Disaster Brexit: "Technical terms" agreed - Chequers minus, as feared, or Brexit in name only.

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like the "shy Tory" phenomenon on steroids. . .or hormones.
The problem is you can't run a party without anyone there to fucking run it. Of the "main" political parties, the Tories are shrinking at an alarming rate despite holding huge political sway. They're struggling to fill council wards (here my own council ward has someone standing from the opposite side of Pillockville) and it's starting to show with the way the party creaks and groans trying to fill seats.

Reactions: Unog and BR55

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
Brexit: Cabinet minister David Gauke accepts second referendum amendment 'inevitable'

A second referendum amendment being tabled to any Brexit deal Theresa May returns to the Commons with appears to be "inevitable", the cabinet minister David Gauke has said.

As the prime minister travels to Paris and Berlin in a last-minute dash to secure support for an extension to the Article 50 negotiating period, the justice secretary also appeared downbeat about critical talks at Westminster producing a resolution.

With just 24 hours to go until Ms May heads to the emergency EU summit, Mr Gauke said it was "too early" to tell whether discussions between the government and Jeremy Corbyn's Labour would result in any agreement.

Asked about the prospect of a "confirmatory referendum" on the prime minister's Brexit deal, he insisted a fresh public vote would be "divisive rather than decisive" and claimed in his own discussions with Ms May she had made her opposition towards a second referendum "very clear".

But he told BBC's Radio 4 Today programme: "There is a point here to distinguish between the talks with the Labour Party that are ongoing and what will inevitably happen when we bring a withdrawal agreement through the Commons is that somebody will bring forward an amendment on whether there should be a confirmatory referendum."

If such an amendment is brought forward, however, it is unclear whether it would command the support of the Commons - given that during to rounds of indicative votes in recent weeks have failed to produce a majority among MPs for such a route.

Speaking after the Labour leader criticised Ms May in the Brexit talks for failing to compromise on her "red lines", Mr Gauke insisted they had been "constructive", but that further discussions at the Cabinet Office today would need to "be held at a pace".

His remarks also came as a government aide said he was ready to defy the whips by addressing a rally in support of a fresh referendum on Tuesday in central London.

Huw Merriman, a Conservative MP and parliamentary private secretary to the chancellor Philip Hammond, admitted it was "likely" his appearance at the People's Vote rally would cost him his government role.

Now bare in mind this is from the super remain "Independent" so of course they'll be jizzing themselves over the prospect of a second referendum.

How have they not learns the lesson that the referendum outcome was driven in part by a deep rooted anger towards the "elites"? What do they expect to happen if they just go "nah, we're not listening" to the result?

ConfederateIrishman

kiwifarms.net
Brexit: Cabinet minister David Gauke accepts second referendum amendment 'inevitable'

Now bare in mind this is from the super remain "Independent" so of course they'll be jizzing themselves over the prospect of a second referendum.

How have they not learns the lesson that the referendum outcome was driven in part by a deep rooted anger towards the "elites"? What do they expect to happen if they just go "nah, we're not listening" to the result?
I mean, having a country keep voting until the EU gets what it wants is not unheard of

BR55

kiwifarms.net

Well you see the people voted "The Wrong Way" in 2016 so therefore the UK needs to keep voting until the "Correct" decision is reached...Of course once/if said "Correct" decision is reached you can sure that it will be held up as nothing less than a mandate from God and there will be no talk of any more referendums after that.
These self declared "Lovers of Democracy" are so pathetically transparent aren't they?

cecograph

kiwifarms.net
I'd love a second referendum. The political fallout from that will be fucking epic.

Brexit was always doomed to be a clusterfuck. Parliament is sovereign, and parliament didn't want Brexit, but promised it anyway. All that was left for the rest of us to do was sit back and watch the constitutional crisis unfold. Hopefully, at least one of the major parties will be destroyed by the end of it.

David Cameron, you absolute legend....

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
I'd love a second referendum. The political fallout from that will be fucking epic.

Brexit was always doomed to be a clusterfuck. Parliament is sovereign, and parliament didn't want Brexit, but promised it anyway. All that was left for the rest of us to do was sit back and watch the constitutional crisis unfold. Hopefully, at least one of the major parties will be destroyed by the end of it.

David Cameron, you absolute legend....
I don't think either major party is coming out of this well. The Tories for obvious reasons, they have fucked up every step of the way.

Labour on the other hand has it's main presence in the old industrial working class places in the North and those places were heavily in favor of leaving. That is the reason that Labour stood on a leave manifesto at the last GE because they knew they were screwed in their main seats if they tried towing the remain line.

As soon as I saw the results of the referendum I said that was the end of party politics in the UK as it was up until that point and we'd basically end up with two new parties arising from the ashes, a leave and a remain party.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I can vote for him I will. At this point why not just make this whole thing a giant shitpost it's not like parliament or the EU care about anything besides what they want.
Likewise. I'm almost certainly going for UKIP/Brexit Party straight ticket.

But then again, since the European Parliament has no real power, is it really likely to achieve anything in the long run?

I think shitposting all over Brussels is a worthy end though.

Ubiquitous

kiwifarms.net
Oh, and there's nothing wrong with chlorinated chicken or hormone-boosted livestock. They're perfectly safe and I bet you any money that you couldn't tell the difference in a double blind taste test (assuming they're both used in the same dish cooked the same way etc.) Do you go swimming? Well you've been dipped in the same chlorine solution, pretty much, as that chicken, only at a lower concentration. Do you clean your kitchen? You probably use very similar things.

Learn to chemistry.
Occasionally swimming in a public pool and using bleach to clean surfaces is a bit different from ingesting the stuff. I don't use bleach to clean my kitchen; that's for the bathroom.

KeyserBroze

Sleep is for people who run out of Cocaine
kiwifarms.net
Likewise. I'm almost certainly going for UKIP/Brexit Party straight ticket.

But then again, since the European Parliament has no real power, is it really likely to achieve anything in the long run?

I think shitposting all over Brussels is a worthy end though.
Looks as though the Brexit party is polling much higher than UKIP, thankfully it seems the split may not be that big

Last edited:

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Occasionally swimming in a public pool and using bleach to clean surfaces is a bit different from ingesting the stuff. I don't use bleach to clean my kitchen; that's for the bathroom.
And then when they're rinsed it off afterwards, what concentration do you think you ingest?

Reactions: Unog

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Frankly, if the Uk doesn't have their shit together and any kind of plan for Brexit on the table, ready to be signed by the EU and UK the day before the elections of the EU parliament, the EU should just give the UK the boot. Or give them an extension at the downside that they have to abstain from partaking in that election in any way, shape or form. Anything else would be a farce. even more of a farce than what we have seen this far.

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
kiwifarms.net
Looks as though the Brexit party is polling much higher than UKIP, thankfully it seems the split may not be that big

View attachment 721039
Vote splitting isn't such a problem in Euro elections since it's proportional representation. So yeah, go ahead and vote for Lord Buckethead or whoever. Hope we get some good meme candidates in the south west.

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
The EU's just delayed Brexit until the 31st of October. Spooky and very depressing.
Great so that means we have to have European parliament elections. That means we can shit up the place with actively hostile MEPs and tell the major parties where to stick it at the same time.

Also more utter bullshit from the independent

Screenshot_20190411-004404.png

Oh yeah labour are so popular right now. Remind me how your polls held up in 2016 again.

Orange//Net

kiwifarms.net
Jon Stone is basically Labour's press department. Yeah I'm also excited to fuck over the major parties in the EU elections. What I'm not excited about is that we'll be in the same position on halloween or the 17th of October EU summit. This extension isn't long enough for anything major to happen (like a leadership contest or general election), but it's long enough to kill off no deal for 6 months.

Also the MEPs that get voted in may not even sit in the EU Parliament. Brexit hurts me.

This is what I'm talking about. This is why I'm not jumping for joy.

Uggh

Though no deal might have some life in it yet, if there's no EU elections.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unog
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino