$ (BTC) The Bitcoin Thread - NO SHITCOINERS ALLOWED

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
I bought £40 of bitcoin on coin base but it hasn’t shown up literally anywhere on my account yet which is kinda strange. I know I did the purchase since my bank texted me and I punched in the verification code they gave me. I’m hoping it’s just some weird glitch or something and it’ll show up at some point today. If it hasn’t I’ll double check the money has actually left my bank account and if it hasn’t then gr8 but if it has I’ll have to go full Karen and see if there’s a manager I can talk to.

EDIT: my bank is probably just being slow because of Corona-chan...I bought a mechanical keyboard on Tuesday and it only charged me for it today, and the charge for the cool keycaps for it I ordered off Amazon straight afterwards is still pending.

EDIT2: the transaction was cancelled shortly after I made it and I didn’t notice the cancellation email until after I sent in a support ticket because I am an exceptional individual. At least the message in my support ticket was polite and had a smiley face in it, they probably get mean ones sometimes. Guess I’ll just buy the crypto again then.

Last edited:

Mepsi Pax

kiwifarms.net
Your portfolio will reflect the purchase or sale immediately once you've confirmed the transaction, and there is also a transaction history on your home page to look at. The money will have a hold on it though, it's some kind of anti-laundering or anti-fraud measure, so if you buy $1,000 worth of crypto it's technically "yours" at that price, but it can't be physically cashed out until it becomes available - approx. 7 days.

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
Your portfolio will reflect the purchase or sale immediately once you've confirmed the transaction, and there is also a transaction history on your home page to look at. The money will have a hold on it though, it's some kind of anti-laundering or anti-fraud measure, so if you buy $1,000 worth of crypto it's technically "yours" at that price, but it can't be physically cashed out until it becomes available - approx. 7 days.
I fixed the problem. For some reason my bank doesn’t like me trying to use my debit card to buy bitcoin and instead I have to transfer the amount I want to spend on bitcoin into my Coinbase account as real world money via bank transfer and then use that money to buy the bitcoin. Which is incredibly stupid but ok lol

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Article on the halving.

Who knows which way it's going to go. Flip a fucking coin. Long term it's a great speculative play at its current price. Short term I'm not seeing a huge run up. The whales that drive the price are already heavily bought and many have moved into BTC during Corona. How much more can it be bought?

My 2 cents anyways.

• Feels
  • Optimistic
Reactions: dopy and SPX5kzy

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Article on the halving.

Who knows which way it's going to go. Flip a fucking coin. Long term it's a great speculative play at its current price. Short term I'm not seeing a huge run up. The whales that drive the price are already heavily bought and many have moved into BTC during Corona. How much more can it be bought?

My 2 cents anyways.
It'll be back up eventually. Took this weekend's dip to snag a bit more.

Also saw this, which is great...
Screenshot_20200511-182825~2.png

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Was expecting the value of Bitcoin to shoot up but it didn't. How long do we have to wait before we see a possible bull run start?

I invested in a certain cheap Crypto and just waiting for Bitcoin to go up to see if I earn anything.

Reactions: thejackal

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was expecting the value of Bitcoin to shoot up but it didn't. How long do we have to wait before we see a possible bull run start?

I invested in a certain cheap Crypto and just waiting for Bitcoin to go up to see if I earn anything.
I don't own any BTC, have a few smaller coins. Personally I think BTC is a long term (2+ year) play or more. Some of the smaller coins might be speculative plays here in the next 6 months. I think if you've done your research on a smaller coin and feel it's going to take off buy buy buy.

For tmr at least you might see a bloodbath in the market. Might be a good day for BTC, especially after it went sideways last two days after the halving.

• Agree
Reactions: twozero

Particle Bored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Hard to say but a lot of people think the real big bull run will be next year. It'll probably go up in the meantime but nothing like Nov-Dec 2017.

As for alts, the big question is whether increase in BTC value will pull them up, or whether their $ value will stay the same and get left behind by BTC $ increase, which could cause accellerated drop as people sell them to avoid losing more BTC value. Then they may get a general pump after BTC hits a new all-time high (alts mostly pumped in early 2018 after BTC peaked, possibly from people chasing the dragon as BTC dropped). I dumped a lot of alts last year because they werent keeping up with BTC. I kept a bit of a few that seem to have better long-term prospects, and biggened my bags again a couple months ago after they had dropped (honestly I should have kept waiting on some of them). Right now I'm just happy if they retain their satoshi value, but feel relatively comfortable that if they do drop much more they're still going to bounce back hard.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Hard to say but a lot of people think the real big bull run will be next year. It'll probably go up in the meantime but nothing like Nov-Dec 2017.

As for alts, the big question is whether increase in BTC value will pull them up, or whether their $ value will stay the same and get left behind by BTC $ increase, which could cause accellerated drop as people sell them to avoid losing more BTC value. Then they may get a general pump after BTC hits a new all-time high (alts mostly pumped in early 2018 after BTC peaked, possibly from people chasing the dragon as BTC dropped). I dumped a lot of alts last year because they werent keeping up with BTC. I kept a bit of a few that seem to have better long-term prospects, and biggened my bags again a couple months ago after they had dropped (honestly I should have kept waiting on some of them). Right now I'm just happy if they retain their satoshi value, but feel relatively comfortable that if they do drop much more they're still going to bounce back hard.
Alright, well, I'm gonna just hold onto what I got and invest every so often, while keeping an eye on things.

Here's hoping for the best.

BattleShipRick

kiwifarms.net

People are still saying there will be a big post halving dip. But thats predicated on a pump which never really happened... corrona has flattened everything out... so you think we will go below 8k?

Particle Bored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People are still saying there will be a big post halving dip. But thats predicated on a pump which never really happened... corrona has flattened everything out... so you think we will go below 8k?
Anything's possible, as they say. My amateur chart doodles say its unlikely, though.

There was an ascending channel wedge I drew after the Mar 13 crash that used the Mar 20 high and low as the resistance and support starting points. On Apr 28 we broke up through the resistance line and stayed above it for a while, and bounced off it as a support on May 9. Bounced off it again on the May 11 (halving). After floating above it for almost two weeks, we touched down on it again on Sunday and again today. Even if we break down through it, the lower support for that initial ascending wedge would be right around $8100.

I'm optimistic that this lower support will not be broken, because the only reason we're even this low right now is that the Mar 13 crash smashed down through a "global support" (my term) that can be drawn all the way back to 2015 (as far back as my TradingView BTC chart goes). We have broken back up through the global support since the crash, but did fall back through it to the upper line of the post crash wedge.

ETA screencap. Yes, I enjoy drawing lines.
Screenshot_20200526-145147.png

Last edited:
Tags
None