Burger King General Thread - UPDATE: Despite Spergy OP

What Are Your Thoughts on Burger King?

• Ye.

Votes: 87 41.6%
  • Ne.

Votes: 66 31.6%
  • Seriously, nigga? Fast Food?

Votes: 38 18.2%
  • Who or What is This "Burger King" You Speak of, Why Should I Care?

Votes: 18 8.6%

• Total voters

MalWart

kiwifarms.net
I used to like BK when I was younger, but they seemed to have just shit the bed lately. None of the locations in my area seem to give a fuck anymore. Can't even be arsed to melt the cheese on your burger, their fries always taste old, nugs or chicken sandwiches are lukewarm at best. It's fast food and I shouldn't have very high expectations, but man, these clowns make McDonald's look decent in comparison.

If I want a fast food burger, I just go to Carl's Jr anymore.
It honestly depends on who owns the restaurants. The BKs in my town will cut corners by taking an old burger/grilled chicken patty out of a container and toss it into the microwave, which is apparent when I bite into it and notice that the meat is harder than usual and tastes stale.

By contrast, when I went to one out of town recently, the food was much fresher and I could even see them use the broiler for once!

Angry Shoes

Red Wire: Right Temple, Black Wire: Left Temple
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Burger King is the worst fast food place. I haven't had a good experience there since they had their old nuggets.

• Feels
Reactions: Slap47 and MalWart

Xarpho

Useful mask for exploring the Internet
kiwifarms.net
One rule that (thankfully) they were pretty serious about was testing two burgers per cook (you'd usually load about 15-20 onto the belt at a time) to make sure it got cooked enough to kill bacteria and other nasties. This was done religiously and the results were tracked. So they got that going for them. Granted, this was around the infamous Jack in the Box salmonella outbreak and I think everybody was on high alert.

I made it about a week at BK and I think I've made this post before here. Sorry if you've already read it but the experience sticks with me to this day, some 18 years later.
Jack in the Box would have been six years prior to 1999, and it was E. coli.
E. coli bacteria will contaminate meat after it's been cut. For steaks, even if it has E. coli on the surface, grilling it should get rid of it, rendering the rare meat inside safe. But if e. coli-contaminated blades slice up raw meat, there's no way to effectively cook it safely, and the meat inside is still contaminated. Despite government mandates to keep E. coli off at the supplier level, this is why restaurants will still get antsy if you order a hamburger anything less than well done.

I was a big Burger King connoisseur a few years ago, owing to overall better hamburgers than McDonald's. It was on the way home from work where I lived and worked at the time, and later I had an apartment that was within two or three blocks of it (but still had to drive anyway due to the fact that there was no crosswalk and near an off-ramp where cars often came down at 70 mph). I was eating there so often employees recognized me and wondered where I was when I didn't show up for a few weeks.

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
I live in an area with In & Out, so if I gotta have some fast food burgers, it's gonna be that. I wouldn't say their food is amazing, but it's definitely leaps and bounds above Burger King or McDonald's.

Wendy's is pretty okay, too.

• Agree
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Cardenio

Autistic Cowpoke
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last time I had Burger King I ordered a Whopper and if I remember correctly it was around $5. I was completely in awe of how expensive it was especially getting what tasted like a horribly cheap burger. I think I'd rather starve than give them another chance.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
If I can remember correctly, Burger King was bought by Jollibee (yes, that Jollibee, the only fast food chain that McDonalds can't beat).
Anyway, as burger fast food chain goes, I like Burger King the best, and Wendys' the least. Though here, Burger King has been microwaving their patties.
Their 4 USD equivalent whopper meal is miles better than most of the burger fast food chains. But Tropical Hut Burgers still have a soft place in my heart because they still serve their deluxe burger meal DLT style if you dine-in.

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
I had their Bacon King sandwich recently and I thought it was okay, but if given a choice between it and McDonald's Bacon Smokehouse Burger I'd go for the latter.
If I can remember correctly, Burger King was bought by Jollibee (yes, that Jollibee, the only fast food chain that McDonalds can't beat).
Anyway, as burger fast food chain goes, I like Burger King the best, and Wendys' the least. Though here, Burger King has been microwaving their patties.
Their 4 USD equivalent whopper meal is miles better than most of the burger fast food chains. But Tropical Hut Burgers still have a soft place in my heart because they still serve their deluxe burger meal DLT style if you dine-in.
View attachment 748805
I'm not finding anything about Jollibee buying out BK anywhere, but BK and Tim Horton's merged in 2014 to form Restaurant Brands International and that they also acquired Popeyes back in 2017.

Live in a really small town with only a Sonic and McDonald's.

The key to enjoying BK is to live far enough away from one that you only eat it every month or two. I have to cross two state lines to get to the closest BK. So when I get a Whopper it is like a trip down memory lane of average tasting burgers. They are also one of the only fast food restaurants that has never had a halfway descent tasting french fry. Still use that big flat shit tier ice, along with McD's ad Wendy's.

I usually end up going to Wendy's when I travel there. Even though their fries sucks (bring back the mini wedge cut fries).

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
I had their Bacon King sandwich recently and I thought it was okay, but if given a choice between it and McDonald's Bacon Smokehouse Burger I'd go for the latter.

I'm not finding anything about Jollibee buying out BK anywhere, but BK and Tim Horton's merged in 2014 to form Restaurant Brands International and that they also acquired Popeyes back in 2017.
Hmm... it seems that I got some details wrong, Jollibee bought out Burger King Philippines.

for a little look of what Jollibee is like, here's a journalist trying their food

Jollibee and McDonalds are kinda trolling each other for decades:

Arachnophile

"Stupid, sexy, spidergirls."
kiwifarms.net
I still remember the crown-shaped ones:
View attachment 743519
The lightning bolt shaped ones taste the best, objectively speaking.

Anyway, rumor down the grapevine is that Burger King is getting the Impossible burger. For those of you that haven't had it, it's the latest in vegan food technology. I don't think it passes for meat, but it's a decent veggie burger regardless. Only a few restaurants carry them (Cheesecake Factory is another).

• Informative
Reactions: Archeops

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net

Anyway, rumor down the grapevine is that Burger King is getting the Impossible burger. For those of you that haven't had it, it's the latest in vegan food technology. I don't think it passes for meat, but it's a decent veggie burger regardless. Only a few restaurants carry them (Cheesecake Factory is another).
Jeremy Clarkson have eaten that burger

Archeops

kiwifarms.net
Hmm... it seems that I got some details wrong, Jollibee bought out Burger King Philippines.

for a little look of what Jollibee is like, here's a journalist trying their food

Jollibee and McDonalds are kinda trolling each other for decades:
That makes more sense, buying out an entire chain seems a bit crazy when it involves chain that's been around as long as BK's.

What's funny is that Burger King already has a veggie burger (made by MorningStar Farms) on their menu, but I remember it tasting nothing like their store-made veggie burgers. IIRC it was a similar soy substitute mixed with potatos, carrots, and mushrooms for some ungodly reason.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
That makes more sense, buying out an entire chain seems a bit crazy when it involves chain that's been around as long as BK's.

What's funny is that Burger King already has a veggie burger (made by MorningStar Farms) on their menu, but I remember it tasting nothing like their store-made veggie burgers. IIRC it was a similar soy substitute mixed with potatos, carrots, and mushrooms for some ungodly reason.
whoops, Jollibee actually acquired Smash Burgers for US expansion, only bought Burger King philippines to expand on mid-range burger joint.

Anyway, I have to ask, does BK in US still offer unlimited drinks? The last time I was able to exploit unlimited soda was when i was in college.

Archeops

kiwifarms.net
whoops, Jollibee actually acquired Smash Burgers for US expansion, only bought Burger King philippines to expand on mid-range burger joint.

Anyway, I have to ask, does BK in US still offer unlimited drinks? The last time I was able to exploit unlimited soda was when i was in college.
You mean unlimited refills? I wasn't given shit for refilling my cup with another serving of Surge when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

huckbeine

I'm cute, buy my comic
kiwifarms.net
You mean unlimited refills? I wasn't given shit for refilling my cup with another serving of Surge when I was there a couple of weeks ago.
I see. I guess in around 2000's BK and Carls(they disappeared here now) gave out unlimited refills. Then around 2010s they started wanting you show them the reciepts before THEY refill your drink. Now, they don't give out unlimited refills..

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
I've never had an issue getting refills. Nobody gives a shit, with the one exception of McDonald's. The few in my area will charge you extra for refills, even if it's just water instead of soda.

Knojkamarangasan_#4

Best gem
kiwifarms.net
As an ex burger king employee I can only say that BK is fucking nasty. like the place I worked as was so filthy with just a small bit of a shining exterior to hide it. Even it you wanted you try and clean it a bit you would never have the time due do how understaffed it is and the boss keeps yelling that you arent working hard enough and the result is filth and stuff that aren’t cleaned in weeks like the dispose area, kitchen and more in depth and it’s just a wonder that more ppl havent gotten sick yet. Fuck BK honestly, but at least some of the fellow employees besides my retarded boss was kinda cool.