Brianna Wu / John Flynt - DEAGLE NATION STILL LIVES

How long will Revolution 60 come to Steam?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynical

The world sucks? Good.
kiwifarms.net
hes been sniffing round the journo angle for a while , and a few have noted earlier own that to pursue his 'critic' career he needed to release rev 60..

hes writing rev off now, im guessing just an iOS port and close giantwastecrap studio..

but as scamkeesian will find out with the upcoming female in history ACTUAL writing requires skill, and qualifications, certainly if you are going up against academia who will destroy you..

being a tran who wont admit to being a tran and a gaming juggernaut that released one game in a four year period, and no actual real checkable qualifications and a reputation for writing absolute biased twaddle, what editor would want anything to do with him?

As much as Wu loves to delude himself into thinking he can stay relevant, it's becoming increasingly clear to even him his time to shine is long dead, so now he's trying to see if he can't go out as a martyr and try to prevent what little fake cred he ever had from going down the shitter even if R60 bombs (and it will), and will likely try to say the shit quality was due to "harassment" taking a toll on his talent and creativity or some other horseshit.

Journalism/being a critic is a field that has been compromised for awhile and will force him into a niche the public can safely ignore, and the SJW set already hates his ass, so most of the sinecures they offer are also denied him. He can remain on Twitter bleating about SJW bullshit, but his audience is dying, and once R60 is out, he ain't releasing anything else.

And the "my background is in engineering and running startups" betrays something he probably didn't intend. Namely, once you remove the ultra vague "engineering" part (everyone has seen that, he's shit at what he claims), the other half is an unintentional admission he's fucked up every venture he's touched, this is just the latest 'startup" he ran into the ground.

Von Clausewitz

*Erotic Saxophone Music*
kiwifarms.net
"UGH! Why can't everyone be as enlightened and progressive as us? NORMIES ARE SO GROSS, YOU GUISE!"
Yeah the "SciFi writers are supposed to be progressive"-bit. It you are reading ScFfi because you want to read something "progressive" and not because you want to see how an author envisions the future and how mankind deals with that (or just have a good time and read a good story), then you really don't want to read SciFi - you want your political cock to be sucked.

RomanesEuntDomus

Bunte Farben für Gratismut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some people are old and uncomfortable with certain things that a new, open-minded society demands of them. Simply having a differing, dated opinion doesn't make them bad people. It might not even make them "bigots", unless a rude comment is en par with a thought crime that warrants a short stint in Room 101.
To call these people scumbags is not only excessive, but also contraproductive. Trannys are already allowed and widely accepted in their chosen toilet stalls and noone really gives a shit, but that's not enough. A single person being uncomfortable with that situation and voicing his/her opinion suddenly is reason enough to scream death and vengeance. It's just childish and stupid to be this mad at someone for the trivial matter of voicing ones opinion.

And on a sidenote, I am sure happy that the 140-letter limitation of Twitter spurred these people's literary endeavours on to unparalleled heights, carefully constructing short, concise arguments within the constraints of short bursts of communication.
No really, it's not making them look like morons at all when they use the number 2 as a word.

Last edited:

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah the "SciFi writers are supposed to be progressive"-bit. It you are reading ScFfi because you want to read something "progressive" and not because you want to see how an author envisions the future and how mankind deals with that (or just have a good time and read a good story), then you really don't want to read SciFi - you want your political cock to be sucked.

Science fiction has been powered more by philosophy than anything else. It's about humanity's reaction to things that cannot exist yet. Stories about genetic engineering and the morality behind it were popping up decades before we could even xerox a sheep and make a shitty copy. Some people mistake that as progressive when in actuality it's just throwing "What if we could..." into philosophical discussions.

Luminous Being

Triangle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's got to be tough to figure out what fake career you're going to be pursuing the next few years.
Yeah; can't wait for the excited announcement on Twitter about "my new job at x" or "my new company y". After all, you have to keep all your trolls and haters informed of any development in your life, just like you have to tell them where you are at any given point of the day.

Here's one for the people that can laugh about this the hardest (@Norvic and @Cynical come to mind immediately):

wu_diagnosing_codesigning.png

http://tweetsave.com/spacekatgal/status/767110633435172865

Can you list every single thing that makes this sounds retarded even to someone that don't know dick about code signing please. :)

Richard Stabone

kiwifarms.net
Journalism/being a critic is a field that has been compromised for awhile and will force him into a niche the public can safely ignore, and the SJW set already hates his ass, so most of the sinecures they offer are also denied him. He can remain on Twitter bleating about SJW bullshit, but his audience is dying, and once R60 is out, he ain't releasing anything else.

The journalism industry is such a farce these days I actually think it would keep him relevant. He got to write a fucking Op-Ed in the Boston Globe. Think about that. One of the biggest papers in the country let an unemployed, dropout con artist write an Op-Ed just because he asked. Some left-wing dump like Vox would let him write for them. They'd probably even promote it as long as he keeps pushing their narrative.

Journalism is the best thing he could hope for. It requires zero talent and no credibility on the topic today.

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can you list every single thing that makes this sounds exceptional even to someone that don't know dick about code signing please. :)

Fun fact, she told the story of the code signing ordeal on one of her podcasts.

She spent 5 days fucking with it and getting nowhere, then had a friend who actually knew what they were doing look at it and she fixed it in under a minute just by checking one checkbox.

I did look in to what you'd actually have to do to properly sign the bundle UDK spits out by default. I discovered at least 3 different ways of doing it in about five minutes of googling, including the official tool UDK distributes.

harry

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah; can't wait for the excited announcement on twitter about "my new job at x" or "my new company y". You have to keep all your trolls informed of any development in your life, just like you have to tell them where you are at any given point of the day.

Here's one for the people that can laugh about this the hardest (@Norvic and @Cynical come to mind immediately):

View attachment 126439
http://tweetsave.com/spacekatgal/status/767110633435172865

Can you list every single thing that makes this sounds retarded even to someone that don't know dick about code signing please. :)

Signing your code isn't appreciably harder than signing your name. In any shape or form, you have a certificate and use a program or process to stamp your binaries. It should take a complete idiot under an hour, and I mean slightly trained monkey tier idiot.

It's not like there'd be a wizard that holds your hand every step of the way so you might have to even use the command line, oh wait: https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/rsrc/Three/UnrealiPhonePackager/UnrealiOSConfigurationWizard.jpg

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He brags about it because John has the self-awareness of a potato and the very idea that something he's struggling this much with is actually quite simple doesn't enter into his darkest dreams.

What gets me is that despite being an internet-addicted shut in he somehow hasn't come around to the idea of googling whatever tech problem he's having to find a solution.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, with Wu's flailing how hard she had to work to overcome some mundane problem that should be solved within 10 minutes of googling the issue, I can't help but draw parallels to Chris-chan's muscleman self-image.

See, whenever Chris wanted to prove his strength, he'd do something that he considered hard to do, such as doing bicep curls with a bunch of soda bottles, lifting a chair or running 200m, wheezing like a steamengine, to show his prowess at being an athlete.
Basically, whenver Chris did such a thing, he'd use his stellar circle logic:
1) I am strong and I can barely do this, so that means this requires a lot of strength.
2) This is very hard to do, but since I can, that means I am strong.

It's the same with Wu and programming.
She'll bizarrely overstate how hard it is to do something and then pretend she's this godlike expert for being able to solve it.

And just like with Chris, the moment you look at what Wu actually had to do, you can't help but facepalm even as a complete layman, cause the issues Wu runs into are such easily and quickly fixable, tiny non-issues - like using the goddamn Steam GUI.

The Nameless One

c-cup milking breasts with tits and all
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why would he brag about that? It's like being an electrician and telling people you don't know how to turn off the breaker.

I do get joy out of thinking of all the tantrums that were taking place at the Wu house over this.
Same here. In yet another way that Wu is like Chris, he thinks that just because something is hard for him to do, then it must be objectively "difficult," so eventually figuring it out makes him a super genius.

Though, while I like the idea of Wu chimping out over this all day for several days in a row, he probably just fiddled around with it for a few minutes at a time before going back to playing Peggle.

Edit: I started writing this before @RomanesEuntDomus made his excellent post in a similar vein above.

Von Clausewitz

*Erotic Saxophone Music*
kiwifarms.net
Yeah; can't wait for the excited announcement on Twitter about "my new job at x" or "my new company y".
It will be some media or gaming news site called "Giant Spacekat News" or something equally dumb. The site will be nothing more then a WordPress with some half-custom template paid by Frank's money.

After the "glorious launch" Wu will hire some idiots from her clique/list of followers as "journalist" to generate content. However most of the people writing on her new site will leave quickly, because they won't get paid properly for thier work. The site will have a lacklustre start and the generation of new articles and content will die down within a year (at best).

Wu will claim that the site is be under constant attack by GamerGate and the staff harassed by trolls. We will see more than one "hack by GamerGate", false flags to generate pity-clicks.

I seriously expect something like that to happen

soliloquyR

kiwifarms.net
Here's something that totally happened exactly the way Wu describes it.

"I wish to talk to a manager please!"

View attachment 126363
http://archive.md/9GQCo

That older womans name? Albert Einstein.

View attachment 126364
http://archive.md/TKcnD

Oh and in case you were wondering about all the people asking about this event, it's 5 people that have responded to that tweet directly.

View attachment 126365

@SteelPlatedHeart is a sniper.
>TG friend
>friend
>TG THAT ISN'T JOHN

I'm just gonna file this under shit that never happened, 'kay?
What probably really happened is John was in line for a restroom when a woman gave him a horrified look for looking as ghastly as he does, and he got pissed about it.
Nobody saw this coming. What a surprise. wow

View attachment 126389
https://archive.md/0UnoG

"my background is in engineering and running startups"

More like engineering a fake career and RUINING startups.

Looks like Wu will be with us for a good while if a new company is being started or, perhaps, even JOURNALISM is an option.
LOL JOHN'S TRYING TO WRITE OFF GAMING
You haven't made a fucking game in your life. You hired a team to jerry-rig your shitty failed comic strip idea into a sub-par IOS game. You also don't have a degree in jackshit and have destroyed numerous start-ups funded on other people's money.

RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It will be some media or gaming news site called "Giant Spacekat News" or something equally dumb. The site will be nothing more then a WordPress with some half-custom template paid by Frank's money.

After the "glorious launch" Wu will hire some idiots from her clique/list of followers as "journalist" to generate content. However most of the people writing on her new site will leave quickly, because they won't get paid properly for thier work. The site will have a lacklustre start and the generation of new articles and content will die down within a year (at best).

Wu will claim that the site is be under constant attack by GamerGate and the staff harassed by trolls. We will see more than one "hack by GamerGate", false flags to generate pity-clicks.

I seriously expect something like that to happen
I really like this idea, but somehow I can't picture Wu employing people to write articles for her. After all, that would mean she can't propperly pretend to be the know-it-all genius of the company.
Wu is very fond of adorning herself with borrowed plumes, as we could see with GSX, so I'd assume she'd meddle with everything and call herself the Editor or -in a bizarre twist of events- hire ghostwriters, whose existence she'd try to keep secret for once, rather than inventing people that supposedly work for her.

She could also try to work for an established news outlet (and I use the term lightly), but I wonder, is Wu too narcistic to write for (say) Jezebel or The Mary Sue or would her toxic personality demand that she's the top bitch and thus she's forced to throw more of Franks money into a furnace to create a shitty website of her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.