlocked for 30 years (mostly French farmers torpedoing everything).

People have been promoting more modular trade agreements for like 10+ years which is also what the US is offering post-Brexit.

But what obviously follows from that is the withdrawal should be modular too.

I think the WA could have gotten through if it just had a 5-20 year time limit as it would have taken that long to replace everything anyway. The fact that they won't do something so simple suggests something else is going on.

Reactions: Alba gu brath

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
These big trade agreements obviously don't work anymore. Even the WTO has been gridlocked for 30 years (mostly French farmers torpedoing everything).
Hard to say whether they work or not overall, though you can't exactly wrangle them out as easily as the Tories were suggesting the process would be. Thing with Brexit is though, you're not negotiating for a new benefit, you're trying to retain the same standards with a sudden looser, emptier market. A deal with America might be braw and grand, but I cannae quite see it fufilling the same space left by the Euros, at least economically. It itself would take time to pull the investors out of the wood works, talking maybe another five to ten years.

I think the WA could have gotten through if it just had a 5-20 year time limit as it would have taken that long to replace everything anyway. The fact that they won't do something so simple suggests something else is going on.
Well, it's simple really. You can't have a election/referendum, build it up to be this big thing that will be a sudden change, and then turn it around and make it clear that it'd take time to do. Voters would get whiplash, and elections would be lost pretty quick for whoever was holding the particular bomb at the wrong time. Cannae really see it being anything nefarious outside of that, politicians by trait, are useless buggers at best of times.

Edit:

On an unrelated note, looks like the Scots courts are putting another foot up Boris's ass,if this leaving deal or no deal on the thirty first might be a noose he's hanging himself with.

Last edited:
Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

Irrelevant

kiwifarms.net
Well, it's simple really. You can't have a election/referendum, build it up to be this big thing that will be a sudden change, and then turn it around and make it clear that it'd take time to do. Voters would get whiplash, and elections would be lost pretty quick for whoever was holding the particular bomb at the wrong time. Cannae really see it being anything nefarious outside of that, politicians by trait, are useless buggers at best of times.
But did the Leave campaign build it up to be a sudden change (I actually paid no attention to any of it)? To me it was obvious it'd take at least a decade. Even Article 50 takes 2 years.

It seemed to me that it was the Remain media that was confused about what the Leave victory actually meant. They bigged it up as anti-immigration which is what lead to May drawing her impossible red lines and holding back rights for EU citizens even though it was parts of the Leave campaign that already thought doing so would violate stuff like the Vienna Convention.

Last edited:

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
But did the Leave campaign build it up to be a sudden change (I actually paid no attention to any of it)? To me it was obvious it'd take at least a decade. Even Article 50 takes 2 years.

It seemed to me that it was the Remain media that was confused about what the Leave victory actually meant. They bigged it up as anti-immigration which is what lead to May drawing her impossible red lines and holding back rights for EU citizens even though parts of the Leave campaign already knew doing so would have been illegal under the Vienna Convention.
The way Leave was pushing it, and mind, you had all sorts in the leave campaign umbrella, between the realists who knew what it was and then the dafties who actually believe Turkey was going to be joining the EU in splash dash sprint. Money instantly moved to the NHS, immigration controls being implemented almost as soon as article fifty. All that sorta thing. Even if they didn't come out and say it, you're getting the sling-shot effect, make big grandiose statements but withhold the pay out and folk get angsty; kinda why we the polls are going so bipolar.

Hell, some leavers didn't get what it was about either. Had countless interviews of Mogg and his types saying we wouldn't be leaving the single market, we'd be doing a Sweden/Norway styled agreement and all that silly stuff.

A piss poor election really, all emotion no sense.

Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
Court document for all time winner Marcus Ball and his private prosecution has leaked. This guy made some really big brained moves, including ignoring the advice of the QC he was paying.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Wait the person in charge doing something other then delegation dangerous? She sat in on a cabinet meeting a few years ago while Cameron was prime minister seemingly out of the blue. It was described as one of the most cordial meetings they ever had.

I bet she has done a lot and all of it behind the scenes.
Thats more her style

like (Her Majesty) could invite her Prime Minister, the Leader of her opposition, and other party leaders for Tea. And tell them the people made a decision and you don't like it. But you cannot get the votes to follow their will. So it seems you need to seek the wisdom of the british people to resolve this question. I hope you can proudly announce this soon.

Racist Trash

Fucking Lidl doesn't have any Custard Creams.
kiwifarms.net
So what's going on now? BBC is talking about prorogation and that's the first I have heard of it.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Got no clue about the prorogation but there's more recent news.

No10 say Brexit deal is now ‘impossible’ and warn EU countries they will be treated as hostile – as Boris vows to meet Irish PM for last-ditch talks

382.gif

or is it? (Pls no jinx)

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino