• ”So he's into weird, depraved shit. That's pretty much half our userbase. Where is the funny stuff?”
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.

Burger King Griefing Thread

Discussion in 'Food' started by NumberingYourState, Nov 19, 2016.

?

What Are Your Thoughts on Burger King?

1. Ye.

63 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Ne.

47 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Seriously, Nigger? Fast Food?

28 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Who or What is This "Burger King" You Speak of, Why Should I Care?

14 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. I'm late but holy crap. Maybe it's just the BK near my college, but their burgers are really fucking dry, or the fries are cold. I guess the only good thing about the cold fries i got was that they weren't drowning in salt.

I'll only really go there if there's nowhere else that's cheaper. I'm not about spending £10 on a fancy latte and a sandwich tbh. I always regret it because i feel awful afterwards.

There's a town I can get the bus to and I'm never going to the BK there again. Bought a burger from there the one time I did and it was like so greasy like i could fucking taste it. Not to be that guy but I was waiting pretty long for my order (like a lot of other people had ordered and got their order while I was standing around waiting) and it was a shame that waiting for a while didn't really feel worth it

There's this thing they're doing now, which is called the "bacon king". It's basically the bacon double cheeseburger but with a bit more bacon... Gotta get that money i guess. I doubt it'll be that popular seeing as their bacon sucks ass.

LtCucumber

LtCucumber I like to dissect girls.

kiwifarms.net
  2. I hate how much they try to upsell. No lie, this was my last experience at a Burger King.

Me: I'll have (whatever their new sandwich is), just the sandwich please.
    Cashier: would you like cheese on that?
    Me: no...
    Cashier: Would you like to make that a meal?

It took me all the self-control I have to not say no bitch, hence why I asked for just the sandwich...

To top it all off, when I got up the window (Which took far longer than it should have for one person ahead of me.), she had apparently forgotten what I'd ordered...

• Feels Feels x 2
    UnKillFill

UnKillFill I don't know what's going on either.

kiwifarms.net
  3. Aren't some managers really anal about asking if customers want the meal?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. This happened to me about two years ago.

I was fighting a cheeseburger craving for 5 months. Its was a mind over matter battle thing I was fighting and I was not gonna cave for at least one more month. I wanted to see how long I could battle my willpower. The day came after 6 months and the winner was Burger King. I bit into my cheeseburger it was amazing. I took a few more bites still good but then it felt like maybe there was one of those onion stringy skin things but it was annoying me. I spit it out and it was a hair! A revolting, disgusting long nasty hair in my freaking burger! I opened up my cheeseburger, yep a long HAIR! They replaced my burger but I just couldn't eat it, I was too grossed out! I just can't go back, never had a burger craving since.

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 1
    Crispy Chicken

Crispy Chicken Made fresh with 11 herbs & spices!

kiwifarms.net
  5. It's the same at every retail place that's not a big supermarket. The upsell is usually in your KPIs. Whether it's useless loyalty cards, chocolate at WHSmith or the £2.99 purchases at HMV.

• Agree Agree x 3
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. I had a coupon for 2 whopper sandwiches for 4 bucks and for that price the meal was spectacular. They probably expected it to be a loss lever but I just had the sandwiches.

In this case their meat was dry and they were insanely heavy on the mayo and additions. Of course, that's not unusual for "iconic" sandwiches like the whopper and Big Mac.

Definitely better to go to Dairy Queen if you want a cheap sandwich since its cheaper and you can get some top quality icecream.

Probably never going to visit again. It's basically the KFC of the burger world.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Apoth42

Apoth42 Hehe xd

kiwifarms.net
  7. Probably, but thats a shitty policy to ask someone if they want something they've already explicitly said they didn't.

UnKillFill

kiwifarms.net
  8. Then you'd love the Wendy's where I'm at.. 3 Questions all the time.
    1. Do you want the meal.
    2. Do you want the meal medium for 69 cents?
    3. Do you want to add a fresh baked cookie to your order for 99 cents?

Though I know at BK you're always supposed to ask if you want Cheese AND Bacon on your Whoppie. Forcefully pushing upsells makes anyone feel dirty, just bare in mind that the person doing it is being pushed by their boss, and their bosses boss, and their own boss. I vividly remember the days where it was okay to only ask 1 upsell per order, vs. 1 per meal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  9. I haven't gone to BK in a few months. Probably not going back to one near me. One of the ones near my house looks like it belong in the Ghetto. Barely anyone works at it. Like maybe 3-4 people tops at a time. The other one is a pretty recent build and looks nice, but service is lacking.

The last few times I went, I tried to get some nuggets. The ones in my neck of the woods have 10 piece nugget for $1.50. Pretty good deal for lot of food, considering McD's is like $5-7 for a 20 piece. The last few times I got some nuggets, it took like 10 mins for them to make the damn things. They were good, but still, why don't you have nuggets at the fucking ready? Then again, it was like 2 in the afternoon, so I might have caught them at a bad time, both times.

The straw the broke the camels back, for me, was when I got two original chicken sandwiches. They're usually pretty good. But whoever made mine either didn't give a fuck or was high as a kite. I got two of them. One had two bottoms. The other two tops. And the fuckstick who made it manage to burn the tops. How does that even happen? I pretty much gave up on BK after that.

• Feels Feels x 2
    tehpope

tehpope privacytools.io | prism-break.org

kiwifarms.net
  10. A&W > Harveys > McDonalds > Wendys > Burger King

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    hambeerlyingnreed

hambeerlyingnreed Ordering pizza at the Weight Loss Clinic

kiwifarms.net
  11. A&W is good but for the price you can get a much better burger at any diner and there is lots of those.

Harvey's sucks. Its the Subway of the burger world. There is no benefit to them making it infront of you. It's nice that have a few exotic ingredients and great ingredients but 11 bucks for a pretty small burger sucks.

McDonalds sucks. Their main line of sandwiches are bland and their artisan sandwiches which are supposed to be above that are always sloppily made garbage. All they do right is breakfast and its no surprise that breakfast is starting to make up like 50% of their business in north america. However, A&W does it better and since that is apparently a secret you never to wait in a line in the morning.

Wendy's is great. Their mass produced items are pricier but much better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Apoth42

Apoth42 Hehe xd

kiwifarms.net

12. Burger King can't push numbers anymore, so why not sell your product to those who don't make purchases?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Overseas is only time I eat American fast food.

The quality is much better and the options are much more expanded.

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  14. I've never noticed excessive upselling at Wendy's here... Worst thing about them here is they always take way too long to make the simple value menu shit I usually order there.

That actually reminds me of another thing Burger King does here that sucks... When they're too lazy to make the food you order quickly, they have you pull up to the front so the next person can order. (Even if there's nobody behind you) In theory, I get why they do this... But it's dishonest as fuck. (They have you pull up so it doesn't look like there is as long of a line as there actually is.. Also, they always neglect to tell you there's going to be a wait on a certain item until after you pay... More often than not if I had known there was going to be a wait, I would order something else.) It also makes you have to wait a lot longer to get your food as the poor cashier who has to walk it out of the store.

UnKillFill

kiwifarms.net
  15. When I was a kid, Wendys was the best burger place. Even better than McDonalds, and most kids love McDonalds.

I don't know what happened over the years, but now they suck. After many years, I was so excited to eat one, and have my German husband try it out (he'd never been to America before) but it was just awful.

• Feels Feels x 1
    hambeerlyingnreed

hambeerlyingnreed Ordering pizza at the Weight Loss Clinic

kiwifarms.net
  16. On the rare occasion that I get fast food, Burger King's hamburgers are vastly tastier than McDonalds. The Whopper is good, the Big King was like a better-tasting version of the Big Mac, and for a while they had double cheeseburgers on the dollar menu which was pretty much unbeatable. I kinda like McDonalds fries better, though... Burger King's fries taste kinda bland if you compare them side-by-side. When they had "Satisfries", those were good.

Since Burger King sends out pages of coupons, every once in a while I'll use a BOGO coupon for Whoppers or chicken sandwiches, or two Whopper Jr's with two small fries for $3.99 and I'll have them sub one of the small fries for a small order of onion rings. They're sort of greasy and there's no perceptible onion in them, but I have to admit they're pretty tasty.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Love Burger King but I did learn Surge soda is coming to the Freestyle machines and the last couple of days the one by me doesn't have it..yet.

Dumb Sergal

Dumb Sergal Smarter than the average Sergal

kiwifarms.net
  18. I was on a weird sleep/work schedule and ended up at a BK for a 9:30am lunch. They let me sub the fries with the little hashbr0wns, shit was so cash.

I just noticed it. They throw an ad up for it at the beginning of the soda selection screen to encourage you to get it.

Lipitor

Lipitor huh?
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. I have a sudden urge to stop by a BK for some soda. Can't imagine why.

kiwifarms.net
  20. I've not had Burger King for a while. I do think they funnily enough have the second best fries out of the fast food joints around me (Hardee's is first due to them always being fresh, and Chik-fil-a barely loses due to their waffle fries sometimes being too thick and just a bit off in texture due to this). Their burgers are eh, and they hilariously have the best nuggets out of the lot.

However they hands-down have the worst quality control I've ever had, even more than KFC. They were responsible for the world's worst sandwich I've touched (a legitimately rancid chicken sandwich), and they've made some depressing burgers too.

• Feels Feels x 2
    Adamska

Adamska Last Gunman
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.