Votes: 164 5.5%
  • "Pre-Gender Identity Crisis" John

Votes: 71 2.4%
  • I ORDERED A FUCKING PIZZA

Votes: 629 21.1%
  • Moon Rocks Wu

Votes: 495 16.6%

• Total voters
Absolutely not John, how is anyone supposed to know how morally upright you are if you don't join the mob at the drop of a hat?

View attachment 2249320
but John, you were all about your if they go low, we go low philosophy

and your Stephenson rip off about turning a brutal interaction into a cute game.

have things changed since people decided to take your advice and storm the capitol building?

Bismuth Ferrite

kiwifarms.net
I’d like to point out that he loves to praise the human supremacy (white supremacy) terrorist organization in Mass Effect 2. That’s his big draw to that game. “Miranda lady who is genetically perfect, like me, fights for human supremacy, like me.” There was a post a few pages back where he was fawning over their “at any cost” attitude.

He sees himself and his “career” in politics as Miranda and her “campaign” for Cerberus. Such an AGP manchild freak.
Yes, he really loves Miranda for some reason. And when I say "some reason" I mean "she's the most conventionally attractive female companion" of course.

I mean yeah, I also liked Miranda but I mostly sympathized with her upbringing and how she felt she had to outperform everyone to be worthy of love as a child. She would have been a way better character if she didn't have the 10/10 body I think, because it's hard to sympathize with a girl that can get litterally anything she wants just by asking (but that may be the incel in me talking so idk). The same way ashley feels like a completely different (and worse) character after the visual update they give her. I should stop sperging about ME now.

Peace and Harmony

✨ you're the sparkle of my life ✨
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's a shame John, and I suppose this means you'll be shutting down your mining and trading operations shortly, won't you?

bit.png

fuckidunno

kiwifarms.net
That's a shame John, and I suppose this means you'll be shutting down your mining and trading operations shortly, won't you?

View attachment 2249924
John never gets arounf to addressing possible mitigations (like Chia) via alternative validation systmes like Proof of Stake or Proof of storage for 3 very important reasons

1) he's just "dumbing it down" (he used that term, sooo respectful) for the audience
2) he has no idea what that is b/c Yahoo news doesn't tend to cover it.

but most importantly

3) he can't parade around an over-spec'd video card if he talks about it

fuckidunno

kiwifarms.net
$8,000 pinball machine (already broken), still can't groom the fucking dog.

View attachment 2250190
View attachment 2250191

HP lovecraft!?! uh oh
Lovecraft was a notorious racist/whit supremacist.

So frank is in a mag that platformed the same author that penned "On the Creation of Niggers"

of course Orson Scott Card is homophobic

and Heinlein, was the worst of them all...left-wing turned...eww.right wing..ibertarian even

...iiinnnteresting

Last edited:

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2250190
View attachment 2250191

All this says to me is that, like basically every other sci-fi/fantasy publishing space these days, Analog is not choosing to publish the best works, only those from authors with the correct politics and/or a nepotistic backdoor to someone in charge. Because dear god that excerpt is about the worst thing I have read recently. If this story came across John Campbell's desk back in the day, he would have laughed his ass off before finishing the first page and promptly tossed it in the garbage, probably leaving a note to do the same to all submissions from this "Frank Wu" character in the future.

The only noteworthy thing about these tweets is that John actually spelled Heinlein correctly for once.

Also, groom your fucking dogs you imbecile

Dr. Merkwurdichliebe

Kiwiminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2250190
View attachment 2250191

Not surprising that Frank remains a truly shitty writer, but is nonetheless published again by his semiliterate pal, the editor of Analog.

(1) A rag cannot be both oily and dried out.

(2) Rustling is a sound; you can't see it.

(3) ". . . claw clicking on metal . . ." So, a dog with one claw. Quite the attack beast.

(4) ". . . until a fang caught one of the robot's two necks." There's been no mention of any attempt to bite anything. Sounds like an accidental encounter. And one dog fang ain't gonna do much damage; biting usually involves two or more.

(5) ". . . squeezed out a couple molecules . . ." In English, that's a "couple of molecules."

(6) Having already established that the dog is mostly gray, calling it "the mostly gray dog" in a later reference is sheer hackwork.

Frank is a bad, bad writer. And Analog doesn't edit the crap it publishes, the staff being too lazy or incompetent to even notice a missing word in the second paragraph.

Last edited:

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not surprising that Frank remains a truly shitty writer, but is nonetheless published again by his semiliterate pal, the editor of Analog.

(1) A rag cannot be both oily and dried out.

(2) Rustling is a sound; you can't see it.

(3) ". . . claw clicking on metal . . ." So, a dog with one claw. Quite the attack beast.

(4) ". . . until a fang caught one of the robot's two necks." There's been no mention of any attempt to bite anything. Sounds like an accidental encounter. And one dog fang ain't gonna do much damage; biting usually involves two or more.

(5) ". . . squeezed out a couple molecules . . ." In English, that's a "couple of molecules."

(6) Having already established that the dog is mostly gray, calling it "the mostly gray dog" in a later reference is sheer hackwork.

Frank is a bad, bad writer. And Analog doesn't edit the crap it publishes, being too lazy or incompetent to even notice a missing word in the second paragraph.
That whole thing was a trainwreck. You hit the high points, but let's look.

A product of the "pare it to the bone then shave the bone" writing. We know jack or shit, we have no investment, we don't care. The dog is mostly in a flat gray space with some rocks. The descriptions are flat and empty. We had no idea why the genetic memory is important, why this sleeve is important. We can deduce it's from a human military uniform, but that's it.

The robots are obviously made of aluminum foil and tin cans, unable to withstand the teeth of dogs nor able to harm them. They have little to no description that is worthwhile to the reader. Dogs, living beings, are in a war of attrition with robots, which apparently are also capable of self-maintenance, getting power, and getting replacements, as this has been going on for at least two generations. This gives us an idea of a world overrun by robots.

In which case, the dogs are fucked.

The robots show no intelligence, just drift it stupidly.

The descriptions of the scenery are stupid. There's nothing about the scents and sounds, which would be vitally important to dogs.

The little dog denigrates the larger ones right off, showing the author suffers from Short Man Syndrome and has projected it into the book. Larger, in the animal kingdom, means more combat capable.

The whole "sashaying onto the robot's head" bit makes no damn sense. Jumping from rock to rock after it was said the dog was shitty at jumping? Are the rocks arranged like in a Mario Brother's game?

Just that 3/4 page excerpt shows you that someone got their dick sucked to print that. Unless the story's quality REALLY improves, it reads worse than fan fiction and experimental stuff on free sites by teenagers.

If this is what Analog is publishing compared to the past stuff, then I weep for modern Sci-Fi.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That whole thing was a trainwreck. You hit the high points, but let's look.

A product of the "pare it to the bone then shave the bone" writing. We know jack or shit, we have no investment, we don't care. The dog is mostly in a flat gray space with some rocks. The descriptions are flat and empty. We had no idea why the genetic memory is important, why this sleeve is important. We can deduce it's from a human military uniform, but that's it.

The robots are obviously made of aluminum foil and tin cans, unable to withstand the teeth of dogs nor able to harm them. They have little to no description that is worthwhile to the reader. Dogs, living beings, are in a war of attrition with robots, which apparently are also capable of self-maintenance, getting power, and getting replacements, as this has been going on for at least two generations. This gives us an idea of a world overrun by robots.

In which case, the dogs are fucked.

The robots show no intelligence, just drift it stupidly.

The descriptions of the scenery are stupid. There's nothing about the scents and sounds, which would be vitally important to dogs.

The little dog denigrates the larger ones right off, showing the author suffers from Short Man Syndrome and has projected it into the book. Larger, in the animal kingdom, means more combat capable.

The whole "sashaying onto the robot's head" bit makes no damn sense. Jumping from rock to rock after it was said the dog was shitty at jumping? Are the rocks arranged like in a Mario Brother's game?

Just that 3/4 page excerpt shows you that someone got their dick sucked to print that. Unless the story's quality REALLY improves, it reads worse than fan fiction and experimental stuff on free sites by teenagers.

If this is what Analog is publishing compared to the past stuff, then I weep for modern Sci-Fi.

Reminder that Frank Wu has won multiple science fiction industry awards (though I don't think any for writing ... yet).

Chef Hanlon

kiwifarms.net