Megathread British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal (BCHRT) Round Two - All subsequent BCHRT tribunal material goes here.

rigors

kiwifarms.net
Said it before and I will again: what about women born with a birth defect or something that causes development issues? Do THEY get to have cosmetic, gender-affirming surgery paid for by the state? Fuck, I'd sue if I lived there.
(as I am in the aforementioned class of being born with P.E. and had corrective surgery to save my life, which caused developmental issues and I had two reconstructive surgeries just to look normal-ish).

What about cancer survivors, do they get any reconstruction for free? Why is gender-affirming treatments only for trans people? Lord knows that women who have copious facial hair or tiny/malformed breasts or a chest flattened from mastectomies probably feel pretty shitty themselves but that doesn't matter, it's COSMETIC, you cis shitlord. Maybe if more distressed women threatened suicide (lol haha no, that's just evidence of our HYSTERIA I suppose).

If they ever allow this in my state I will definitely look into raising a huge stink (I'm tenacious and cunty like that).

Men need to roll the dice just like women when they transition, and not every woman out there has large, perfect breasts. Deal with it, you freaks, just as us natal females have to play the hand we're dealt. You want a different outcome that hormones fail to give you? Pay for that shit yourself. Matter of fact, every aspect of transition should be as prohibitively costly as any cosmetic surgery,

Totally agree.

It doesn't even make sense when you apply their logic. Man feels like a woman = he must gets breasts and long hair and wear dresses and heels. But there is no such thing as biological sex!!! Gender is not binary!!! I can't find it but there was a guide to teach MTF how to walk in a "feminine" way. It involved swinging hips and wearing heels IIRC, or something like that. They just see women in their fetishised heads, not as people but as something that exists as their idea of "woman".

Being a woman is so so much more than that. Firstly the being a biological female. Then everything that comes along with it that causes physical, psychological and sociological difficulties. You can't put on a wig and heels and say you are one of us. Fuck off.

But there is no such thing as biological sex and gender is binary you bigot!!!

Short Stack

kiwifarms.net
Look at 1920's Germany...Most any perversion you can name was acceptable & endorsed in the metro areas.
A swing to far to the right in response to this..& you got hitler.
The decadence wasn't the only factor in his rise, a contributing one tho.
"if you give everyone their rights...you've effectively taken everyone's rights...as no one has the right to disagree"

Allakazam223

We wuz Orkz n shit
kiwifarms.net
Yeah its fucked up. This is what happens when a country hits a certain level of decadency, in short we are due for a bloody war that makes people think about the basic survival way of life. People just got it too easy and make problems to solve.
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

We are currently in between Good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times. What is weaker than mass mental disease that pushes feminization/masculinization of changing yourself into the other gender, acceptance of a mental disease that encourages body modifcation and wide spread sexual predators?

Edit to clarify my point more. @Short Stack thank you for pointing out that I wasn't entirely clear on my viewpoint.

Last edited:

General Disarray

In the dark of the day or the black of the sun
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they ever allow this in my state I will definitely look into raising a huge stink (I'm tenacious and cunty like that).
I know this is OT insofar as the topic of the BCHRT but....
I just found out that my state's Medicare covers gender-affirming surgery.
Gov. Evers, you little twink, I am coming for you. No wonder you don't want the public to see your emails.
Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind - you messed with the wrong woman. :unholy:

Cynically Insane

They must have taken my marbles away
kiwifarms.net
In Canada you do not go to jail for failing to pay fines. Ever. This never ending dream that Yaniv is going to jail is delusional. Even if there was CP he would likely not get real jail time. Americans fail to understand the bleeding heart that beats within the Canadian justice system.

Regardless of his failure to make his previous respondents whole, he is entitled to file more claims. Just because you are a criminal, a grifter or a vexatious litigant, the HRT can not deny you the human right to access the system. It is fundamental.

Long run, I think this abuse is fabulous and will likely lead to the demise or at least reinvention of the HRT process in every province. As it should. The powerful legal beagles behind the scenes are already making plans.

Yaniv's victims will never get justice. The most they can hope for is to play a part in fixing an unjust system.

Choose carefully

kiwifarms.net
Did Devyn's ruling ever touch on whether or not a troon's rights trump those of a person's religious beliefs? Is there some sort of hierarchy of rights that would explain why a Sikh woman should have to be forced to touch a male that is not her husband?

The ruling made it clear that DC avoided having to consider the question of competing rights:

[13] The Represented Respondents argue that a decision by this Tribunal finding discrimination implicates their rights and the values conferred by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms [Charter]. They specifically invoke the rights of freedom of religion and security of the person, and Canada’s commitment to multiculturalism: Charter, ss. 2(a), 7, and 27. I accept that, where a complaint engages Charter protections, the Tribunal is bound to render a decision that gives effect to those protections as fully as possible within its mandate: Trinity Western University v. Law Society of BC, 2018 SCC 32; Oger v. Whatcott (No. 7), 2019 BCHRT 58 [Oger (No. 7)] at paras. 55‐56. However, given my findings, this decision does not engage or impact the Respondents’ rights under the Charter. I have, therefore, not found it necessary to engage in this exercise.

Depending on the specifics of the new complaint, this might come into play this time.

They could try, but the HRT does not have precedent like most other courts.

The HRT is bound by precedent from higher courts but not by decisions at the same level. Higher courts follow the exact same rules.

Safir

目が覚めて落ちぶれろ
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't expect consistency from Jonny. But yes, "genderfluid" male workers with the sole duty of waxing/massaging/do pedicure on troons would probably solve the issue.
Is there even a right to demand an employee of a specific "gender" from a private business (unlike things like the public health system, where the state has a vested interest in encouraging shy women have their privates checked)? "I want a male mechanic, women should stay in the kitchen."

Patricia Highsmith

Getting away with murder.
kiwifarms.net
True, but metal ones are hell on the arms and wrists and wooden ones make a satisfying wet crunch.
This has been dealt with at length in cinema. Metal bats are "shiny queer things". Be Cool.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 9.22.11 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 9.22.11 am.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 144

AbraCadaver

JAPES OF ALL KINDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If this had been a couple of years ago, Yaniv could have been dealt with via a phone call and a short discussion of what type of baseball bat should be used to break his legs with.

Wooden is, of course, traditional, but the metal ones make that adorable little 'toonk!' noise when they hit something.
You can’t drive nails through a metal bat and let’s face it, if you’re not wielding a bat just to have nails in it then what are you even doing with your life.

Mitt Doggy Dogg

kiwifarms.net
Oh my god, just stuff him and his senile harpy mother in a shipping crate and send them back to Israel. Daddy's money can't be worth the ongoing joke this dress-wearing sped is making Cuckada out to be.
what did his dad do for a living, it amazes me this troon doesn't have to work, it really seems to me like people that have no real worries in life create all these problems, if he had normal problems like paying rent and trying to save so he could buy his first house he wouldn't have time for all his bs

rigors

kiwifarms.net
Is there even a right to demand an employee of a specific "gender" from a private business (unlike things like the public health system, where the state has a vested interest in encouraging shy women have their privates checked)? "I want a male mechanic, women should stay in the kitchen."

I don't know any laws but I used to work in a place that had a training salon/spa onsite and 90% of the trainees were teenage girls, the rest were adult women and there was one adult man. There was this dude who came in and wanted chest/stomach massages (was on the menu so to speak so not a custom request, I find it weird personally but eh). The first couple of times the trainee assigned to him was a teen. He gave them creepy vibes so they told their tutor and after that if the guy ever came back they said they'd assign the male trainee. Male massaged him the next time he came in but the time after when he booked he specifically asked for a female masseuse. They told him to fuck off basically, male masseuse only or go elsewhere. He never came back. I wonder if he was a Yaniv he would have complained about it.

I would assume you can request someone of the same sex for any personal/imtimate service. There's not much reason to since same sex is usually requested to keep awkwardness as minimal as possible.

Regardless, the sensible rule should be that no one of any sex is required to intimately touch any other person if they don't want to.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
I would assume you can request someone of the same sex for any personal/imtimate service. There's not much reason to since same sex is usually requested to keep awkwardness as minimal as possible.
You can always request it, just like you could request any other special consideration... the question is whether they have to accommodate your request.

Also don't forget that Jonathan is legally a woman now... if he specifically demanded to have a woman wax his nuts, he'd be asking for "someone of the same sex" as far as the law is concerned.

I could see there being an issue if normally they'd grant a woman's request to have a woman wax her intimates, but treat a trans woman requesting that differently. They need to either be able to justify it as "this client gave us the creeps and it has nothing to do with trans-ness" or they need to justify it as "we don't have any female employees who are qualified to wax testicles, regardless of whether you call them male or female testicles."

rigors

kiwifarms.net
You can always request it, just like you could request any other special consideration... the question is whether they have to accommodate your request.

Also don't forget that Jonathan is legally a woman now... if he specifically demanded to have a woman wax his nuts, he'd be asking for "someone of the same sex" as far as the law is concerned.

I could see there being an issue if normally they'd grant a woman's request to have a woman wax her intimates, but treat a trans woman requesting that differently. They need to either be able to justify it as "this client gave us the creeps and it has nothing to do with trans-ness" or they need to justify it as "we don't have any female employees who are qualified to wax testicles, regardless of whether you call them male or female testicles."

Is he legally female? I've seen contrasting reports. He still goes by both names it seems.

If you want to change your gender identity cool, but on IDs it should say both their biological sex and their gender identity. Changing birth certificates is bizarre to me, passports and driving licences make more sense as they need to be up to date and it would be strange to have someone like Blaire White having a M on their licences. They should still have their biological sex noted somewhere, even if they want their identity to be the main marker. Besides, in an emergency medical professionals need to know what they are dealing with.

Tags
None