Broccoli Chicken -

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
You know that dish at every Chinese buffet, the one that's just broccoli, thinly sliced chicken, maybe some carrot slices in a brown sauce? What I need to know is, what is that sauce? I have tried recreating it and get close, but can't quite manage it. I've tried googling it to no avail, the recipes I've found and tried don't seem to be what I'm after. I realize that this is a personal failure on my part to notice something basic, feel free to mock me for it as long as you give me the secret of that sauce.

• Feels
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

JULAY

kiwifarms.net

Martin Yan’s All-Purpose Stir-Fry Sauce
Makes one cup

½ cup canned chicken broth
¼ cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. light soy sauce
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground white pepper
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp. water

Combine the broth, wine, sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, salt, and white pepper in a small bowl and mix well.

Place a wok or stir-fry pan over high heat. Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour in the seasoning from the bowl and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook until the sauce boils and thickens, about one minute. Store in a covered container in the fridge; the sauce will keep for up to one week.

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
This is almost exactly like my favorite restaurant uses! I've spent a month and a half perfecting the recipe, so now I'm not as fond of broccoli chicken as I once was. BUT! I can make it if I want to, so neener.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm also quite fond of stuffing a chicken breast with broccoli and cheese then wrapping it in bacon.

• Feels
Reactions: FatalTater

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net

Makes one cup

½ cup canned chicken broth
¼ cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. light soy sauce
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground white pepper
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp. water

Combine the broth, wine, sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, salt, and white pepper in a small bowl and mix well.

Place a wok or stir-fry pan over high heat. Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour in the seasoning from the bowl and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook until the sauce boils and thickens, about one minute. Store in a covered container in the fridge; the sauce will keep for up to one week.
OK, this is totally weird, but I always have random things playing on my phone as I'm working. I took a break to peruse the farms and the episode where Martin Yan is making his master sauce is on right now. He's making squab with it.

Tags
None