Public Sighting Brianna Wu Battles More Than Video Game Villains -

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God his thighs look thicker than a Madagascan bottle tree.
1610215936937.png

CyberCringe

kiwifarms.net
Why would you write an exposé on Wu in 2021? Did she pay for this? God, this is so amateurish, feels like a student report.

Brianna Wu is best known for creating the Revolution 60 game
A game nobody played that's terrible and ugly? The only game she ever made in the past 6 years?

Not only did Revolution 60 feature female protagonists developed by a team consisting of a majority of women, but it had a unique gaming design.
"We had a design philosophy that you didn't need to know how to operate a controller to enjoy a story," she said. "We wanted to tell a story that literally anyone could pick up and enjoy, regardless of their experience."
None of this is impressive. A game being developed by a team majority of women is easy when it's composed of 3 people. There's nothing unique about "not knowing how a controller works" either, one of the ideas behind the Wii was that. Not that this is something that really matters, a game needs a controlling mechanism, the player needs to do things, you can't not have a controller, all you can really do is make it intuitive, it's not a fault it's literally the essence of the entire medium.

She said she has become "bored" with gaming lately because of all the "first-person shooter games, kill everything in sight games, and sports games," but she said she’s not yet done developing games.
There has never been a bigger variety of games being made than what we have right now, this is the kind of shit someone that doesn't look beyond the AAA market says, one of the most acclaimed games of 2019 was an RPG where you just talk to NPCs.

This really feels like a PR piece so people remember Wu exists, highly possible she paid for it

protomartyr

Weebfinder General
kiwifarms.net
She said she has become "bored" with gaming lately because of all the "first-person shooter games, kill everything in sight games, and sports games," but she said she’s not yet done developing games.

Isn’t she literally indie dev? This is like Wes Anderson saying “yeah I’m actually bored of movies now because you can only watch capeshit”.

HomerSimpson

I AM SO SMRT!
kiwifarms.net
Imma have fun with this lol.
"the modeling...gorgeous, the animation delightful, the music engrossing, and the voice acting outstanding."
Never played it as I doubt own an iphone, but everything I have seen shows that this is bullshit. Even me, who has been tinkering with game development for a few years can see he is trash. The game is "meh quality" in most categories.
During that time, she received death threats, harassing emails, and her home was vandalized
Doubt for all. Except the "harassing emails". We all know those were just people saying he is being retarded and making a large deal out of nothing.
"It was a decision that caused me immense trauma, but I always knew that if I didn't speak out, that would be what I would regret,"
John means "I am incapable of discerning sarcasm and serious statements, so when Jace Connors made the joke video blaming me for his car crashing, I took it as super serious. And if I didn't speak up, how could I scam people of their money and get internet fame?"
"There’s a group of women over 40 that are industry veterans… You may not know their names, but they are ruthlessly elevating each other behind the scenes and giving other women opportunities," she said. "We can’t go through the front door, so we've been silently working to bring women in the back door."
I like how he said that. "They are ruthlessly elevAting eachother behind the scenes" and not "they are putting in work to be recognized as capabable employees." Then that they are so incapable they can't just get a job normally, like Amy Hennig did. No, they need to be sneaky and underhanded to get themselves into an industry rather than actually work at it.
As far as the gaming industry as it is today, Wu said it has an innovation problem due to who is in charge.
The innovation problem is because consumers like Johnbslurp up everything generic thrown at them happily. Why innovate what sells for huge profits?
"Women chip around the edges, but it's really hard for us to step up and be leaders [in the industry]," she said. "I think until that system changes, you're going to see a product that's really tailored for a very specific kind of player."
Like anita did helping encourage the development of TLOU2 which is hated by the majority of players?
Nah, we all know John is bored only because games are too hard nowadays and he wants that to stop.
"You have not seen the last of me on game design," Wu said.
Fuck.
"At the end of my career, I hope people will look back on the things I’ve done and see me as someone who acted with integrity."
They won't. They will look at someone who scammed and stole money from people and was never good at anything he said he was.

Vice Bold

You better bring a powerful ass.
kiwifarms.net
Not only did Revolution 60 feature female protagonists developed by a team consisting of a majority of women, but it had a unique gaming design.

"We had a design philosophy that you didn't need to know how to operate a controller to enjoy a story," she said. "We wanted to tell a story that literally anyone could pick up and enjoy, regardless of their experience."
Isn't that the same philosophy with Mario? David Cage games? Fuck, even my 5 year old niece beat the first Halo.

Baggywrinkle

kiwifarms.net
  • in an older video she says she got the inspiration for the shitty gameplay from watching her idiot husband struggle with a controller.
  • in the above video she says controllers are too difficult for normal people, because they have over 12 buttons. Yet creates a game that requires typing on a keyboard, which has way more buttons than a controller
  • she wanted the game to be accessible to women, who are apparently incapable of mastering multiple buttons. Except for superior woman Wu, that is
  • Bored of shooting games but specifically mentions playing cyberpunk. I guess telling everyone how much you’re winning at peggle isn’t hip these days. Also doesn’t she repeatedly play resident evil so she can be the top speed runner on her street? Maybe that’s why you’re bored of shooters, dummy.
I am excited to see what new game Wu tries to develop. Revolution 60 generated some of the only worthwhile let’s plays. Frank probably has concerns considering the cost of the last failure, which is why he tried to distract her with yet another Porsche.