Sweeney did nothing wrong.
It's interesting to look at his PSN history. We know when he met Frank so we have a definite before-after point. Before Frank he didn't have many games for the PS3. Immediately after Frank the list started to be populated with tons of games that he barely played(like not even getting the trophy for beating the first level). Who knows how much shit Wu bought that he never even opened, always getting the special edition of course.I think I did an estimate on this a while back, but for funsies, let's do it again.
To get the full picture, we should also include John's decade of leeching off his parents for his collegiate misadventures. I'm not sure what tuition was for Ole Miss and Millsaps back in the late 90's/early 00's, but between three failed attempts at a degree at two colleges and the $200k for Socially Unconscious Productions, on top of living expenses and rehab for his Ambien addiction, I'd wager his parents sunk $500k easily into their failure of a son. The $200k is the only number that we have confirmation on thanks to the records for the dissolution of the "company," so if anyone has a better estimate for the rest, by all means post it.
Then once John's parents finally have enough of his shit and cut him off, he meets Frank and gets a new paypig. In the thirteenish years that they've been together, Frank has financed the following:
So not including miscellaneous expenses like expensive meal kits, vacations, and enough Ambien to knock out an elephant, and Frank's easily sunk well over a million into his ghoul "wife," if not closer to $2 million. This is a lot of spitballing here, so I could be wildly off in either direction, but it's ridiculous how much of a leech John is. Never worked a day in his life and somehow managed to fall into a screaming midget's lap who happily finances every retarded thing he wants. The best part is whenever he tries to pull his "(wo)man of the people" schtick, completely oblivious to the fact that the average Joe does not own three Porsches.
- A variety of surgeries to turn John into Brianna (unknown amount but I'm guessing at least $100k; I will admit to not keeping up with the current costs of troon chops)
- Three Porsches and an Audi TT, as well as a bunch of repairs that frequently ruin the cars (one of the Porsches is over $100k; adding all the cars plus maintenance together would probably put it in the $200k ballpark)
- A house in Dedham (I dunno if I should include this, but I'm sure Frank would have been fine staying in their previous hovel and John made the move; I believe the house was going for somewhere between $4-500k)
- Giant Spacekat and Revolution 60 (I believe that was about $400k in total, and considering it was an abject failure in sales, it's safe to call that a complete wash)
- Two failed congressional campaigns (FEC reports showed Frank was the primary financier for both scampaigns by a longshot, and probably sank another $100k across both)
- Countless anime figurines, tabletop games, video games, consoles, and PCs over the past decade (no doubt in my mind that's at least another $100k right there)
- Other stuff like 3D printers and a Peloton or two so John can continue his "woman in tech" larp (tack on a few thousand more, maybe a few dozen)
I was taking a look at his PSN profile just now but I guess some extra pervy anime game got released and Wu realizes that people are watching.