Brilliant, but canceled

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Miller

RIP avatar
kiwifarms.net
Sports Night: Gutted this only got a 2 series run, Aaron Sorkin decided to put all his time into The West Wing.
I would also add Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. The network decided to go with a sitcom (30 Rock) instead of a drama about a SNL-like show.

FaceOfTrueHorror

kiwifarms.net
TV shows
King of the Hill, had a good really good run and lasted a long while, just wish it ended on the creators terms not to make way for a Family Guy spin off.
Beavis and Butthead reboot, that was so good, I have no idea why it only lasted one season.
Ash vs the Dead, felt it had another season or two in it.
Moral Orel, while the last season is the best and does give Orel himself a good ending, I fell the show should have ended with the original planned 5 seasons before it was cancled for being too dark for Adult Swim.

Movies:
Guillermo del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness, feel like he was the right person to do a big budget version of this, studios always seemed to get cold feet however.

Flash Gordon reboot by Fox, Disney just canceled that when they bought Fox, they had Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi on board, would have really liked to see what he would do with a big budget movie without the Marvel baggage

Ben Affleck's Rigged McDonald’s Monopoly Sweepstakes movie, sounded great and he seems like a great pick going off the Town and Gone Baby Gone, could have been the budget being much, so no idea why Disney canceled it. Here is a news story about the whole deal https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-monopoly-game-rigged-scam-report-2018-7?r=US&IR=T

Ronnie Rocket, a movie that David Lynch has tried a few times to get made over the years, " Ronnie Rocket concerned the story of a detective seeking to enter a mysterious second dimension, aided by his ability to stand on one leg. He is being obstructed on this quest by a strange landscape of odd rooms and a threatening train; while being stalked by the "Donut Men", who wield electricity as a weapon. In addition to the detective's story, the film was to show the tale of Ronald d'Arte, a teenage dwarf, who suffers a surgical mishap which leaves him dependent on being plugged into an electrical supply at regular intervals; this dependence grants him an affinity over electricity which he can use to produce music or cause destruction. The boy names himself Ronnie Rocket and becomes a rock star, befriending a tap-dancer named Electra-Cute"

Last edited:

Duncan Hills Coffee

Brutal
kiwifarms.net
Beavis and Butthead reboot, that was so good, I have no idea why it only lasted one season.
Because it wasn't succeeding with MTV's demographic of teenage girls. The show got consistently high ratings, but MTV really wanted that 12-14 female demographic, so it was canned to make room for more reality TV shows.

I'm still mad about that. The revival was amazing; you could tell Mike Judge had really matured as a writer in the intervening years from his other works, which made the satire have that much more bite. It was the first and last time I ever tuned in to MTV.

frozenrunner

Infinitely worse 2022 confirmed
kiwifarms.net
"People of Earth", a great comedy-drama on TBS that was cancelled after two seasons and ended on a cliffhanger.

That was a great comedy. Especially for fucking TBS. I assume all the budget went to the alien makeup because it was outstanding.

I can't believe no streaming service had a place for it :roll:

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
I would also add Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. The network decided to go with a sitcom (30 Rock) instead of a drama about a SNL-like show.
And thank god they did, I like Matthew perry more than most people but studio 60 was a slog.

RapeMan

Memento Gunti
kiwifarms.net
i'd say frisky dingo, but we got archer from it's cancellation

Would we all hate Frisky Dingo if it was in it's 9th season? That's for the precogs to decide. Until then Archer fans are the Buzz Aldrins of Williams Street.

Attachments

• tv.jpg
    tv.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 101

Frank D'arbo

LET'S HAVE A TOAST TO THE GIRL IN AISLE 10!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
* Future-Worm!
I thought Future-Worm had a perfectly fine run.

Ryan Quincy's previous show, Out There, ended WAY too early with only 10 episodes, on a channel nobody watched.

That's the one show I'd give my kidneys for to come back.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
I thought Future-Worm had a perfectly fine run.

Ryan Quincy's previous show, Out There, ended WAY too early with only 10 episodes, on a channel nobody watched.

That's the one show I'd give my kidneys for to come back.

Wanting Out There back, I can understand - That was cut way too short to leave the impact it wanted to, from what I learned about it.

However, the reason I mention what I did? That ending to Future-Worm! was just rather rushed, though. Maybe if it wasn't a Disney show, it would have lasted longer... Emphasis on maybe.

Frank D'arbo

LET'S HAVE A TOAST TO THE GIRL IN AISLE 10!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wanting Out There back, I can understand - That was cut way too short to leave the impact it wanted to, from what I learned about it.

However, the reason I mention what I did? That ending to Future-Worm! was just rather rushed, though. Maybe if it wasn't a Disney show, it would have lasted longer... Emphasis on maybe.
Did you not watch Out There?

The way you worded it sounds like you didn't it. I'll give you a link to the show if you want

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Did you not watch Out There?

The way you worded it sounds like you didn't it. I'll give you a link to the show if you want

I've learned about it, but never got the itch to watch it - I've heard it was an overlooked gem, kinda like Mission Hill, if that sounds like a better way to put my understanding out there of things.

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
I'm still salty that Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes got canned for more bland MCU style shit.

Losing Wolverine and the X-Men sucked too hands down the best X-Men cartoon imo.