• I ORDERED A FUCKING PIZZA

Votes: 509 20.9%
  • Moon Rocks Wu

Votes: 401 16.4%

• Total voters

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Have some compassion, not all of us can keep up with 20-something-year-old sexual icon, multiple marathon champion, and bikini supermodel John W. Flynt.

View attachment 1399861
When he posts these cutesy marriage tweets they look like an attempt Family Circus or another shitty newspaper comic in tweet form.

Imagine being a real game developer who gave even the tiniest mouse shit about anything Apple were doing on the desktop. That's, what, 0.01% of your market? They've dropped support for OpenGL, they're never going to implement Vulkan so who gives a fuck? It's a dead platform for games that aren't primarily iOS releases, which means just cow clickers.
CUDA and OpenCL is no longer available as well. With the move to ARM and Apple's own GPUs morons like Wu won't even be able to buy the expensive Mac Pro to run Windows on.

Dizzydent

kiwifarms.net
He should just identify as Jobs.
John could never live up to Jobs, they're like polar opposites in every way.

Jobs: didnt care about critisism
John: critical of every tweet/article/comment

Jobs: lived a very private personal life
John: posts every last dinner hes made for years

Jobs: dresses casually to fit in
John: dresses "fancy" to look elite with no real reason sense of fashion

Jobs: "and just one more thing..."
John: brags about every little down to tying his shoe

Jobs: explained things simply so everyone would understand
John: uses as much techno jargon as possible to look smart usually mangling the definitions in the process making no sense

Jobs: leased one nice car every 6 months
John: owns 3 porches

Jobs: died of cancer
John: gives people cancer

Jobs: went quietly into the night
John: will probably write his own glowing eulogy and have a rev 60 themed casket

The Final Troondown

Title VII Protected Trans Nigga
kiwifarms.net

Eli Whitney

Inventor of the cotton gin!
kiwifarms.net
How long before John starts generating fake "blowback" emails from Apple?

What's his goal here? Does he think Apple is going to buy him off with some kind of lucrative, no-show consulting gig? Maybe an Apple-sponsored podcast featuring a tech-illiterate, hunchbacked goblin?

ETA:

Maybe this counts as "blowback." Some tranny-chasing, incompetent reporter from USA Today reached out to internationally renowned Hardware Engineer John for a comment on Apple's new processors. John's ignorant response was immediately slapped down by Apple in the next paragraph.

Game developer Bianna Wu warned that updating titles that rely on third-party game engines will range from “extremely difficult to completely infeasible” unless Apple gets those companies to rewrite their development tools.

Apple’s answer for hard-to-port releases is Rosetta 2, software that will run Intel-based apps in emulation on new Macs, in essence letting them think there’s still Intel inside.

Shipley gave Apple credit for making this emulation work “shockingly well” during the PowerPC-to-Intel transition: “I have high hopes for it.”

Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...at-does-its-silicon-mean-your-mac/3239776001/
Yeah, it was pretty funny reading John's interview because he cites a bunch of problems that are likely pretty trivial non-issues as being insurmountable and he seems to be completely oblivious to the big ones. His picture should be next to the definition of dilettante in the dictionary.

Most of the major game engines (unity, unreal) already target ARM based systems such as iOS which are all derived from Darwin (i.e. Mac OS). The engine itself has been running on ARM for what, at least a decade. Getting the design-time environment like the Unreal IDE/Editor and toolchain ported to ARM is likely not going to be a huge problem at all.

People who use Macs for real app development might have to rethink because using Intel based docker images will become much more difficult. But John isn't actually a developer, so he wouldn't know much about this.

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh look, it's part 1,042,952 of an ongoing series "lazy journalist interviews a fake woman, fake engineer about an issue that affects real women engineers."

I liked the bit about Wu's "the time I was recruited by Rockstar" which turns out to be walking past a woman handing out Rockstar recruiting flyers. :story:

But it's this bit that takes the cake:

1593078186844.png

Lets count the ways that this is /r/thathappened incarnate.

Firstly, Wu didn't speak at any universities in 2014. Nobody knew who Wu even was until October when she inserted herself in to gamergate. She didn't start getting invited to places to talk about her "harassment" until 2015. She spoke at Altconf in 2014 and was on a Pax East panel in 2014, that's about it. Nobody has ever invited Wu anywhere to give a technical talk, because why would they? She even blotted her copybook with the Boston Women in Games SIG by being her usual asshole self.

Next, Wu doesn't actually know anyone in the industry. She's never worked in games, has no contacts with anyone technical or otherwise. Wu doesn't even understand that being "connected with someone in HR" is pretty much the same as just going to the fucking website and looking at opportunities for student hiring. HR doesn't make hiring decisions. It just goes to show that Wu has never had a real job in her entire life.

Then this woman, who has just been sexually assaulted calls Wu at 2AM. Not the police, not her friends or Family. Brianna fucking Wu, a person she met once at a college talk. Is Wu in the habit of handing out her phone number to casual contacts? What would be the purpose of calling Wu anyway? It makes absolutely no sense.

I'm sure that women in the games industry face challenges in their work life that men don't, but how are we ever going to know their stories when all we get to hear about is the made up stuff that a crazy tranny wants to believe?

Grand Fucktard

kiwifarms.net
That never occurred to me, but I'm pretty sure you're right.
I wonder if it was part of the deal
"look, we'll send you to rehab and give you a couple hundred thousand to play tech titan, but you have to do us this one favor and tell people it wasn't our genes that created the abomination that is you"
Racist data sets, you're so right John, once I applied for a job and a data set walked up to me and said niggers need not apply, it was a crushing blow.

View attachment 1396019

Hey white man, sit down, shut up, and shove those Lincoln Logs up your ass and let quadruple PhD John Walker Flynt tell you how the world works.

View attachment 1396020
John is a shitty data scientist...well, OK, John isn't a scientist at all

"Can you base anything on an N of 1? Of course not" says Johnnie

anything?
yes, you can...existence

watch

Q : Is there life in the Universe?
A : Yes, Earth.

Q : Is Mark David Chapman a murderer?
A : Yes, John Lennon

S : All mammals do live birth
C : No, platypus

Q : Can you freeze a dog to death?
A : yes, John's late mopsicle of a dog

First he's bitching about twitter 'conversations' (I use that term very loosely) breaking down to a binary, but then he's the one that just shits overly sweeping, absolute claims out his mouth.

Last edited:

Water-T

MY PRECIOUSESSSSSS!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh look, it's part 1,042,952 of an ongoing series "lazy journalist interviews a fake woman, fake engineer about an issue that affects real women engineers."

I liked the bit about Wu's "the time I was recruited by Rockstar" which turns out to be walking past a woman handing out Rockstar recruiting flyers. :story:

View attachment 1404998

Firstly, Wu didn't speak at any universities in 2014. Nobody knew who Wu even was until October when she inserted herself in to gamergate. She didn't start getting invited to places to talk about her "harassment" until 2015. She spoke at Altconf in 2014 and was on a Pax East panel in 2014, that's about it. Nobody has ever invited Wu anywhere to give a technical talk, because why would they? She even blotted her copybook with the Boston Women in Games SIG by being her usual asshole self.

Next, Wu doesn't actually know anyone in the industry. She's never worked in games, has no contacts with anyone technical or otherwise. Wu doesn't even understand that being "connected with someone in HR" is pretty much the same as just going to the fucking website and looking at opportunities for student hiring. HR doesn't make hiring decisions. It just goes to show that Wu has never had a real job in her entire life.

Then this woman, who has just been sexually assaulted calls Wu at 2AM. Not the police, not her friends or Family. Brianna fucking Wu, a person she met once at a college talk. Is Wu in the habit of handing out her phone number to casual contacts? What would be the purpose of calling Wu anyway? It makes absolutely no sense.

I'm sure that women in the games industry face challenges in their work life that men don't, but how are we ever going to know their stories when all we get to hear about is the made up stuff that a crazy tranny wants to believe?
I'm shocked that John didn't go Full Brianna by claiming "I can totally relate to her! I get sexually harassed by men in the industry all the time!"

But then even John understands that such a statement would defy plausibility.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm shocked that John didn't go Full Brianna by claiming "I can totally relate to her! I get sexually harassed by men in the industry all the time!"

But then even John understands that such a statement would defy plausibility.
C'mon. John used to think he passed well enough to be a trap, and wasn't just hooking up with random gay dudes.

(Assuming that ever happened, of course.)

AprilRains

Drowning Pumpkin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
John is a shitty data scientist...well, OK, John isn't a scientist at all

"Can you base anything on an N of 1? Of course not" says Johnnie
Repeatable, repeatable is simply unbeatable
An event isn't real if it's merely unique
That UFO in your back yard isn't there
It only exists once it lands twice a week

John has taken a bit of folk logic and promoted it to the status of a strong general principle. Incompetents like him do this all the time. Example: "You can't prove a negative!" Really? Prove it. :)

It's a common practice with science fanboys. It's obnoxious and dumb.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Repeatable, repeatable is simply unbeatable
An event isn't real if it's merely unique
That UFO in your back yard isn't there
It only exists once it lands twice a week

John has taken a bit of folk logic and promoted it to the status of a strong general principle. Incompetents like him do this all the time. Example: "You can't prove a negative!" Really? Prove it. :)

It's a common practice with science fanboys. It's obnoxious and dumb.
That's not really what "proving a negative" means, for an example, it means you can't prove that there is not a small teapot currently in orbit around the earth (or to make it harder, the sun), but it's not really related to logic itself.

• Dumb
Reactions: AprilRains

Ashen One

feat. Neil Breen from the Double Down series!
kiwifarms.net
Anything to get those asspats he craves. It takes about five seconds to realize that a bisexual would only have to come out if they were in a homosexual relationship, and about five seconds more to wonder why "Brianna" would come out when "she" married a man, but John won't let pesky logic get in the way of his made-up life story!
According to my 5th Edition copy of The Official Wu Lethologica™, Wu came out as bi to her homophobic family because she dated women during her time at college (which was totally average you guys, if not faster than normal since Wu is that smrt). Because as we all know every woman has a lesbian experimentation period during college. In any case, that was before Brianna and Frank met.

Her being bi is just a convenient excuse as to why Brianna Wu, self-admitted natal woman in a heterosexual relationship, can claim to be part of the LGBTQIAMABBQ. It also gives her the "homophobic family" excuse as to why their relationship soured, and bonus pity points to boot!

As we all know, back during college days John Flynt never showed any interest in women besides wanting to be one and pretending to be one on message boards ("Gays are competition for the penis. Ain't I right fellow ladies?"). Also pretending to be Lauren Milovy or whatever the name of the first Natalie O'Brien was.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As we all know, back during college days John Flynt never showed any interest in women besides wanting to be one
Well, that's not entirely true. His "Socially Unconscious" character had girlfriends:
And was a stereotypical man:

And he waxed poetic about the "badonkadonks" of the sorority girls he was houseboy for if you read the postscript to "Election Eve". It's anyone's guess if any of this was ever sincere or he was just more deeply closeted back then.

AprilRains

Drowning Pumpkin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's not really what "proving a negative" means, for an example, it means you can't prove that there is not a small teapot currently in orbit around the earth (or to make it harder, the sun), but it's not really related to logic itself.
That's actually exactly what those words mean. You are invoking a special case where a thing cannot be proven negatively by induction. In the more general case, a negative can be proven.

Dr. Merkwurdichliebe

Kiwiminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's actually exactly what those words mean. You are invoking a special case where a thing cannot be proven negatively by induction. In the more general case, a negative can be proven.
Yep.

"I wasn't home at 8 p.m. on Tuesday."

"Prove it."

"At 8 p.m. on Tuesday, I was receiving an award from the governor at a banquet attended by 400 people."

Proving negatives is an important part of formal logic and mathematics.

ETA:

View attachment 1404998

Excellent work.

John's lies always include these obvious inconsistent and irrational details, which he stupidly believes add verisimilitude to his fictitious ravings. Another one in this case is the statement that the woman was a senior who apparently changed her graduation plans and took a semester off for a low- or no-pay internship instead of graduating. Since John describes her as brilliant, we can assume that she was going to graduate in eight semesters or fewer, unlike John, who spent 20 semesters and who knows how many summer sessions swallowing dicks and drugs on campus before leaving with no degree.

And "I know the woman over in HR" also sets off several bullshit alarms. (To be fair, if John had ever worked anywhere, he would have known the people "over in HR" very, very well indeed.)

Last edited: