• I ORDERED A FUCKING PIZZA

Votes: 369 21.2%
  • Moon Rocks Wu

Votes: 281 16.1%

• Total voters

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Hole no longer smoking
kiwifarms.net
Never mind the polycount John, what about the salt-and-hash methods used to create this model?

View attachment 724719
In my mind I said "John, you mong, that's the zbrush sculpture" then I checked that tweet because I was already there to peep that alpha channel,

How dare you bring up privilege when I, John Flynt, grew up a poor black girl!!

View attachment 725134
He's really flying close to the sun here acting like a self-made (wu)man.

Want a computer? Your parents will just buy whatever you want.
Want a car? Parents. They have money.
Want to learn piano? See above.
Learn electrical wiring? They can afford replacing the broken stuff.
Program PSX games? Have them buy a Yaroze.
Start a business? $250,000 baby!

The problem is almost certainly that the particles are set to change size(and other properties) based on the speed of the emitter. When the emitter freaks out and starts moving and rotating at impossible speeds, the particles just do what they are told. If Wu was filling out a bug report, it would be closed with the comment that the particle system is fine and had no bugs.
You're spot on, that was my thought as well.

I read the tweet as a joke first, a joke in the style of "there's your problem, air is getting in the carburetor" but Wu's game expertise is no laughing matter so of course he was serious, even got 7 likes out of it(maybe they thought it was a joke as well?).

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
AOC drank wine and put together ikea furniture while doing g her typical “reeeeeee At Republicans” schtick on camera.

View attachment 725134
“I had privilege but I grew up in Mississippi” means nothing. Playing piano is not on the same level as fixing a beater or fishing, idiot.

Poor people can’t just build a piano.

Dr. Merkwurdichliebe

Kiwiminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 725134
"What working class family owns a fucking piano?"

Ronnie seems to be a complete dumbass. You can buy a working, in-tune upright or spinet piano for under $400. Any working class family that wants one can easily afford it.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Ronnie seems to be a complete dumbass. You can buy a working, in-tune upright or spinet piano for under $400. Any working class family that wants one can easily afford it.
What, you mean not every piano is a Bosendorfer Imperial Grand with 97 keys that costs more than a house?

Karl Franz

Flying Monster
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Looks like an alpha in a particle effect not rendering correctly." Now, I'm just a simple country chicken and don't know jack shit about coding games, but I'm guessing that this is complete idiocy. Am I right? More to the point, anyone who points to R60 as their sole "achievement" has nothing of value to say about game quality. Ever.
Complete bullshit. Point of this video is burning blimp spinning weirdly after hitting a plane, physics issue. "Alpha" is a transparency layer, and "particle" is something emitted from set point, like those fire tongues. Nothing wrong with these.

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Complete bullshit. Point of this video is burning blimp spinning weirdly after hitting a plane, physics issue. "Alpha" is a transparency layer, and "particle" is something emitted from set point, like those fire tongues. Nothing wrong with these.
Perhaps even more interesting than the gibberish itself, what's the thought process behind the gibberish?
Does she really think she knows what she's talking about? That'd be Dunning-Kruger taken to a pathological extreme, whereby you're just stringing together chains of words that are subject relevant, but that you don't really understand, convinced that the final combination actually means something.
Alternatively, does she do this out of some perverted glee in seeing how far she can go with the masquerade before anyone calls her out? Just how much gibberish it's possible to spew without the whole edifice of lies crashing down.

Winnie the Poohnani

Man has entered the forest.
kiwifarms.net

There used to be (and might still be, for all I know) a condescending belief among hardcore blues aficionados that "the piano is an instrument of the bourgeoisie" and that the true, authentic blues could only come from an old negro with a battered acoustic guitar, strung with baling wire, playing on the back porch of a shotgun shack in rural Mississippi, while drinking sterno.

Despite there being a piano in almost every juke joint that ever existed.

Thank god we've got this idiot telling us what he knows about the "working class" that he's never personally met. You can actually get working pianos for free or a nominal fee from people who don't want to wait forever to find a buyer and just need to get rid of theirs.

Ruminant

kiwifarms.net
Perhaps even more interesting than the gibberish itself, what's the thought process behind the gibberish?
Does she really think she knows what she's talking about? That'd be Dunning-Kruger taken to a pathological extreme, whereby you're just stringing together chains of words that are subject relevant, but that you don't really understand, convinced that the final combination actually means something.
Alternatively, does she do this out of some perverted glee in seeing how far she can go with the masquerade before anyone calls her out? Just how much gibberish it's possible to spew without the whole edifice of lies crashing down.
I think Dunning-Kruger gets invoked a lot regarding Wu, and it is no doubt true, but she really just reminds me of a kid trying to impress their friends with their gaming knowledge. She read some marketing blurb about the new console and just has to repeat it even if she has no idea what it means like, "Hey fellow kids, did you know Genesis does what Ninten-Don't", but completely without irony.
Wu just strikes me as a person who never grew up or learned from their mistakes. Normal people might say, "Oh I just talked out of my ass and got caught; that felt bad. Maybe I should learn more about this topic so as to not make a fool of myself". Whereas Wu just believes the people who called her out are the wrong ones and there is no reason for HER to change.
It's bears repeating that Wu is truly a marketing department's wet dream. Not only will she believe whatever half-truths and outright lies they spin to make the product look good(like bigger numbers must be better), she will spread those other idiots she knows without any sort of critical thought.

Reactions: Pocket_Sand!

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Hole no longer smoking
kiwifarms.net
Does she really think she knows what she's talking about?
That's a tough question. He probably knows what an alpha channel is at some level, or maybe not, it's fucking broken on his campaign banners, but why he thinks it would speed up, deform and elongate the flames to absurd levels is truly puzzling. That part is some real "1-2-3-....-banana cake" jump in logic.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
John has a cycle of spewing nonsensical buzzwords that don't mean anything, then screeching about mansplaining the moment anyone points out he's talking absolute nonsense and obviously has no clue what he's talking about, even if the person explaining it to him is a woman.

Dizzydent

kiwifarms.net
Wu would hear a stuttering car and then go confidently tell the owner 'well you obviously have dirty sparkplugs which wI'll have to be fixed immediately and post on twitter how she helped a man with his car problems and when the guy takes it to the shop it turns out it was a corroded fuel line. But he should still be thankful and donate to the campaign cause she was 80% right since the sparkplugs ignite the fuel. But it's a diesel...

RandomNobody

kiwifarms.net

To be fair, outside of a few brands/models, pianos have terrible resale value (organs too) and you can find them on Craigslist for free if you're willing to pick them up. They are too heavy/big and high maintenance (e.g. tuning), organs are stupid heavy. Nowadays people can buy electronic keyboards. People list pianos/organs on CL all the time and over time the price drops to zero or they call a removal company.

There's a piano removal company in NYC that goes around with a garbage truck smashing pianos all day.

nets_awesome

I want you to lose turdy pound in one munt.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The private party at GDC cost 800 bucks and change. I'll give it to Wu, she made a profit because that fat, creepy fuck Charlie Galvin gave her 1000 bucks.
She also spent $3500 on airfare, insurance (lol) and lodging to spend a week in “Silicon Valley to meet potential supporters”.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino