Brianna Walker Wu's Mass. 8th District Congressional Campaign Breakdown - Or, where exactly she's running.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
I'm writing up this thread as a sort of basic resource for information on Massachusetts 8th district, so any Kiwis interested will have what they need to reach her would-be voters. Most of this is basic Wikipedia information, though I like the idea of having it simplified and readily available.

Ideally, this thread should be free of wild speculation and shallow "lol she won't win" thought. That belongs in Wu's actual thread. And if the powers at be decides this is useless then I won't lose sleep over them deleting it. I make this thread with the intention we have a basic working knowledge of what exactly is happening.

I. The Geography of the 8th District.
Massachusetts's 8th District is located in the Eastern part of the state, much of it reaching the Atlantic.
upload_2017-3-4_13-48-6.png

It reaches into four counties--Briston, Norfolk, Plymouth, and Suffolk--and includes part of Boston.

II. Current Congressman
The incumbent Representative for the 8th District is Democrat Stephen F. Lynch. Lynch originally ran and won a campaign for the 9th District in 2001, winning re-election ever since. In 2013, re-distracting put him in the 8th. He will run again in 2018.

Several days ago, he criticized media coverage of Donald Trump, calling it "biased" and even claiming many sources "became completely unshackled from responsible journalism"[1]. Wu addressed this in a Tweet:
upload_2017-3-4_13-59-48.png

According to Wikipedia, Lynch is (comparatively) conservative and votes independently of other Democrats. While he supported same-sex marriage, he is also pro-life and a long-time supporter of American intervention in the Middle East. Lynch did not support the ACA, but does support affordable health care through other means [2].

III. 8th District Breakdown
The district is predominantly white, educated, and liberal. It's a Democratic stronghold and the last Republican who held a Representative office there was Angier Goldwin, who served from 1943 to 1955.

IV. Wu's Campaign
Wu is campaigning on multiple issues as we all know. But something we aren't paying much attention to is her focus on incumbent Lynch. A considerable part of her campaign is discrediting Lynch and claiming he's not a suitable Representative [2]. Aside from the above Tweet, she has also stated “To me, Congressman Lynch represents everything I think is wrong with the Democratic Party" [2]. Wu also criticized Lynch for not supporting labor unions and plans on making that a focal point of her candidacy, particularly in regards to translating Big Union practices to the tech industry [2].

V. My Own Analysis
Statistically, Lynch is more likely to win. He has more money, more experience, and a history of winning election after election in this district. Wu is a newcomer with no political experience and a shady past running against someone who is quite honestly a stable pillar of his political community.

But stranger things have happened and it's entirely possible Wu could pull through if she campaigns right. While popular, Lynch is not as liberal as most Democrats. The current political environment is incredibly polarized, and Wu is clearly taking advantage of that. Modern liberal politics largely revolve around who's more "deserving" and Wu fits the bill as she is a woman (lol) with a background in STEM (double lol) and a history of harassment from the bogeyman that is the alt-right (triple lol). And she's running against an old white guy who doesn't always play ball and who thinks the media's coverage of Trump is unprofessional.

Normally I wouldn't care who runs who in Taxachusetts. But Wu is an idiot and professional victim, running against someone with a history of responsible and successful leadership. No one deserves her representing them. And Lynch sure doesn't deserve the sting of losing to someone like John Flynt.

Last edited:

thismanlies

Who Wants a Balloon Animal?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've come up with a SWOT analysis based on the data you have.

Strength: John Flynt knows how to use social media, which jives with the 125,880 strong 25-34 year old demographic. In addition, he has MSM exposure which paints him in a sympathetic light. If he were to use his old media connections to paint himself in a positive light, that could equate to free publicity.

Weakness: The two main ones I can see are his narcissism and his moon rocks tweets. The internet never forgets and sites like Kiwi Farms are a testament to that fact. Remember the woman in Washington state who was strangle and pictures of her body were posted on 4chan? An effective campaign manager could highlight the fact that Flynt tried to make it all about him and stir up public disgust. The moon rock tweets are lulzworthy and could be spread virally at little to no cost to Lynch's campaign.

Opportunity: Recently, Democratic voters have grown very unsatisfied with their party. The most recent example of this is when Tom Perez was elected the DNC chair with Keith Ellison coming second. The hashtag DemExit trended which featured thousands of internet-savvy people voicing their displeasure with the pro-establishment attitude that the DNC is holding onto. If Wu could convince enough young voters to go against the establishment, it could peel a few votes away from Lynch.

Threat: Flynt is running against an incumbent in his own party. When most people vote, they tend to vote in the general elections. Inner-party primaries are rarely advertised and relatively few people show up to vote. So unless Flynt is willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to shake the public's confidence in Lynch, he's not likely to pull very many votes. In addition to that, fame doesn't necessarily equal votes. Deray McKesson is one of the leading figures in Black Lives Matters and has a huge social media presence yet he couldn't even pull 2% of the mayoral vote in Baltimore.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Opportunity: Recently, Democratic voters have grown very unsatisfied with their party. The most recent example of this is when Tom Perez was elected the DNC chair with Keith Ellison coming second. The hashtag DemExit trended which featured thousands of internet-savvy people voicing their displeasure with the pro-establishment attitude that the DNC is holding onto. If Wu could convince enough young voters to go against the establishment, it could peel a few votes away from Lynch.

Those twats throwing a fit about that are the very jerkoffs who lost the election. They can go as far as I give a fuck, and they're not mad about anything important, it's just "muh Muslim negro." Electing Ellison to that post would have been suicide. There's being anti-establishment, and then there's being absolutely unpalatable to mainstream voters including many of the major donors.

Replicant Sasquatch

kiwifarms.net
there's being absolutely unpalatable to mainstream voters including many of the major donors.

Describes Wu to a "T" to be honest. Maybe she can get sponsored by Kotaku or Buzzfeed.

And since Lynch is already a popular candidate Wu will really have her work cut out for her. If she's savvy--and let's be honest she kind of is in her own wicked way--she can drum up some decent support from the district's Millennial population. But let's be honest Millennials don't vote. Not in general elections, and definitely not in mid-terms.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
My favorite part is Wu claiming that Lynch is everything wrong with the democrats, but in reality Wu is (a rich, privileged narcissist who speaks for minorities they're not a part of, hates republicans to a point where it's hard to tell if Wu thinks they're people or not. obsessed with identity politics, is a professional victim, wants to censor the internet, and bigoted against cis white men even though they are/were one) while if the democrats let someone like Lynch in, they'd probably do better in the polls (doesn't like identity politics, is willing to at least attempt to reach across the aisle to republicans instead of writing them off as bigoted, uneducated rednecks)

Replicant Sasquatch

kiwifarms.net
My favorite part is Wu claiming that Lynch is everything wrong with the democrats, but in reality Wu is (a rich, privileged narcissist who speaks for minorities they're not a part of, hates republicans to a point where it's hard to tell if Wu thinks they're people or not. obsessed with identity politics, is a professional victim, wants to censor the internet, and bigoted against cis white men even though they are/were one) while if the democrats let someone like Lynch in, they'd probably do better in the polls (doesn't like identity politics, is willing to at least attempt to reach across the aisle to republicans instead of writing them off as bigoted, uneducated rednecks)

Remember: Wu is not really a Democrat. She's a mercenary candidate running to sate her own ego. She's only running as a Democrat because she hates Republicans and (rightly) figures they'd want nothing to do with her.

Last edited:

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Rememer: Wu is not really a Democrat. She's a mercenary candidate running to sate her own ego. She's only running as a Democrat because she hates Republicans and (rightly) figures they'd want nothing to do with her.

The only people who would even conceivably want to help Wu in the primary are Republicans, because even in District 8, they could beat a batshit crazy tranny. Also, they wouldn't give a flying fuck about calling him a tranny either.

El Porko Fako

Significantly different from other men
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Continuing on with weaknesses, I'd say the absolute death of her campaign would be if the people of District 8 became aware that she paid her employees 1 dollar plus "valuable consideration"while heading Giant Spacekat. Most educated democrats in my mind are not going to cast their ballot on a greedy, cheap cocksucker who doesn't pay their employees a decent wage.

Kosher Dill

Pumpkin Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say the absolute death of her campaign would be if the people of District 8 became aware that she paid her employees 1 dollar plus "valuable consideration"while heading Giant Spacekat. Most educated democrats in my mind are not going to cast their ballot on a greedy, cheap cocksucker who doesn't pay their employees a decent wage.
That's just what it said in the contract though, we don't know what the employees actually got paid. This could be very easily waved off by saying "The contract was just a bunch of legalese, and in actuality they received a consistent, competitive wage." Who knows, it might even be true.

Another weakness not mentioned yet: John declared war on the Massachusetts Democratic Party by primarying their incumbent without so much as consulting them first, and he seems ready to use scorched-earth media tactics, attempting to tie Lynch to President Trump. While the party's officially going to be neutral in the primary, nobody who's plugged into the existing political machinery is going to want to give him the time of day.

Also, highlighting just how much of an uphill battle Wu For Absolute Monarch 2018 faces - look how many unions are already on Team Lynch and donating:
https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/?cycle=2018&two_year_transaction_period=2018&data_type=processed&committee_id=C00366948&min_date=01/01/2017&max_date=12/31/2018&line_number=F3-11C
John and Frank haven't laid any groundwork with the kind of organizations that put boots on the ground and butts in seats. Knowingly or not, they've conceded a major swath of the election already.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
That's just what it said in the contract though, we don't know what the employees actually got paid. This could be very easily waved off by saying "The contract was just a bunch of legalese, and in actuality they received a consistent, competitive wage." Who knows, it might even be true.

Another weakness not mentioned yet: John declared war on the Massachusetts Democratic Party by primarying their incumbent without so much as consulting them first, and he seems ready to use scorched-earth media tactics, attempting to tie Lynch to President Trump. While the party's officially going to be neutral in the primary, nobody who's plugged into the existing political machinery is going to want to give him the time of day.

Also, highlighting just how much of an uphill battle Wu For Absolute Monarch 2018 faces - look how many unions are already on Team Lynch and donating:
https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/?cycle=2018&two_year_transaction_period=2018&data_type=processed&committee_id=C00366948&min_date=01/01/2017&max_date=12/31/2018&line_number=F3-11C
John and Frank haven't laid any groundwork with the kind of organizations that put boots on the ground and butts in seats. Knowingly or not, they've conceded a major swath of the election already.
Can't wait for John to blame misogyny when he loses.

Last edited:

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another problem Wu has is that his entire history is a massive minefield he dare not discuss except in the most vague terms, recycling the same stock quotes, otherwise it goes in directions that reveal him to be a lying fuckup with the integrity of pond scum.

If Wu seriously tried to tarnish Lynch, it would take little to no effort to immolate Wu on his failures and hypocrisies as Brianna Wu alone, he wouldn't even need to bring up his shameful past as John Flynt, Brianna has proven to be enough of a failure on their own he need not do more except to point out all of Wu's contemporary lies and failures in media friendly to him (which is all relevant outlets voters are going to care about), then keep his mouth shut while Wu self destructs.

Puppet Pal Clem

kiwifarms.net
If Wu seriously tried to tarnish Lynch, it would take little to no effort to immolate Wu on his failures and hypocrisies as Brianna Wu alone

I doubt Lynch knows about the Farms or even gives any weight its credibility or any real accounts of Brianna's antics.
We can't put too much weight on how "easy" it will be to shit on Brianna, because all "credible" media about him sucks his limp girlcock.

I can't begin to imagine how one would begin to incorporate the reams of actual shitflinging and lies passed around in the form of internet he-said she-said into a coherent attack campaign.

I think he should and probably will just continue to ignore him.

twattycake

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I think Farmers need to remember few groups actually know John is full of shit. As far as all mainstream news sources are concerned, he's exactly who he says he is.

The Boston Herald would be our best bet to get some of this information out there. It's conservative by Massachusetts standards and was strongly against Liz Warren back in 2012. John's well to the left of Warren and has much worse secrets than lying about Native American heritage, so the Herald's editors would probably be thrilled to find out about Natalie O'Brien or the mistreatment of employees.

Alex Krycek

Transphobic Talking Turd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would pay money to see John Cena run against both of them as a joke and nod to past events.

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brianna criticizing Lynch for not supporting unions is rich considering that Lynch served as the president of a union for years before getting into politics.
Especially when you also consider how John Flynt aka Brianna Wu treated his employees at Giant Spacekat. He doesn't give a shit about worker's rights or fair pay. All of his "employees" including his founding partner quit or were run out and we're paid nothing for their work on that garbage game of his.