Burger King General Thread - UPDATE: Despite Spergy OP

What Are Your Thoughts on Burger King?

• Ye.

Votes: 87 41.6%
  • Ne.

Votes: 66 31.6%
  • Seriously, nigga? Fast Food?

Votes: 38 18.2%
  • Who or What is This "Burger King" You Speak of, Why Should I Care?

Votes: 18 8.6%

• Total voters

MalWart

Lawn Mower Parts Salesman
kiwifarms.net
As an ex burger king employee I can only say that BK is fucking nasty. like the place I worked as was so filthy with just a small bit of a shining exterior to hide it. Even it you wanted you try and clean it a bit you would never have the time due do how understaffed it is and the boss keeps yelling that you arent working hard enough and the result is filth and stuff that aren’t cleaned in weeks like the dispose area, kitchen and more in depth and it’s just a wonder that more ppl havent gotten sick yet. Fuck BK honestly, but at least some of the fellow employees besides my exceptional boss was kinda cool.
Since you have firsthand experience, I must ask... how often did your restaurant use the microwave?

Knojkamarangasan_#4

Best gem
kiwifarms.net
Since you have firsthand experience, I must ask... how often did your restaurant use the microwave?
More than I expected actually, same with the fish burger that I’ve never seen people get. before really. The brownie and waffle ia ridiculously overpriced however, when an ice cream which is probably way more fresh cost like 75% the price. I’ve never seen it cleaned though, jfc I wonder if they ever do it....

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
Have any of you guys ever tried Burger King's tacos before? The one near my home used to sell 2 tacos for a dollar like Jack in the Box. The only difference was the lack of hot sauce if I remember correctly; just meat, cheese and lettuce.

Xarpho

Eating lettuce due to kitty kibble shortages
kiwifarms.net
I've never had an issue getting refills. Nobody gives a shit, with the one exception of McDonald's. The few in my area will charge you extra for refills, even if it's just water instead of soda.
I've never seen a restaurant get antsy about soda refills, except for grocery stores for some reasons. At McDonald's, usually there are notes posted to only get refills on the same trip (because of the local trash coming back in with filthy cups for free refilling), but not actually cracking down on refills in the same area. Maybe I just haven't seen enough shitty restaurants, and I've been to the ones that have no public restrooms due to the local hobo populations.

Reactions: 1 person

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Literally the only reason I used to go to BK is this regional burger called the "steakhouse burger". (Apparently it isn't sold in the US anymore) It's got fried onions, raw onions, bacon, mayo, lettuce and tomato.
The fries were p good. It's like a weird mix between standard fast food fries and "real" cut fries plus unlike mconalds you get proper heinz BBQ sauce instead of a rubbish inhouse recipe. Also for the limited time they had them the chicken fries were divine. I even put aside my dislike of processed nuggies due to their inclusion in Barkley SUaJ: Gaiden.

vertexwindi

That's for employing me for eight years!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God I love the Steakhouse Burger. It's the greasiest piece of trash I've ever eaten. I only eat them once in a blue moon though because else I'd be fatter than a sperm whale.

Reactions: Coolio55

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Give me the GOATs.
God I love the Steakhouse Burger. It's the greasiest piece of trash I've ever eaten. I only eat them once in a blue moon though because else I'd be fatter than a sperm whale.
Post your butt.

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They didn't have the Sourdough King anymore at the place I went to. I ended up buying a rodeo burger. I'm amazed that something so simple could possibly be their best tasting item. All in all, it's been a while since I've been to BK and I didn't get diarrhea this time. :like:

• TMI
Reactions: Y2K Baby

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Anyway, I have to ask, does BK in US still offer unlimited drinks? The last time I was able to exploit unlimited soda was when i was in college.
I've never been to any fast food place that doesn't allow free refills. Even Whataburger, where you have to ask to get ketchup, allows free refills (I don't recommend Whataburger by the way). There is a reason why Americans are such fatasses after all.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I've never been to any fast food place that doesn't allow free refills. Even Whataburger, where you have to ask to get ketchup, allows free refills (I don't recommend Whataburger by the way). There is a reason why Americans are such fatasses after all.
I've been to some ghetto fast food places where they don't because otherwise huge families of fatass urban dwellers show up, one buys a soda and then they all just sit there refilling it all day. Fuckers.

Go fuck yourself.
You're a libtard.

Ensign Faggot

中国はゴミです
kiwifarms.net
I know the Texas double whopper is just a regular double whopper with bacon and jalapenos but I really fuckin love jalapenos so that's why BK is my preferred garbage fast food choice.

CWCchange

Ɔʍɔɔɥɐuƃǝ
kiwifarms.net
I'm not too picky about Burger King. As long as the soda machine isn't flat, ketchup watered down, or my chicken nuggets cold and stale, it's alright for what it's worth. However, I tried the crunchy taco, which tasted like a stale Dorito and was damp in the center where the meat softened it. If BK Dogs weren't less than a dollar when around, I would say it isn't THAT bad, but for a dollar, just buy some fucking chicken nuggets.

Last edited:

Ilikeoreos

Child of the 80s (or early 90s at least)
kiwifarms.net
BK is still good, but last time I was at Wendy's I was frustrated to find that they changed their barbecue sauce to a much cheaper-tasting kind. Never going there again.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Burger King has a spicy chicken parmesan sandwich that restored my faith in God so you can fuck off.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tired the taco and the pulled pork sammich. Pork was a little pricey but not bad. Could use some onion straws or something to flesh out the idea but a decent bbq pulled pork. Taco was shit. Shell was thick and hard to get to crunch, way too much beans, hardly any beef. Cheese tasted very fake.
Might not be bad as some toppings for a "Taco burger" or something but crap as a taco.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I tried Burger King recently because it had been years and I was curious and also feeling nostalgic since I had liked it so much as a kid.

I got a whopper, an onion ring and chicken fries, it was fine I guess, not as bad as I feared it might be but far from great, it did kinda taste like how I remembered it, but not as good as it used to be.

The chicken fries were definitely the tastiest thing though.

At the end of the day I'm not really seeing a great reason to favor it over pretty much any other fast food restaurant.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
I tried Burger King recently because it had been years and I was curious and also feeling nostalgic since I had liked it so much as a kid.

I got a whopper, an onion ring and chicken fries, it was fine I guess, not as bad as I feared it might be but far from great, it did kinda taste like how I remembered it, but not as good as it used to be.

The chicken fries were definitely the tastiest thing though.

At the end of the day I'm not really seeing a great reason to favor it over pretty much any other fast food restaurant.
The Burger King near my home was a dump before it was remodeled. I, along with multiple other customers, regulary complained that our orders were wrong after picking up from the drive-thru or the quality of food wasn't worth how much you saved using a coupon.

Thankfully after the remodeling both the staff and food have been great. As you mentioned not flawless, but good enough for me to return in the near future. If Burger King ever came up with a medium size whopper hamburger, something in between the original whopper and the whopper jr. that would be awesome.