Brilliant, but canceled

sparklemilhouse

America Online for Dummies™
kiwifarms.net
Shows that we loved, but were canceled.

I keep on hearing rumors that a&e's "Hoarders" has been canceled. I'm devastated, Hoarders was so unintentionally funny. "Intervention" got canned too (they're burning off the last eps this Summer) but sometimes that show was too upsetting to sit and watch. It did give us the lady who was addicted to the compressed air cans though.

My most, most missed canceled show will always be The Critic. There are so, so many eps of mst3k, I will never feel like it was canceled. I haven't gotten near finishing all of them.

Fialovy

isekai'd to CWCville
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dave the Barbarian, that was an amazing show

Also, Papa Beaver Story Time, when I found out that show got cancelled when I was a kid, I cried for what felt like days.

Venusaur

Kiwi Farms Produce Inspector
kiwifarms.net
Oh man, Papa Beaver's Story Time was great. I still remember the story of how the platypus came to be. As for another kid show, I was really sad when Nickelodeon cancelled Angry Beavers.

Recently, I started watching BBC's Mongrels. It became a bit of a guilty pleasure to watch, and it got cancelled after two seasons. I don't know if the show could be classified as "brilliant", it relies on crude/shock similar to South Park. Maybe I just have a weakness for puppets of Russian cats.

mongrels_marion.jpg

Rio

Smug Elliot Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There was a show called Day Break, which was fantastic, but because of its name, it got confused for a different show a lot. Due to this and a lack of marketing, it never got the ratings it deserved, or the ratings it required in order to make it worth keeping around for the channel it was on, resulting in it being cancelled after one season with the story incomplete. Very sad, because it was a genuinely good show.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0801425/

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Venusaur said:
Recently, I started watching BBC's Mongrels. It became a bit of a guilty pleasure to watch, and it got cancelled after two seasons. I don't know if the show could be classified as "brilliant", it relies on crude/shock similar to South Park. Maybe I just have a weakness for puppets of Russian cats.

mongrels_marion.jpg
Man, Mongrels was pretty great.

Fialovy

isekai'd to CWCville
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Venusaur said:
Oh man, Papa Beaver's Story Time was great. I still remember the story of how the platypus came to be. As for another kid show, I was really sad when Nickelodeon cancelled Angry Beavers.

I had to be like three or four when I found out that, the show was taken off air. It is a childhood memory that I will never forget.

Trombonista

ここからこう
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought Undeclared and Greg the Bunny were cancelled too soon.

pickleniggo

pickle enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
sparklemilhouse said:
I keep on hearing rumors that a&e's "Hoarders" has been canceled. I'm devastated, Hoarders was so unintentionally funny.

I feel like this forum needs it's own Hoarders thread, but it would probably be just you and I discussing how ridiculous it is.
I haven't been keeping up with it AT ALL this passed year, but I did catch the woman who was putting dead animals in the fridge. Was "cat juice" the term they used for the foul liquid at the bottom? For once, I was speechless while watching.

sparklemilhouse

America Online for Dummies™
kiwifarms.net
captkrisma said:
I remember I was bummed out as a kid when the show 'Capital Critters' was canceled. Then I watched a couple episodes a year or so back.

That show was on for three weeks maybe, but yet Burger King had toys based on the show in their kids meal.

Fialovy

isekai'd to CWCville
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, the Wuzzles, another favorite childhood show of mine. It mainly had to do with one of the voice actors dying and them unable find a suitable replacement and just cancelled it out of respect. Still, I watched that show thinking there would be a new episode eventually but it was all just reruns.

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
pickleniggo said:
sparklemilhouse said:
I keep on hearing rumors that a&e's "Hoarders" has been canceled. I'm devastated, Hoarders was so unintentionally funny.

I feel like this forum needs it's own Hoarders thread, but it would probably be just you and I discussing how ridiculous it is.
I haven't been keeping up with it AT ALL this passed year, but I did catch the woman who was putting dead animals in the fridge. Was "cat juice" the term they used for the foul liquid at the bottom? For once, I was speechless while watching.
There's always Hoarding: Buried Alive. Hoarders' less funny cousin.