Brianna Wu Email: "Well, we lost. What happened? " -

Clop

kiwifarms.net
All the "harassment" and all the crying in front of the UN, and Bri still puts up a telephone number with a "pls donut steel"-note on it.

Ignoring everything else that's transpired over the years, this is Internet 101 fucking stupid. Might be a clue somewhere there why people don't take you seriously as a softie-engie.

Pepito

Trust me, I'm white
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lmao did Wu just basically say "It was everyone else on my team's fault I lost"?
Yes, he did and it pisses me off. Wu doesn't realize his campaign has been a joke from beginning to end and then has the nerve to blame everything on his team. Next time he better scout for a damn godlike PR team because his shitstain line of thinking needs all the makeup in the world to barely make it convincing.

Allow me to weave a metaphoric comparison.

Imagine if some well connected media person decided to run her fucking cat for congress, and using all her media links to different respectable sounding/supposedly important (yet hack infested) newspapers she was able to organise a campaign by fellow journalists and media people to put that cat in office. For nearly 2 years the cat had puff piece after puff piece in all sorts of lofty publications from the NYT to the Guardian with every journalist bigging up the cat as the must-vote-for event of the summer (well...if you lived in its district that is)

The problem is, its a fucking cat. Setting aside the fact anyone taking one look at it will immediately conclude its being run as a joke, It has zero capacity or ability to undertake any work on the ground needed to actually build up any support level outside media sources relentlessly shilling it, and thus there is zero actual ground level or internet level campaigning for the cat because....its a fucking cat and no sane person can see any reason why it should be put in office. Come election time it loses despite receiving 1000% more national media coverage than its opponent, with the only people voting for it doing so because they didnt like the incumbent and went for the funny option as a protest

This cat....still had and has a better chance of making it to congress than wu, because atleast a cat can be endearing and cute and will not openly insult its potential voters while fapping over how its buing expensive fucking cars it cant even drive. A cat will not be such a fucking tard that it incites people to come together to discuss and reflect upon how hilariously pathetic and stupid it is, and to gather any and all damaging and embarrasing material on the cat in an easy to find location.
Your scenario reminds me of a Black Mirror episode, the one about a cartoon cat getting elected as a prime minister and the government turning Great Britain into a totalitarian dystopia. Besides that, you're absolutely right; Wu not only has the charisma of a boiled piece of cabbage but also the aptitude for politics of a fucking high school dropout janitor.

What is it with tumblrists being so convinced that elections will go their way, and then being so shocked when they don't?
By nature they live in a world where pretending and feeling equals law and fact, respectively. Do you expect a broke ass guy who pretends to be a successful business woman to be in touch with reality?

nets_awesome

Blocked from who? Everyone.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is it with tumblrists being so convinced that elections will go their way, and then being so shocked when they don't?
They think that asspats and retweets and loves are votes. They think their hot fakes are influencing the nation and that in [Current Year] everyone will vote the way they think they should.

Well... i don't get why people are acting like she's being stupid putting her phone number out there. She needs to get some harassment, to drum up some pity, and to dredge up gamergate again. The narrative writes itself. "Wu was running a great campaign, but due to mysogonistic nerds angry that a Real Woman Software Engineer was trying to run for office she was unable to succeed, probably due to fearing for her life."

Yeah, the timing would be wrong, but you know the media would run with the story anyway.

The Dude

Bro, don't even bro, bro.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Why did we lose?" For the same reason Hillary Clinton lost: being a terrible, clueless candidate who was completely out of touch with reality, bad-mouthed and alienated large portions of the populace, and running a campaign based on identity politics instead of having intelligent and rational political positions accessible to the majority of the voter base. The biggest difference between Clinton and Mr. Wu is that Hillary actually had a chance at winning because she wasn't pandering to niche voters.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Why did we lose?" Because no one wants a disgusting tranny for their elected official.
Nah, don't give Wu the privilege of being able to deflect this with troon-discrimination.

They would've lost even without that. "Woke" people probably lead to that being an advantage.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The biggest difference between Clinton and Mr. Wu is that Hillary actually had a chance at winning because she wasn't pandering to niche voters.
Hillary lost because she was pandering to niche voters while arrogantly assuming everyone else would crown her Queen, and would have won if she hadn't done that. John wouldn't win no matter what he did. Just being John guarantees he loses anything he does.

ZKWNordman

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if she’s already hired one of the positions she wanted to fill and is making that person carry the phone whose number she shared / deal with the texts.

Can you imagine being a green poli sci major just out of school? You’re not super bright, and you’ve got big progressive dreams. Suddenly a giant summons you up the beanstalk with promises of fame and glory. Only in reality, you’re in for abuse—rage from the giant, incomprehensible screams from her lunatic sugar daddy, and dick pics from trolls.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if she’s already hired one of the positions she wanted to fill and is making that person carry the phone whose number she shared / deal with the texts.

Can you imagine being a green poli sci major just out of school? You’re not super bright, and you’ve got big progressive dreams. Suddenly a giant summons you up the beanstalk with promises of fame and glory. Only in reality, you’re in for abuse—rage from the giant, incomprehensible screams from her lunatic sugar daddy, and dick pics from trolls.
At least it's not dick pics from the giant. :pickle::pickle::pickle:

There's a lot to dig into this embarrassment of an email, but I think my "favorite" thing is Brianna going on about how much more active on fucking Twitter he is than Rep. Lynch and how he has more followers. John pretty much lives on Twitter and so can't understand that:

A. Twitter followers is pretty much a meaningless statistic. Especially in this case where over 99% of his followers aren't even in the district.
B. Despite how many followers he has, John has a pathetically low rate of engagement. Unless one of his tweets is being promoted in some way, he usually gets only a handful of likes/retweets.
C. It looks embarrassing to see any so-called professional (much less one running for office) to seemingly be spending anywhere from 5-8 hours a day on there and most of it sperging about his latest toys.
D. The few times he engaged with someone in his district that was critical of his nonexistent platform, he acted like a righteous cunt or blocked them immediately if he couldn't think of a decent response.

I'd say Brianna's social media presence was one of the campaign's greatest weaknesses because Brianna has no idea how to conduct themselves like a professional on Twitter. It goes without saying but if Brianna can't even understand that then this 2020 campaign is going to be a miserable failure like the last one.

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Could you imagine having to deal with Wu trying to manufacture harassment as a job?

"Hey this is Mr Gamergate, I just wanted to say I am currently plotting to assassinate Brianna for teh epic winz for destroying the gaming industry by being a real hot sexy lady who I also want to rape for being a totally real hot sexy lady. goobergrapev for lyfe!"

"Mrs. Wu please I'm trying to work. I know this is you, you didn't even bother to use a fake number."

"*from the other room* Fuck you, you're fired for your hideously sexist behavior! Also before you go, I have to tell you I'm a software engineer."

Tags
None