Megathread British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal (BCHRT) - All initial BCHRT related material goes here, including updates on current hearings.

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

C4605

kiwifarms.net
Do any Canadians know how much it would cost Yaniv to take this to the BC Supreme Court? I'm guessing that would take a real lawyer charging real money, right? It seems like going to any Supreme Court is going to cost more than the 6000 Canada bucks that he's currently complaining he can't afford.

Also, it's amusing because Yaniv said he made 'three figures' a day at the BCHRT. Which makes it hard to then claim he can't afford 6000 CAD in costs.
If he’s self-represented it will cost him about $400 in the various filing fees. As far as I know the Court wouldn’t award costs to the HRT when Yaniv loses. The Court might award costs to the represented women if the matter isn’t immediately dismissed (which it likely will be).

Just a note - BC Supreme Court isn’t like the Supreme Court of a state. It’s just the superior trial court of the province and is one of the lower levels of court. It deals with serious criminal and civil cases as well as random other things like wills and judicial review of administrative tribunals. If Yaniv has the balls, she could appeal to two more levels of courts.

Technically Yaniv could make three figures a day working 8 hours at minimum wage ($13.85/hr) in BC, so for once she’s probably not lying.

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
kiwifarms.net
Technically Yaniv could make three figures a day working 8 hours at minimum wage ($13.85/hr) in BC, so for once she’s probably not lying.
He claimed 'mid three figures' a day which makes it sound like he makes more than minimum wage

JY says respondent was uncooperative, wouldn't participate in mediation, JY has had to miss work, (makes mid three figures a day) wants costs for this hearing and three more cases in next week or so where respondents will not appear.

pr3nt177

kiwifarms.net
If he’s self-represented it will cost him about $400 in the various filing fees. As far as I know the Court wouldn’t award costs to the HRT when Yaniv loses. The Court might award costs to the represented women if the matter isn’t immediately dismissed (which it likely will be).

Just a note - BC Supreme Court isn’t like the Supreme Court of a state. It’s just the superior trial court of the province and is one of the lower levels of court. It deals with serious criminal and civil cases as well as random other things like wills and judicial review of administrative tribunals. If Yaniv has the balls, she could appeal to two more levels of courts.

How's he earning that 3 figure a day though? afaik he's only recently got himself a part-time shop/selling job. Must be those Paris catwalk "modelling" assignments. smh.

He's bullshitting. Null reckons his consultancy business brings in no money at all these days.
Exactly. Any 'salary' came from his scams so I can well believe he's now skint, that was one large pay packet he was banking on.

Last edited:

C4605

kiwifarms.net
According to Court Services, some enforcement action is being taken on the HRT costs award. For some reason Yaniv is listed as the claimant, but I think the ladies filed thein BC Supreme Court as the first step in enforcing it. I tried to get copies of the files but CSO was being uncooperative.

Yaniv’s about to learn the hard way that when you don’t pay your judgment debts, the BC courts are going to get them out of you one way or another.

Kiwisatz Spergeract

I chose the chocolate highway over the golden path
kiwifarms.net
Yaniv’s about to learn the hard way that when you don’t pay your judgment debts, the BC courts are going to get them out of you one way or another.
He's hoping for other ways. He wants to drag it out and be as dramatic as possible to add to his oppressed martyrdom that he attempts to project. "Look at these horrible people, stealing my things because an unfair tribunal ruled incorrectly and now the Cis scum defendants are punishing me for being a true and honest wamman who wanted her balls waxed"

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net

pr3nt177

kiwifarms.net
Suicide threats are a dime a dozen. He needs to deliver.
He's hoping for other ways. He wants to drag it out and be as dramatic as possible to add to his oppressed martyrdom that he attempts to project. "Look at these horrible people, stealing my things because an unfair tribunal ruled incorrectly and now the Cis scum defendants are punishing me for being a true and honest wamman who wanted her balls waxed"
Aw, tootsie is broke. he has a celeb lifestyle to uphold I'll have you know.....all those twitter supporters don't buy themselves, "beauty" treatments don't just fall from the sky and he has a new gown and nylon wig to buy for Miss BC. Have some pity on the bloke.

I'm surprised all his LBGTALPHABET+ supporters, who he tirelessly fights for, aren't rallying around with the usual GoFundMe guff.

Reactions: LateNightMuffin

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
How dare these niggas demand money from me, a privileged white man!

Kiwi Lime Pie

Always tasteful with no blarney. 🥝🥧🐈☘
kiwifarms.net
It's probably not too surprising to see Yaniv appeal without offering any sort of meaningful legal grounds for the appeal. Protip: hurt fee-fees are never grounds for an appeal.

Yaniv claiming Member Cousineau was somehow biased against him was rich. If anything, the latter seemed to be more partial to Yaniv in some respects based on their ex parte communications. However, Member Cousineau seemed to have a method to her madness as shown by her rather well-written and presented ruling on the original set of cases. I get the impression she would have ruled in Yaniv's favor had the latter presented a fact-based case showing all of the following; What happened to wrong Yaniv, why it was wrong, and what specific remedy should be granted.

Instead, Yaniv's arguments boiled down to a generic complaint of hurt feelings and perceived transphobia -- something easily disrpoven by those respondents retaining JCCF representation. Worse, Yaniv had the perfect opportunity to present an open-and-shut, fact-based case for the hearing(s) where the respondents either failed or chose not to appear. Instead, Yaniv and mummy spouted off about irrelevant details that really had no bearing on anything and were anecdotal at best.

At the time, many of of questioned why Member Cousineau would allow both Yaniv and mummy to say all the outrageous things they did at the uncontested hearing(s). However, it seems like Cousineau may have been smarter than we thouight because part of her appeal denial seemed to suggest that Yaniv had plenty of opportunity to argue the facts during the original hearings, but they chose not to for whatever reason -- something we saw in these specific hearings where Yaniv presented little of value apart from the demand for a large cash judgement whose sum seemed to be little more than a number Yaniv pulled out of thin air. As a result, those facts that weren't claimed initially but were now incorrectly presented during the appeal cannot be entertained -- especially Yaniv's scREEching about the $6k judgement being unaffordable when JCCF representation appears to have cost 2.5 times that.

I'd also agree that Member Cousineau has presented both her original ruling and the appeal denial in a way that would make it difficult for a higher court to find something to overturn on appeal. Where Yaniv failed to present facts and logic, she's done so in a seemingly impeccable way while citing Yaniv's own words, behavior, and inaction as the basis for her decisions.
[E: fix two wrong words]

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net
It's probably not too surprising to see Yaniv appeal without offering any sort of meaningful legal grounds for the appeal. Protip: hurt fee-fees are never grounds for an appeal.
It's pretty much a standard thing for lolsuits though isn't it? It's almost like narcissists have no way to separate 'X pissed me off' from 'X broke the law' in their minds. They just assume that pissing them off is inherently illegal and become very angry when the legal system tells them this ain't necessarily so.

Inside every lolcow is a wannabe tyrant. Luckily for us most of the West still has a legal system which restrains them to some extent.

Norman B. Normal

I probably shouldn't be here.
kiwifarms.net
Yaniv claiming Member Cousineau was somehow biased against him was rich. If anything, the latter seemed to be more partial to Yaniv in some respects based on their ex parte communications. However, Member Cousineau seemed to have a method to her madness as shown by her rather well-written and presented ruling on the original set of cases. I get the impression she would have ruled in Yaniv's favor had the latter presented a fact-based case showing all of the following; What happened to wrong Yaniv, why it was wrong, and what specific remedy should be granted.
I think that's a pretty common tactic for dealing with vexatious litigants: bend over backward to be fair and respectful during the proceedings so that when you drop the hammer on them later they will have no reasonable basis for an appeal.

Bani

Rob Liefeld's Pouches
kiwifarms.net
"Finally, Ms. Yaniv asks that I reduce the amount of costs I awarded against her, explaining that she cannot afford to pay such a high award and has already suffered because of anti‐trans harassment and attacks."

HAHAHA. The hilarity never ends.

"Next, Ms. Yaniv raises a new argument: that she, or maybe other transgender women, required genital hair removal in preparation for surgery."

Desperate belated reasoning from yaniv as he, under oath, confirmed (after repeatedly being asked by JC) that he had not approached anyone regarding surgery let alone had a date for surgery. "it's complicated" indeed.

jonny is totally pissed off that he didn't get what he wanted. His cash complaint is the ultimate LOL moment for me - asking for loss of earnings from his about his 3 figure-a-day salary; interest on any "penalty" awarded; upping the amount he wanted on the fly; chuckling about getting an early Christmas present to now claiming he can't afford a piddling $6,000.

The immigrants won jonny but I so want to see you take this further.

I hope he scrounges the money together to hire himself a lawyer. I want to see a real can of worms opened where he tries to deny saying things, as is his usual MO, that has been recorded with the BCHRT. He was given plenty of leeway at the time so him now disputing things and trying to raise new issues is hilarious. He totally blew his one chance. :lit:Get him in a real court and let a real lawyer at him I say.
God this clown. Just paying the fines is a fraction of what hiring a lawyer would cost.

You should never, ever represent yourself in court, even if you're a lawyer.

Watching Yaniv try to represent himself before the BC supreme court might be the most hilarious spectacle in Kiwi history though, so I hope he does it anyway.

Tags
None