Disaster Brexit: "Technical terms" agreed - Chequers minus, as feared, or Brexit in name only.

cuddle striker

for court testimony don't wear a bloodstainedtie
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
all I took away from this was the phrase "Ireland being ruled from Dublin" and that's a fine thing to think of.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Shit or get off the pot. Christ what is wrong with these numpties?

edit I know shes not "supposed too" but Elizabeth absolutely can go to the house of lords and then send a very polite letter to the speaker requesting the commons presence in the chamber whereupon she reams them all a new asshole in that high pitched voice of hers. She's been a good girl for half a century, so she is permitted one moment to really bash someone over the head with a scepter.

It's starting to look like this may be the time. She almost certainly won't though and that is a shame.

Last edited:

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a problem for them, especially the Tories. They've got half their head in what's good for the country, and half their head in what's good for them. Any Brexit, and especially a no deal Brexit is going to lead inevitably to the breakup of the united kingdom. First Scotland will vote for independence and then the Irish republicans will sweep the next elections and follow suit. The economy will be fucked beyond repair and all the banks who are only here based on history and intertia will bugger off to the continent. Balancing these facts, the Tories have to contend with the idea that now they've opened this dumbshit pandora's box, if they fail to deliver then the crazy/racist half of the party is going to fuck off to UKIP and that's the end of them until such time as FPTP is replaced by some fairer electoral system.

They've got to try to deliver the softest Brexit or no Brexit at all in such a way that it seems like it's not their fault, hence two years to fucking about achieving nothing.

I suggest a bill to revoke article 50 and to have a ceremonial burning of David Cameron in a wicker man to unite the country. That seems like the best solution all round.

Last edited:

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a problem for them, especially the Tories. They've got half their head in what's good for the country, and half their head in what's good for them. Any Brexit, and especially a no deal Brexit is going to lead inevitably to the breakup of the united kingdom. First Scotland will vote for independence and then the Irish republicans will sweep the next elections and follow suit. The economy will be fucked beyond repair and all the banks who are only here based on history and intertia will bugger off to the continent. Balancing these facts, the Tories have to contend with the idea that now they've opened this dumbshit pandora's box, if they fail to deliver then the crazy/racist half of the party is going to fuck off to UKIP and that's the end of them until such time as FPTP is replaced by some fairer electoral system.

They've got to try to deliver the softest Brexit or no Brexit at all in such a way that it seems like it's not their fault, hence two years to fucking about achieving nothing.

I suggest a bill to revoke article 50 and to have a ceremonial burning of David Cameron in a wicker man to unite the country. That seems like the best solution all round.
Yes to the effigy, no to the revocation of Article 50. Overdrive it and open free-trade Britain.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any Brexit, and especially a no deal Brexit is going to lead inevitably to the breakup of the united kingdom. First Scotland will vote for independence and then the Irish republicans will sweep the next elections and follow suit. The economy will be fucked beyond repair and all the banks who are only here based on history and intertia will bugger off to the continent.
Hmmm. Europhile, supports proportional representation, believes Project Fear...

Hey! Guys! I think I've found the Lib Dem voter!

To address your post substantively, [citation needed].

Scotland will not vote for independence solely to get back into the EU because the EU has specifically said, in the run up to indyref1, that Scotland doesn't qualify for EU membership other than as part of the UK. In addition, they are too poor, too wee, and too stupid to go it alone. There's a reason that James I came down to London to take the crown of the country who'd chopped his mother's head off as opposed to staying up in Edinburgh and running England as a colony.

If the banks were to flee, they would have done it by now. I suggest you go back to that Guido link I posted to you with his "Despite Brexit" archives. Since 29 March 2017, it has been a matter of law that we leave, deal or no, on 29 March 2019. Yet despite this, they have ruled out moving operations to the continent, and have signed lengthy and expensive leases on current or even larger offices. You don't do that if you are going to up sticks and bugger off.

Also, Irish republicans wanting independence? NBL. That would require Sinn Fein to take their seats at Westminster if they were to seek to push through an act giving the North to the Republic and entering the confines of Parliament is anathema to many Irish republicans. You may wish to listen to the Radio 4 Today programme on catch-up, which this morning had a rather interesting segment on the Irish border and how they intend to do away from the border checks and customs declarations, you know, the thing that doesn't exist but which Macron has built in northern France.

a ceremonial burning of David Cameron in a wicker man
Okay, I can get behind that. Sumer is icumen in, loudly sing cuckoo.

I live in an agricultural area as well. Might be good to guarantee the fertility of our fields.

EDIT: Just spotted this on the BBC website:

So if it's not in the EU's interest to have no deal, why in the name of sanity are we voting to take it off the table? Congratufuckinglations.

The incompetence of this government knows no bounds. And frankly I'm starting to think that a lot of our parliamentarians are secretly in the pocket of Brussels or there's kompromat on them. Conspiratarded? Possibly, yes, but it's getting to the point at which mere incompetence isn't entirely credible as an explanation for this any more.

Last edited:

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ugh. The fix is well and truly in. They'll try to get an extension to A50 and I suspect the EU will bite on it because it means they can subject us to £1bn-per-month penalty clauses that they were talking about and similar bumrape.
Want to see a Trump-like movement? Steal £1bn a month off of the british people and see what happens come next election.

Slimy Time

kiwifarms.net
The delay is a scam, how are they going to do anything in the single year that they couldn't have done since the 2016 vote? It's do something now or no deal and fuck off with another referendum, remain lost deal with it.
Next thing you know is they will either ask for a second extension, or come to the insane decision to suspend Article 50 indefinitely until they come to an agreement (never).

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
The fun thing is if we are still in come June we need to have elections for MEPs. That will be a bloodbath for the mainstream parties and send a lot of extra annoyance the EU's way.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ffs it was so close to all finally being over with that 308-312 vote on no-deal.

I'd be seriously concerned that we aren't actually going to leave, but fortunately we've dicked around so much the rest of the EU is absolutely sick of us at this point.
No kidding. To me, the worst thing that could happen would be a second referendum with the opposite result.
I don't favor Brexit, but ffs, that's what people voted for, so pull your shit together, UK, and get on with it.

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
No kidding. To me, the worst thing that could happen would be a second referendum with the opposite result.
I don't favor Brexit, but ffs, that's what people voted for, so pull your shit together, UK, and get on with it.
There are remainers out there who honestly think the genie can be jammed back into the bottle. The think if they get another referendum with remain winning that this will all just go away.

Beautiful Border

kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry but I don't understand why this place is so pro-Brexit. If we leave the EU then that means that we will receive less migration from the rest of Europe... and more migration from elsewhere. We're going to end up kicking out Frenchmen, Germans, Italians, Poles, Czechs... and replacing them with more blacks and muslims to fill up the gaps they left. Brexit is going to brown the country up even more, and that's the absolute last thing we need.

And that's not even getting into the economic damage, and the chaos it could cause in Northern Ireland again. Brexit will also mean that we will lose the right to live and work in the rest of Europe without hassle. So we're getting rid of our own rights, damaging the economy, potentially causing Scotland and Northern Ireland to break away, all for... what? Can anyone please tell me what we're actually getting out of this mess?

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry but I don't understand why this place is so pro-Brexit. If we leave the EU then that means that we will receive less migration from the rest of Europe... and more migration from elsewhere. We're going to end up kicking out Frenchmen, Germans, Italians, Poles, Czechs... and replacing them with more blacks and muslims to fill up the gaps they left. Brexit is going to brown the country up even more, and that's the absolute last thing we need.

And that's not even getting into the economic damage, and the chaos it could cause in Northern Ireland again. Brexit will also mean that we will lose the right to live and work in the rest of Europe without hassle. So we're getting rid of our own rights, damaging the economy, potentially causing Scotland and Northern Ireland to break away, all for... what? Can anyone please tell me what we're actually getting out of this mess?
The chance to tell the browns that are flooding into Italy and Greece to fuck off if they're not useful
The chance to tell Brussels to suck eggs when they try to tell us what to do in order to stay in their little clique
Saving money to go towards more worthy projects than some fucking Romanian girl band
Slapping Scotland's shit.
Dealing with who we want on our own terms.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino