Disaster Brexit: "Technical terms" agreed - Chequers minus, as feared, or Brexit in name only.

TheImportantFart

Fartscape
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
60340724_2479573688768355_4975070204770910208_n.jpg

This is another played-out tactic I see from Remoaners all the time which needs to fucking stop - equating criticism of the EU, a fucking government bureaucracy, with criticism of the continent of Europe, which is a completely separate thing. You need to be either extremely stupid or extremely dishonest to equate the two.

Also, can these fucks stop pretending they don't hate Britain already? They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 760176

This is another played-out tactic I see from Remoaners all the time which needs to fucking stop - equating criticism of the EU, a fucking government bureaucracy, with criticism of the continent of Europe, which is a completely separate thing. You need to be either extremely stupid or extremely dishonest to equate the two.

Also, can these fucks stop pretending they don't hate Britain already? They're not even trying to hide it anymore.
We would not be forced to do anything. We give so much money to the EBU that we get a free pass to the Eurovision final each year. If this worked the temptation to troll them back by having the contest in the Falkland Islands and making them drag their arses down there at huge expense which we wouldn't pay for would be very great. Then have a live stream from Farage as an interval act on the subject of why the EU should FRO.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Keeper of the sacred ointment.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 760176

Hey guys let’s troll Britain by voting for its entry thereby propelling him into mainstream stardom and vast wealth. After that Britain will have to host Eurovision next bringing a large boost to the local economy of whatever city they host it in (probably London).

Checkmate Brexit!!!

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Don't Join campaign collapsed and sank beneath the waves so quickly it was downright hilarious.

Instead, the "Millennial campaign" has worked far better by asking "selfish" millenials and zoomers to challenge the sterotypes surrounding them and spinning things.

The latest one is in the same vein, spinning mundane jobs such as Delivery Driver and Warehouse Stockist as organised and determined individuals with buckets of potential that the Army wants to unlock.

=====================

Choice caps as I was out last night:

I think the Ruddites can go and fight for the same scrappy electorate that the Lib Dems, Greens, Labour and CUK's all chase after. Whatever's left can be absorbed into TBP.

Lilico, proving once again he'd miss the point even if you stabbed it into his eye.

"The Putrid Parliament" gets my vote.

Genius. What cheek of the voters, eh? Expecting their choice to be carried out.

EDIT: Also, this semi-unrelated hilarity to show how fucking tone deaf the BBC has become:

#twentiestakeover just said "veganism is massive for people in their twenties"

2.25%.

It's literally less popular than UKIP.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

CUK "Rally" in Bath.

Seeing a lot of chatter about the CUK rally in Brum being a hilarious shithow, with 9 speakers talking to an audience of 5.

Here's a picture:

Original tweet: https://twitter.com/YvetteHenson/status/1128763013220245507

EDIT: TBP has picked its final venue before the Euros.

The Olympia London - Capacity 4,000-10,000.

"Brown Trousers" moment would be if they could fill it for the traditional parties, methinks.

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
kiwifarms.net
May is in talks with senior Tories about naming her resignation date

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-news-live-senior-tory-mps-to-demand-theresa-may-resignation-date-in-1922-committee-meeting-a4143511.html

http://archive.li/RX0O4

Theresa May has met with senior Tories amid calls for her to set a resignation date.

The Prime Minister met members of the executive of the 1922 Committee of backbench Conservative MPs as they demand for her to set a clear timetable for her departure.

The meeting with the Tory grandees came after Mrs May announced the Withdrawal Agreement Bill will be brought to the Commons in early June.

The legislation writes the Brexit agreement into law and represents a fresh attempt to secure Parliament's support for a deal which has already been rejected three times by MPs, including the heaviest defeat ever suffered by a Government.
As much as I disagree with her, I have to admit it's funny how the fucking idiots in the Conservative Party have failed so many times to dislodge her.

I guess that famed Tory ruthlessness in getting rid of leaders when they become an electoral liability doesn't exist any more. Part of the problem I suspect is that the majority of MPs are Remainers and they don't want her to go for fear someone who actually believes in Brexit will take over. The problem with that is that the majority of their potential voters want that to happen.

Like the parliamentary Labour Party the parliamentary Conservative Party is complete at odds with the members. The PLP hates Corbyn and the members clearly like him. The parliamentary Conservative Party hates Brexit but the members like it.

Last edited:

Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As much as I disagree with her, I have to admit it's funny how the fucking idiots in the Conservative Party have failed so many times to dislodge her.

I guess that famed Tory ruthlessness in getting rid of leaders when they become an electoral liability doesn't exist any more. Part of the problem I suspect is that the majority of MPs are Remainers and they don't want her to go for fear someone who actually believes in Brexit will take over. The problem with that is that the majority of their potential voters want that to happen.

Like the parliamentary Labour Party the parliamentary Conservative Party is complete at odds with the members. The PLP hates Corbyn and the members clearly like him. The parliamentary Conservative Party hates Brexit but the members like it.
The issue is two MP's have basically fucked up the parties abilities to ditch duff leaders.

The first was Labour, when some drunk MP took a swipe at someone, and as part of reforms the membership had a vaster say on who could run for leader. This was then compounded by Labour's £3 members (the majority of whom make up the 500,000 figure the party constantly boasts) who also all got a vote. Thus Corbyn is nigh on untouchable.

The Tories meanwhile, had a "modernisation" under David Cameron, prior to him the 1922 committee was an optional club inside the Tory Parliamentary Party which tended to have the majority of MPs inside of it, and was normally big enough to tell a leader when it was time to fuck off. Cameron's reform forced all backbench MPs into the club, thus filling it entirely with wets who're closer to Lib Dems than they are actual conservatives.

The end result was the wets can now keep May in for as long as they want to in order to destroy Brexit, before walking off into a consultancy job post-MP Career.

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net
I think the Ruddites can go and fight for the same scrappy electorate that the Lib Dems, Greens, Labour and CUK's all chase after. Whatever's left can be absorbed into TBP.
I think TBP will do well in the Euro elections, and I'm glad that a pro Leave party will. Still what will happen in the long run? At this point Farage and his cronies have hand picked all their candidates and the party has no manifesto. It has supporters but not members. The candidates run from the Trots like MEP candidate Claire Fox, Tankies/Baathists like George Galloway, environmentalists and ex Conservatives like Ann Widdecombe. All these people will get on like cats in a sack, and it's hard to imagine anything they can agree on apart from Brexit. And the members have no vote on anything.

Maybe it will be like the old school, 'broad church' and ideologically vapid Conservative party where leaders 'emerged' from smoke filled rooms full of grandees and then just wrote a technocratic manifesto. That party was remarkably successful, but those were in less ideologically charged days of Butskellism.

https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095538813

Term popularized in Great Britain during the 1950s, coined in The Economist by merging the names of two successive Chancellors of the Exchequer, Labour's Hugh Gaitskell (1950–1) and the Conservative R. A. Butler (1951–5). Both favoured a ‘mixed economy’, a strong welfare state, and Keynesian demand management designed to ensure full employment.
There's no such consensus now.

IMO it would actually be better if we had a bunch of parties with a narrow ideological focus all competing for power. Hell, chuck in proportional representation with preference voting so you end up with coalitions forming. That seems like a more viable alternative than trying to replicate the 1950's Conservative party.

Then I could vote UKIP, Brexit, Conservative in order. Remainers might vote CUK, Lib Dem, Labour. This is assuming that the Conservatives come out pro Leave and Labour comes out pro Remain. At this point both of the main parties want to have it both ways in an attempt to appeal to both sides of the Leave/Remain divide. I suspect this is a bad idea and is why they're both in deep trouble. Maybe what will happen is that Conservative and Labour will just break up into yet more new parties with a tighter ideological focus and then all the parties will run in the new proportional representation system.

Last edited:

Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think TBP will do well in the Euro elections, and I'm glad that a pro Leave party will. Still what will happen in the long run? At this point Farage and his cronies have hand picked all their candidates and the party has no manifesto. It has supporters but not members. The candidates run from the Trots like MEP candidate Claire Fox, Tankies/Baathists like George Galloway, environmentalists and ex Conservatives like Ann Widdecombe. All these people will get on like cats in a sack, and it's hard to imagine anything they can agree on apart from Brexit. And the members have no vote on anything.

Maybe it will be like the old school, 'broad church' and ideologically vapid Conservative party where leaders 'emerged' from smoke filled rooms full of grandees and then just wrote a technocratic manifesto. That party was remarkably successful, but those were in less ideologically charged days of Butskellism.

https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095538813
Honestly? It's probably time for a new style of political party, as it seems increasingly the "old ways" are not working.

TBP seems to be doing things significantly differently than the old parties, and assuming you have to look at everything through the prism of the old, traditional UK parties is not comparable. In the same way you're playing to the "cats in a sack" due to differing ideologies.

The threat is obviously great enough that this is a Party of Notional Unity, if not National Unity. If they can ignore the largest democratic vote in UK history, then they can simply do whatever they like and they cannot be left to their own devices to do this.

While it only has "supporters" there's also an awful, awful lot of them very suddenly, and all quite willing to shell out £25 for the privilege. This movement is far, far larger than UKIP ever was.

Indeed, it seems to be being set up more akin to a business and grassroots movement than a normal political party. While there's "the chosen" they're operating somewhat on the basis of the supporters being the customers. They piss the customers off? They go find another place to "spend" their vote. This is why it has a leading party board as opposed to "delegated layers".

So far, the party is very skeletal still, you keep forgetting, despite how quickly it's arrived and how rapidly its grown it's just 5 weeks old.

They've only just begun to ask for local constituency "organisers" to be the next rung down from the county and Regional coordinators they already have to hand.

There's also going to be a new, entirely online policy decision making process from the supporters into the future, who will help shape and vote upon any policy TBP puts forward, if it's rejected by the supporters, it doesn't go forward. The hope is people will also be able to write in comments or ideas that could also be voted on.

We're seeing something very different being built going forward.

Oh, and Wired is showing that TBP is winning the Facebook War by country miles, suggesting the upset come May 26th (when the votes are counted) might be more than the polls suggest.

Keystone

kiwifarms.net
We would not be forced to do anything. We give so much money to the EBU that we get a free pass to the Eurovision final each year. If this worked the temptation to troll them back by having the contest in the Falkland Islands and making them drag their arses down there at huge expense which we wouldn't pay for would be very great. Then have a live stream from Farage as an interval act on the subject of why the EU should FRO.
"Eurovision: Live from Goose Green" has a good ring to it :lol:

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net
All hail our future Prime Minister.

Oh well. It's terrible but it could be worse. Hell it probably will be worse.

This years guest contestants a choir made up of surviving crew members of the Belgrano
In the middle of it the UK could announce a Nuclear Posture Review where it says it won't use nuclear weapons against a non nuclear power unless that non nuclear power "invades any UK territory, including British Overseas Territories".

Muahahaha!

Reactions: Unog and CWCissey

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh well. It's terrible but it could be worse. Hell it probably will be worse.

In the middle of it the UK could announce a Nuclear Posture Review where it says it won't use nuclear weapons against a non nuclear power unless that non nuclear power "invades any UK territory, including British Overseas Territories".

Muahahaha!
And our entry could be called "Gotcha" by the Stick It Up Your Juntas.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino