Brianna Wu Email: "Well, we lost. What happened? " -

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
@zedkissed60 will love this I think.

Archive of the Mailchimp letter:
https://mailchi.mp/briannawu2018/top-secret-do-not-share-this-with-anyone-534673 (yes, really)
https://archive.li/Jlb4C

Well, we lost.

Normally, campaigns will send out a concession email written by a PR person immediately that doesn’t say anything of substance. I needed to take some time to reflect on the campaign and figure out what we did right and what we did wrong. This will be an overly honest letter for a politician. My phone number will also be included at the end, so you can text me your thoughts as well. So keep reading.

But, before I get to that, I want to thank everyone who donated and supported us. When you run for office, your biggest worry is, “What if no one believes in me?!” You all believed in me, and as a result, I will be a much stronger candidate for 2020 when I run for this position again. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Why did we lose?

The number one issue is we didn’t have the team we needed. When I started this race, I thought I could hire passionate people who had never worked in politics before, and we could all learn as we went. This, by far, was the biggest mistake I made.

There’s a tiny pool of political talent in Massachusetts. By the time I realized I needed to hire them, it was too late and they were committed. For 2020, we will be hiring three positions ASAP. Campaign manager, Finance Director and Field Directors. All must have experience, and all must live in MA or be willing to relocate to MA. The second biggest mistake we made was not building a strong field operation. This is 100 percent my fault. As a software engineer, I feel most comfortable in analytics and data analysis. As a result, we excelled at online targeting and messaging, but did not build up enough local ground game. Again, this will change for 2020.

Those are the big two. But fortunately, they are fixable. I can learn how to run a phone bank, but Stephen Lynch can’t learn to be a Democrat.

What went right?

It took a while, but I think I did figure out a way to migrate my feisty software engineer personality to politics. I’m very proud that I never made a call I’m embarrassed about. I didn’t let this change who I am. I’m still a fighter, but I know which battles are worth fighting.

We also excelled at anything related to online. Compare my Twitter community with Lynch’s. My ads were stronger, and my presence in the press was stronger. These are successes we will build on for 2020.

A word has to be said about the local press. There’s no good way for a paper to become a cautionary tale in a journalism class, but that’s precisely what happened with the Boston Globe and the way they treated us. That said, I do believe we can reset our working relationship and make it more constructive for 2020.

Despite all of this, I’m excited about the future. Even people who don’t support me think we had a very strong showing for a first-time candidate. I will run again in 2020, Stronger. Smarter. And with the experience to win. I hope I’ll have your support then as well.

You supported me from the beginning, and I will not forget that. If you have thoughts about what we need to change for 2020, feel free to text me at 781-459-3131.

There’s no shame in losing a fight, but there is shame in not learning anything from it. I'm choosing to learn so we can win the next fight.

Thanks for believing in me,
Bri

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Didn't this same lady rail against doxxing yet now she's giving our her number to hundreds of people?
It's a number, not necessarily the number one keeps for personal use & Taco Bell "text to win" promotions. I'm sure zed will be checking though. I'd open a business line if I was a political candidate and had a campaign fund to pay for it.

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ol' Trooney Tunes said:
The number one issue is we didn’t have the team we needed. When I started this race, I thought I could hire passionate people who had never worked in politics before, and we could all learn as we went. This, by far, was the biggest mistake I made.
The first thing he blames for why he lost is the people trying to get his ass through the primaries. Never change, man. Never change.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to point out, living in the neighboring district in Massachusetts from where John was running, I never saw a single sign for his campaign even once, or heard anyone that was voting for him. I'm shocked he lost, shocked I say.
He even outright says this.

John Walker Flynt said:
As a result, we excelled at online targeting and messaging, but did not build up enough local ground game
Wu got a lot of good press from blue checkmarks and Twitter weirdos and never considered the fact no one in the district actually knew who the fuck he was.

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
You lost because that was the plan John and you are not going to try it again because as usual you are going to throw yourself in the next shiny thing that call your attention

There’s no shame in losing a fight, but there is shame in not learning anything from it. I'm choosing to learn so we can win the next fight.
You lost your fight against being a journalism, did not learn jackshit, lost as a animator same deal, lost as a game developer and you did not learn anything either and as a candidate you plainly are admitting that the only thing you did was screeching on twitter and doing jackshit

I remember a post in the TDS thread about a guy that said "social media is not a ballot box"

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino