Butch Hartman / Elmer Earl "Butch" Hartman IV / @realhartman / OAXIS Entertainment - "I created your childhood and scammed people into funding my Christian Netflix"

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
The thing that's always bothered me about Butch Hartman's artstyle ever since I was a kid is that it's extremely lazy and inconsistent. Some characters have trousers/skirts and proper footwear while others have these weird sort of combined trouser shoe design. It's so offsetting!
You should know that Butch along with lots of animators who made the Cartoon Cartoon classics on CN were first working for Hanna-Barbara. It's equal parts old habits from his first real art job and stylistic choices to make the coloring and animating go faster. The more details a character has, the less likely they'll get used a lot. It's not only expensive but torture on a shoestring budget. Butch forgot that when he designed Chloe.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
You should know that Butch along with lots of animators who made the Cartoon Cartoon classics on CN were first working for Hanna-Barbara. It's equal parts old habits from his first real art job and stylistic choices to make the coloring and animating go faster. The more details a character has, the less likely they'll get used a lot. It's not only expensive but torture on a shoestring budget. Butch forgot that when he designed Chloe.
Shoestring budget, Buch Hartman is lucky to not working at Filmation, lol.

TopCat

kiwifarms.net
Thought this e-mail might be of some interest, from Butch Hartman's failed YooToon project:

BH1.png

Insignificant person

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
kiwifarms.net
Ok, so, unlike his YouTube channel, where his last upload was one from a series of live streams he used to do, on February 15 (minus a video for Fairly OddParents' 20 year anniversary he uploaded later on March 30), Butch Hartman's Noog Network channel is still active, with new uploads of older and recent content on a weekly basis.

Aside from other shorts created by Butch Hartman for his Noog Network service, there's Uncle Duck. I'm pretty sure it's the first time this Noog short is ever published on YouTube.
The short itself is bad. I mean, kids will like it fine, but the thing is, unlike other shorts that look competent, this one has pixelated backgrounds (0:09) and really poor animation; at some point, the younger ducks are drawn like they hold the swings' ropes, when they really don't. Such production values show how Butch, without the help of talented crew members, can't do much good stuff.

There are also these Noog Toon shorts which are just average (and low-effort imo), a series of comical faux newscasts called Noog News, with superhero correspondent Noog Dood, some really good shorts by the pair of Jackson Read and Jared Otto (Light Sleepers, Shark Waters and the Mono Robo Show, to name a few) and yet another live-action mini series called Scarlett. The latter is about the same-named aspiring singer, whose chance for fame gets in jeopardy when a famous singer she's a fan of tries to sabotage her song. It's pretty okay; the acting is decent, Just Dance! is a nice song, and the cinematography, much like in Zack 2.0, is well-done. Though, again, splitting what's basically a short film into such brief chapters is pointless.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCcrCkpobMPEtqxtIvp76sVg

Noog Network has had a somewhat steady subscriber count for the last two months, and for the most part, daily views are less than 700; plus, Butch's main channel lost 1K subscribers this month. (source: Nox Influencer/Social Blade)

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
FOP was a massive part of my childhood and personal favorite Nicktoon. Even despite the stuff with Hartman nowadays, I always go back to the show more than SpongeBob.
I still think most of "Fairly OddParents" holds up today, but there are a few episodes that feel incredibly uncomfortable in hindsight. I still remember one episode where Timmy goes to the hospital to get his tonsils removed, but Vicky's running the hospital and all the doctors threaten to legally remove Timmy's "will to live," and the solution is to have Cosmo and Wanda magically remove his tonsils instead. For a while, I thought it was just cheap satire, taking a child's fear of the doctor to its most logical extreme, but now I'm starting to think it was an elaborate metaphor for that 'faith healing' Butch loves so much. Hospitals never work, your only hope is the supernatural, Cosmo and Wanda are literally God, blah blah.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

kiwifarms.net
I still think most of "Fairly OddParents" holds up today, but there are a few episodes that feel incredibly uncomfortable in hindsight. I still remember one episode where Timmy goes to the hospital to get his tonsils removed, but Vicky's running the hospital and all the doctors threaten to legally remove Timmy's "will to live," and the solution is to have Cosmo and Wanda magically remove his tonsils instead. For a while, I thought it was just cheap satire, taking a child's fear of the doctor to its most logical extreme, but now I'm starting to think it was an elaborate metaphor for that 'faith healing' Butch loves so much. Hospitals never work, your only hope is the supernatural, Cosmo and Wanda are literally God, blah blah.
Not to mention, some of the gag characters like Britney Britney would be too outdated by Zoomer standards now, and last when I was in Tumblr they made a gag about Trump's hair to maintain relevancy.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Another episode who might be disturbing to some people was "Just the two of us", an episode who scrapped Trixie Tang character development shown in "The Boy who would be queen" where was saw then Trixie was more than a snobbish girl. I guess the writers who did that episode (Jack Thomas, Scott Fellows, Jim Hecht) might have a different view of Trixie Tang.

As for Chloe, I wonder if her character might have worked better if she was in her own spin-off series?

Last edited:

Insignificant person

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
kiwifarms.net
Tl;dr almost all of the content is actually available on YouTube (including old Noog Network productions), and the Browse Oaxis Now button and the search bar in the main page don't work at all. Also, it's unclear whether or not content from other YouTubers that's listed on the service is used under permission. The Library link on the sidebar and the linked boxes with the actual content are redirects to the main page.

Twitter user rastegrafx found these hidden subpages:
Comedy (archive)
Animation (archive)
Drama (archive)
Homeschool (archive)
Adventure (archive)
Reality (archive)
Influences & Artists (archive)