Disaster Brexit: "Technical terms" agreed - Chequers minus, as feared, or Brexit in name only.

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
kiwifarms.net
Lads on a scale of sensual love making to dry anal rape how fucked are we right now? Watching the news this morning and parliament have voted to force another extension by the margin of one vote.

It’s clear at this point since we can’t leave on a no deal basis since that was tossed out the only other option is a general election.
The UK can't "force" an extension. Any extension requires the consent of the EU. This bill mandates that May seek an extension.

In other works, this whole bill was a waste of time, Parliament arguing with itself yet again over something which it does not control when they should have been working on the terms we're going to leave on.

What a shit show, I really hope Macron tells us to get fucked. If we have to take part in the EU elections I'm voting for the most anti-EU candidate I can find.

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
Well a second referendum is now on the cards, with a massive poll coming out showing that only Scotland and London want to remain in the EU. Everywhere else they want to leave on WTO terms.

Most of the public also now want shot of her on both sides of the vote.
Yeah, but what's the best that the remoaners in parliament would bitch until we have a referendum with deal, no deal and remain to split the leave vote.

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but what's the best that the remoaners in parliament would bitch until we have a referendum with deal, no deal and remain to split the leave vote.
Most people I'm seeing talking about it for options is the Withdrawal Agreement (aka Remain, but worse) or Remain.

All this is showing a lot of people is the old parties are hopelessly out of touch and corrupt. To the point people are being told to go away in no uncertain terms.

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
Most people I'm seeing talking about it for options is the Withdrawal Agreement (aka Remain, but worse) or Remain.

All this is showing a lot of people is the old parties are hopelessly out of touch and corrupt. To the point people are being told to go away in no uncertain terms.
I can't wait for the Withdrawal Agreement to get a majority so that we can have another two years of MPs debating whether people really knew what they were voting for and that maybe they really wanted the Withdrawal Agreement AND a customs union.

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
Isn't the point of the EU to let the unsuccessful euro states tell the successful ones what to do? The EU needs semi-working economies like the UK to prop up the not so working ones.
The point of the EU is to prevent the Frogs and Krauts from starting another world war, which is why all EU institutions are in the border region between the two states, and why its headquartered in a country that is a literal fusion of their two cultures.

And once you discount the UK, EU monetary policy is more about letting the China of Europe (Germany, with 35-40% of its GDP being exported, mostly to EU member states) screw over all the Mediterranean and Eastern European states in their slavish devotion to controlling Europe in a non-military fashion.

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait for the Withdrawal Agreement to get a majority so that we can have another two years of MPs debating whether people really knew what they were voting for and that maybe they really wanted the Withdrawal Agreement AND a customs union.
The current crop of MPs are behaving as they are because they've become so hideously insulated and they're writing off any anger on the doorstep as a flash in the pan, or because they simply don't care, being the "representative" and nothing more.

At present they're demonstrating to people how fragile our system really is to this kind of cabal like behaviour.

But as the above shows... and if a party can find and exploit that on a betrayal narrative? There's a lot to play for.

Potentially anything of up to 27-30% of the electorate is up for grabs for a new party if it gets its act together. The Conservatives are currently facing the potential of volunteers leaving the party in their droves again, possibly on a larger scale than before when UKIP began breaking through and threatening seats.

Nearly every local election going right now is a Brexit voting area, there's very few metro zones that didn't vote remain as is, this time around UKIP is bound to hoover up a lot of votes and seats, but weirdly the Greens might enjoy a bounce out of protest as well.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WELCOMING IN THE NEW YEAR
kiwifarms.net
Nearly every local election going right now is a Brexit voting area, there's very few metro zones that didn't vote remain as is, this time around UKIP is bound to hoover up a lot of votes and seats, but weirdly the Greens might enjoy a bounce out of protest as well.
It's not that strange, the Greens are fairly popular in the more...affluent (affluent's not the right word) areas that vote Con. The Lib-Dems were but you know what happened to them.

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
The big problem I (and plenty of others) will have come a GE is do I vote for my very leave supporting incumbent Tory MP or vote to try and create a leave party/UKIP government/coalition of some kind. My current MP is in favor of going no deal and has strongly voted that way so I'm all for the guy continuing but then I don't want another shower of shit Tory mess and voting to try and get a significant UKIP/leave party in the next parliament could well be splitting the vote 3 ways and ending up with the commies shitting up the place.

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
The big problem I (and plenty of others) will have come a GE is do I vote for my very leave supporting incumbent Tory MP or vote to try and create a leave party/UKIP government/coalition of some kind. My current MP is in favor of going no deal and has strongly voted that way so I'm all for the guy continuing but then I don't want another shower of shit Tory mess and voting to try and get a significant UKIP/leave party in the next parliament could well be splitting the vote 3 ways and ending up with the commies shitting up the place.
You'd still be fine because technically the leave Torys and the Leave party would both vote together against the commies. Or more likely form some sort of coalition government to keep the commies out in the first place.

cecograph

kiwifarms.net
Today was the first time I've ever watched a debate in the House of Lords. I had no idea how fucking gay our democracy is.

That said, it's made me feel genuinely glad that we have the Lords. They (like the US Senate) are supposed to act as a brake on the Commons, which is exactly what is needed at the moment. There were a few Lords who were quite pissed off with the Commons (that other place) assuming their bill could be rushed through the Lords. The Lords won't be rushed on this one.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino