Bruce Campbell confirms more Evil Dead on the way -

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

Last year we were hit with the double whammy of Starz canceling ASH VS EVIL DEAD and Bruce Campbell retiring from the role of Ash for the rest of time. Well, Campbell recently was out and about talking up his upcoming reboot of RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT? and while the chin did confirm that he will no longer be playing the role of Ash Williams (or Elvis in BUBBA HO-TEP 2) he did confirm the EVIL DEAD saga is far from, you know, dead.
They’re going to see different versions, they’re going to be seeing more ‘Evil Dead,’ too. We’re not done with the ‘Evil Dead’ saga, more stories to tell.
I don't know about you but I can only imagine that he means there will be another entry in the Jane Levy remake series. God knows that's just what all of us horror fans need in our life. No kidding. Please, Hollywood, bring on EVIL DEAD PART II. Speaking of which, the 2013 remake followed:
Mia (Jane Levy), a drug addict, is determined to kick the habit. To that end, she asks her brother, David (Shiloh Fernandez), his girlfriend, Natalie (Elizabeth Blackmore) and their friends Olivia (Jessica Lucas) and Eric (Lou Taylor Pucci) to accompany her to their family's remote forest cabin to help her through withdrawal. Eric finds a mysterious Book of the Dead at the cabin and reads aloud from it, awakening an ancient demon. All hell breaks loose when the malevolent entity possesses Mia.
EVIL DEAD (2013) was directed by Fede Alvarez from a screenplay written by Alvarez along with Rodo Sayagues based on The Evil Dead by Sam Raimi. Raimi produced the remake along with Campbell and Robert Tapert. The flick starred Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas, and Elizabeth Blackmore.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
I say they should make a movie related to Ash vs Evil Dead, which has Ash's daughter and the other two Pablo and Kelly. Make it like a dark Back To The Future where the three of them go back to the 80s and prevent the Deadites from attempting to kill a young Ash Williams.

Chin of Campbell

The Coming Chin
kiwifarms.net
Knowing Bruce himself won't be appearing as much is hampering this good news, but I would love to see more people fighting skeletons.

I always kind of hoped AvED would go completely off the rails and have an entire season in the Dark Ages or go way into the future (ironic, considering the ending).

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
or Elvis in BUBBA HO-TEP 2
I mean...he died at the end of the first one, right? Why would he come back for the sequel?

I remember the original plan years ago was to eventually tie together the plots of the Evil Dead remake and the original series, and I'm disappointed that never came to pass. Don't get me wrong, we got an amazing TV series, but there was potential in having the remake tie into it. I mean hell, the post-credits was literally Ash saying "groovy." I haven't seen the remake since it came out in theaters, but it was really good from what I remember, and if nothing else it does deserve a sequel.

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net
They'll turn it into more diversity fuck the white people shit like everything else coming out of Hollywood today.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
They'll turn it into more diversity fuck the white people shit like everything else coming out of Hollywood today.
They kind of already did that with the TV series, with Ash's sidekicks being a Jewess and a Hispanic, but at the end of the day it was still a fucking white male boomer saving the day and being the main hero, so it was fine.

• Feels
Reactions: Poiseon

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I mean...he died at the end of the first one, right? Why would he come back for the sequel?

I remember the original plan years ago was to eventually tie together the plots of the Evil Dead remake and the original series, and I'm disappointed that never came to pass. Don't get me wrong, we got an amazing TV series, but there was potential in having the remake tie into it. I mean hell, the post-credits was literally Ash saying "groovy." I haven't seen the remake since it came out in theaters, but it was really good from what I remember, and if nothing else it does deserve a sequel.
Apparently it was a just a joke at the end of the credits of Bubba Ho-Tep, but I swear I remember Joe Lansdale on an old obscure podcast, The League of Extra-Ordinary Gentlemen from the now defunct Spill.com talk about that he had an idea for Bubba Nosferatu after the original novella.

Chin of Campbell

The Coming Chin
kiwifarms.net
Apparently it was a just a joke at the end of the credits of Bubba Ho-Tep, but I swear I remember Joe Lansdale on an old obscure podcast, The League of Extra-Ordinary Gentlemen from the now defunct Spill.com talk about that he had an idea for Bubba Nosferatu after the original novella.
Bubba Nosferatu was pitched at some point, I think, but I think everyone turned it down since the original was such a good movie.

Other unmade Campbell sequels include Bruce Campbell vs. Frankenstein (sequel to My Name is Bruce) and Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (made into a comic book instead). There's also all of those Evil Dead sequels that were planned.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
In a related story:

BRUCE CAMPBELL: FULLY IMMERSIVE EVIL DEAD VIDEO GAME COMING SOON
20 hours ago by: Mike Sprague

Last year we were hit with the double whammy of Starz canceling ASH VS EVIL DEAD and Bruce Campbell retiring from the role of Ash for the rest of time. Well, Campbell recently was out and about talking up his upcoming reboot of RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT? and while the chin did confirm that he will no longer be playing the role of Ash Williams (or Elvis in BUBBA HO-TEP 2) he did confirm the EVIL DEAD saga is far from, you know, dead.
They’re going to see different versions, they’re going to be seeing more ‘Evil Dead,’ too. We’re not done with the ‘Evil Dead’ saga, more stories to tell.
And today we have word via the man himself that there is at the very least a fully immersive EVIL DEAD: VIDEO GAME coming our way within the year. Sweet! Specifically, Campbell says:
We’ll see more Evil Dead, that’s for sure. There is an Evil Dead video game out. A fully immersive video game probably within a year. I’m not sure about the day. There will be variations of that. There won’t be the original Ash anymore. That guy is done.
So, a new video game - but without Ash. That's what I'm hearing here. If memory serves, other than some Android games here and there, the last true EVIL DEAD video game was EVIL DEAD: REGENERATION back in 2005. I'm not a big video game guy by any means so I could be wrong about that. Either way, how excited are you for a fully immersive EVIL DEAD video game? Make sure to hit us up and let us know below! Meanwhile, we will make sure to keep up to date with any and all further news and updates on this new fully immersive video game and pass along info as we hear it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino