World Brexit: "Technical terms" agreed - Chequers minus, as feared, or Brexit in name only.

• The End of Proving Grounds: (Thread) (Update) (Last Call in PG)
    I've enabled GIF avatars across the site again. Don't make me regret this.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm always suspect of polls now. A lot of work required on the campaign trail. May walked into an election with a massive lead in polls and managed to utterly fuck herself. It will be much more accurate mid to late November.
Agreed. I suspect also that the Brexit Party will lose a lot of support now that a "deal" is "over the line" purely because a Brexit Party government wanting to reopen the Withdrawal Agreement again or tear it up will be seen as backwards progress by a lot of the electorate who just want the whole sorry saga done with.

Slimy Time

When you see the presents under the tree
kiwifarms.net
I've already seen ghoulish Remainers gleefully trotting out the line "Hopefully a load of old people die in the flu season so we win the election". They really do themselves no favours PR-wise, do they?
These are the same people who said "enough people have died since 2016, we shouldn't be bound by their decision, let's have a 2nd referendum". Once again, the ones preaching against the "hateful Brexiteers" are far more venomous than those they decry. They say stuff like this because they are deluded into thinking that everyone will agree with them.

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
Hey, if wishing for your opponents death isn't in good taste, I don't know what is!

Also, reckon we'll just be throwing all the election crap in here instead of spreading it out in new/different threads? Will save making more of a mess.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Parson Weebs

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
These are the same people who said "enough people have died since 2016, we shouldn't be bound by their decision, let's have a 2nd referendum". Once again, the ones preaching against the "hateful Brexiteers" are far more venomous than those they decry. They say stuff like this because they are deluded into thinking that everyone will agree with them.
They forget that it's always someone's year to turn 60

Slimy Time

kiwifarms.net
Apparently part of the new Tory manifesto is to reform the unaccountable supreme court. The blairitres may have played their special selected court into a bin over Brexit.
If it's true, then that was decided after they decided to hand out the judgment over Johnson decision to prorogue parliament and people like Miller and Maughm running to the courts to try and influence politics. Seemed like an overreach of their position. UK Law is (for better or worse) based on the supremacy of Parliament, not on the rulings of an unelected Supreme Court and the prorogue decision was a ruling on parliamentary procedure, undercutting parliamentary supremacy. Either make the Supreme Court expressly political (similar to the US) or keep it separate, don't make it a halfway house with unaccountable and unelected judges.

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
If it's true, then that was decided after they decided to hand out the judgment over Johnson decision to prorogue parliament and people like Miller and Maughm running to the courts to try and influence politics. Seemed like an overreach of their position. UK Law is (for better or worse) based on the supremacy of Parliament, not on the rulings of an unelected Supreme Court and the prorogue decision was a ruling on parliamentary procedure, undercutting parliamentary supremacy. Either make the Supreme Court expressly political (similar to the US) or keep it separate, don't make it a halfway house with unaccountable and unelected judges.

Hell, if anything the British system needs radical reform even outside of the supreme court nonsense. We get giggles out of some daft African governments parliament openly brawling, but good lord if ours doesn't look like a bunch of smug cunts half the time.

Slimy Time

kiwifarms.net
So he's thinking with his dick instead of brains. If he does this, he will split the Tory vote as he did in the Euro election. People will vote for Brexit and end up with Remain/Labour in. If he thinks that disillusioned Brexiteer Labourites will vote for him, he's mistaken. His biggest supporters in the Euro election were Tories disillusioned with May.

However, I would like to know how he's going to get 500 candidates, because I don't think he has that many. He should be focusing on Labour/independent positions that he knows he can win, make Remain opposition weaker instead of going balls to the wall.

Tbh though, his track record for GEs is poor. He can win Euro election seats, but not GE seats, probably because locals are concerned with local matters such as bin collection and hospital management, which he rarely addresses and when he does, it's meme worthy.

Could very well end up with situations like this.
IMG_20191101_133533.jpg

Last edited:

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
However, I would like to know how he's going to get 500 candidates, because I don't think he has that many. He should be focusing on Labour/independent positions that he knows he can win, make Remain opposition weaker instead of going balls to the wall.
"Rape Man" is tanned, rested, and ready

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
So he's thinking with his dick instead of brains. If he does this, he will split the Tory vote as he did in the Euro election. People will vote for Brexit and end up with Remain/Labour in. If he thinks that disillusioned Brexiteer Labourites will vote for him, he's mistaken. His biggest supporters in the Euro election were Tories disillusioned with May.

Tbh though, his track record for GEs is poor. He can win Euro election seats, but not GE seats, probably because locals are concerned with local matters such as bin collection and hospital management, which he rarely addresses and when he does, it's meme worthy.

Could very well end up with situations like this.
View attachment 993122
In fairness, he seems to be aware of this and doesn't particularly want to, but he's putting the ball in the Tory's court. Which is also, somewhat, understandable, because he's basically cucking himself and admitting the Tory's are the better party if he goes off on his own and chooses not to contest their seats. For the validity of the Brexit Party he has to at least appear to think he can do better. The real question will be, if the Tory's do stand their ground, will be really contest every seat out of stubbornness or back down?

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In fairness, he seems to be aware of this and doesn't particularly want to, but he's putting the ball in the Tory's court. Which is also, somewhat, understandable, because he's basically cucking himself and admitting the Tory's are the better party if he goes off on his own and chooses not to contest their seats. For the validity of the Brexit Party he has to at least appear to think he can do better. The real question will be, if the Tory's do stand their ground, will be really contest every seat out of stubbornness or back down?
I think this is just posturing. Nigel's a madlad, not stupid.

Besides, I'm sure I heard on GMB this morning that Nige is leaning towards aiming solely at Labour Leave zones.

EDIT: Just seen on the BBC News banner that he's asking for an electoral pact. Smart.

Slimy Time

kiwifarms.net
I think he will back down if they stand their ground. It comes off as a bluff. I don't think he has 500 candidates to stand in all these seats. Unless Farage really is going with his ego instead of thinking straight, I don't see him risking no Brexit. Then again, he could very well be fueled by ego and the realisation that he will get no credit for Brexit and would be willing to trash it all since it's not his name spearheading leave. Whether he likes it or not, he's going to be relegated to a footnote in history books while someone else takes credit for his lifes work.
I think this is just posturing. Nigel's a madlad, not stupid.

Besides, I'm sure I heard on GMB this morning that Nige is leaning towards aiming solely at Labour Leave zones.
I hope so, targeting Labour leave zones and is the best play.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I dont know the sausage making of british elections. Can you run people for seats but not run people who will get any votes?

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I dont know the sausage making of british elections. Can you run people for seats but not run people who will get any votes?
As long as you can pay the deposit, you can run for Parliament. You'll just have a better time if you're in a Party.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright, my brexiteer thread bro’s, someone explain to me what the fuck Farage is actually trying to achieve.

Is he attempting to get Boris to commit to regulatory divergence? That’s a rewriting of the Boris “deal” and I doubt very palatable to the panjandrum of pallid pussy.

Is he trying to push the party to deselect soft Brexiter candidates?

What is his actual tactical intent here, ignoring the words that come of his mouth? What is he trying to achieve?

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
I think he will back down if they stand their ground. It comes off as a bluff. I don't think he has 500 candidates to stand in all these seats. Unless Farage really is going with his ego instead of thinking straight, I don't see him risking no Brexit. Then again, he could very well be fueled by ego and the realisation that he will get no credit for Brexit and would be willing to trash it all since it's not his name spearheading leave. Whether he likes it or not, he's going to be relegated to a footnote in history books while someone else takes credit for his lifes work.

I hope so, targeting Labour leave zones and is the best play.

Apparently he had 635 back in August.

Alba gu brath

kiwifarms.net
Alright, my brexiteer thread bro’s, someone explain to me what the fuck Farage is actually trying to achieve.

Is he attempting to get Boris to commit to regulatory divergence? That’s a rewriting of the Boris “deal” and I doubt very palatable to the panjandrum of pallid pussy.

Is he trying to push the party to deselect soft Brexiter candidates?

What is his actual tactical intent here, ignoring the words that come of his mouth? What is he trying to achieve?

Simple really, the Tory party alongside Labour and co are the main problems the government's faced in pushing through el brexitenio, the tories have been too half in and half out, so when push comes to shove, their shitty tiny majority has buggered them.

So, either Bojo agrees to be the bitch in the relationship, or Farage turns into the abusive lover. Technically, it could play out well for them, the right wing vote would be only getting split two ways, whilst the left leaning tends to go three ways, though I suppose only two ways akin if we ignore the SNP and just give them Scotland as a whole. All depends on how and where they field their buggers, for any Americans reading, Brits don't vote for candidates, they vote for their party, the only people who give a shit about people in particular, are on their staff. So name reclamation only goes in favour of the party, not the sod carrying it.

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
I think Farage and TBP spent their political capital on the MEP elections. Everyone I know who voted them in the euro election is planning Tory this time because that is how Brexit is going to get done.

The problem TBP has is they peaked then disappeared. They appeared to a fanfare with a whirlwind of media coverage and people flocking to them. They ate the UKIP vote and some of the Tory/Labour vote. Then tried to keep the momentum going in the by-election, lost, and the promptly disappeared (possibly media strategy to ignore them or them failing to live up to the promise of their initial fanfare). Farage has done a poor job keeping them in the national consciousness and that will hurt them.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino