Megathread British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal (BCHRT) - All initial BCHRT related material goes here, including updates on current hearings.

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Elsie is a treasure and her tweets deserve their own thread.
Doesn't seem necessary if all she's tweeting about is the BCHRT- which is probably intentional atm to keep her account from being endangered. I think the only reason she'd need a thread to herself is if Jonathan started trying to go after her outside whinging at the tribunal members. And I don't put it past him to try harassing her.

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Elsie is a treasure and her tweets deserve their own thread.
I agree, she is pretty awesome. However, once her coverage of the tribunal hearings end, I don't think she'd have anything to sustain a thread. Leaving it here is just simpler for everyone and condenses everything into one area. If something changes though and she becomes a big player (long-term), I wouldn't be opposed to that idea. :)

UselessRubberKeyboard

ZX Spectrum lives matter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And this is how the law works in the land of maple syrup everyone.
View attachment 858608
Yaniv was talking to at least one of the waxers in these cases about being on his period and "working around the string", but yeah, let's totally ignore the whole period fetish thing when it comes to deciding if women should be forced to play with this fat perve's dick. All the tens (hundreds?) of screenshots - 11 years' worth - of Yaniv telling underage girls he wants to go into women's spaces and ask them about their periods while expecting to see tits and ass everywhere - absolutely nothing to do with Yaniv trying to get into yet more women's spaces (waxing services) while still talking about periods.

The venerable Member is an ass, M'Lud.

Ctrl+Alt+Rt

cis aro
kiwifarms.net
Honestly though, it was to be expected that the BCHRT didn't accept screenshots of period fetish material into evidence. They can't establish the provenance of those screenshots without bringing in the girls for testimony, and that would be a complete distraction and not germane to the actual issue of law at hand.

Also, it sounds like the tribunal is already prepared to rule against Yaniv and is trying to close off any means of appeal to the BC Supreme Court by not admitting any evidence that is meant to question Yaniv's membership in the protected class.

Yaniv made a real mistake going after Muslim immigrant women. The HRT practically exists for Muslims – one decision forced a black landlord to pay $17,000 to his Muslim ex-tenants because he accidentally stepped on their prayer rug while wearing shoes and sometimes forgot to give their requested 1-hr and 5-min notice (so the wife could put on hijab) beyond the legally required 24-hrs notice of entry. All this while he was working around their 5x/day prayer schedule to show the apartment because they had given him notice 1 month after moving in. And he was brought to court and forced to defend himself right after his son's death, no adjournment. That's an expensive prayer rug.

WGkitty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yaniv made a real mistake going after Muslim immigrant women. The HRT practically exists for Muslims – one decision forced a black landlord to pay $17,000 to his Muslim ex-tenants because he accidentally stepped on their prayer rug while wearing shoes and sometimes forgot to give their requested 1-hr and 5-min notice (so the wife could put on hijab) beyond the legally required 24-hrs notice of entry. All this while he was working around their 5x/day prayer schedule to show the apartment because they had given him notice 1 month after moving in. And he was brought to court and forced to defend himself right after his son's death, no adjournment. That's an expensive prayer rug.
I disagree, the BCHRT exists to screw over decent hardworking people over perceived slights.

Henry Case

Temet Nosce
kiwifarms.net
Addressing the issue in the BCHRT is foolish. If we look at CanLII, he may have been operating in other jurisdictions of Canada, so it would be a good idea to have a timeline of when he lived where, so we can eliminate false positives.

It looks like he's only comfortable playing in Tribunals, which is why I am suggesting that we get him out of his comfort zone. These prior tribunal travesties need to be challenged with a Judicial Review, because this shit has to be quashed.

He's vexatious, should he MUST be banned from any Provincial Court, unless he is attending a scheduled hearing which he is a participant. He is making a mockery of the justice system.

Attachments

Tags
None