Buzzfeed Publishes Story, Interview with Jace/Jan -

KingGeedorah

The Monster From Planet X
kiwifarms.net
I wish I could just live inside of Brianna Wu's mind for a day...

Then I realise it would be like this

Tuff to be a lady when men are cenobites.

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure he's just trolling them. I mean, he said the Jace character was created to parody Gamergate.
Yeah, the Jace character was around longer than GamerGate. If anything, the character would pretty much parody COD players who is real.

Lol, they're crying about how Jan LITERALLY HARASSED Brianna and therefore he's still a demon. Because some loony with a Prius and airsoft guns coming to challenge you to a street race is THE EXACT SAME THING as someone sending you death threats or making threatening phone calls to your home at 3 in the morning.
He triggered their feelings plus they thought he's a literal threat. The only thing that was real was the crash. The video of it however is as real as Wu's game getting a legit good score that isn't from a friend.

Reactions: ICametoLurk

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
"White male nerd culture"

I'm seeing this term come up a lot on mainstream websites like buzzfeed. Why is it suddenly socially acceptable to be racist towards whites? Can you imagine the backlash these journalists would receive if they called for the destruction of "black male gang culture"? I'm not even white but the obvious double standard is sickening.
I don't even care if it's racist, it's just bullshit. It's nerd culture. While (at least in the US) mostly a sausage party, it's always been inherently meritocratic. The fact that judging people on their merits may be anti-special-snowflake doesn't make it racist or sexist.

CIA

I'm CIA
kiwifarms.net
"White male nerd culture"

I'm seeing this term come up a lot on mainstream websites like buzzfeed. Why is it suddenly socially acceptable to be racist towards whites? Can you imagine the backlash these journalists would receive if they called for the destruction of "black male gang culture"? I'm not even white but the obvious double standard is sickening.

Jan is a god-tier actor and he deserves to be interviewed by someone other than a clickbait journalist.
Honestly I think you are just being oppressive againer non white and mixed race gamers. As a Eurasian gamer I feel we need more support from the gaming industry and this is one of the first steps. All this white privilege stuff is ridiculous, you have no idea how oppressed my gamer lifestyle is. Jace's race zone was a great step for gamers like me and I hope there is more stuff like that in the future.

waffle

kiwifarms.net
Honestly I think you are just being oppressive againer non white and mixed race gamers. As a Eurasian gamer I feel we need more support from the gaming industry and this is one of the first steps. All this white privilege stuff is ridiculous, you have no idea how oppressed my gamer lifestyle is. Jace's race zone was a great step for gamers like me and I hope there is more stuff like that in the future.
Press 1 for slightly brown gamers!

HoloSkull

In-Terror-G8tor Playboi
kiwifarms.net
Jace/Jan was never pro nor anti-gg.
Both sides of the gg debate are equally exceptional and i think most people that post here hold that opinion.
What with the likes of Homer troll shielding their own repugnance. I agree.
However, when I talked with "neutral" indie devs irl and their thoughts on gg -
They unintentionally fall somewhere in line with the Sargon(tl;dr yet fair reasoned gator) or TB(empathetic to gg yet neutral) camp.
The weird thing about conflicts is people share each others culture and become more alike than not.
No disrespect pro-pals you start using memes of the SJW crowd they become a part of you.
Make of this what you will - hopefully its the flame war to end all flame wars. :eli::aug:
I'll agree with you that Jan hit the worst aspects of both sides. As a true comedic genius would make fun of everyone and spare no quarter.
Press :1: gamers!

:semperfidelis:

Weegas

kiwifarms.net
Sam Hyde said:
“Some kid stood outside my window throwing pebbles. And someone knocked on my door — it’s a closed apartment, you shouldn’t be able to get in. And then there was no one there.”
I find it really hilarious how Buzzfeed took something as mundane as someone knocking on a door, or a kid throwing pebbles at a window as harassment that should have everybody quaking in their boots.

stets

big stank dick dad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I find it really hilarious how Buzzfeed took something as mundane as someone knocking on a door, or a kid throwing pebbles at a window as harassment that should have everybody quaking in their boots.
Exactly. The major point of this interview, aside from attention, was to satirize the folks that get scared to death over stupid shit. Sam and Jan act like they have made a horrible, life-altering mistake and show deep regret because:
1) Some kid threw a pebble at a window.
2) Someone rang their doorbell and ran off.
3) Someone sent an anonymous yearbook picture to them in the mail.

No rational, adult person would find the first two threatening. A kid throwing pebbles is a child flinging small rocks, not a terrorist that will kill you. Someone ringing your doorbell and running off is due to an immature adolescent, not someone that will hurt you. The third one is the most laughably ludicrous example, because it shows how some shitty journalists will just type shit without even exposing it to the most basic light of logic. If this is true, someone found out Jan's high school, got a copy of the correct yearbook, located and removed the picture, mailed the picture to him, had the picture travel through the US Postal system, and be received and opened by Jan. All of that in 36 hours max, and that is being very, very liberal with the allotted time.

Any decent journalist that thought about this for five seconds would realize that Jan is making fun of people like Wu and, again, poking fun at journalists who are unable to show even a modicum of common sense before they write and publish their silly blog posts. It's not surprising that the anti-GG guys don't see the irony and absurdity in all of this since they have so much emotionally invested it. It's frankly hilarious though how incompetent someone of these "journalists" are...these guys are supposedly professionals and they can't notice that someone is obviously giving a sarcastic, mocking interview. It's fucking mind boggling.

Handsome Pete

If you need me, I'm probably in Movie Night
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If this is true, someone found out Jan's high school, got a copy of the correct yearbook, located and removed the picture, mailed the picture to him, had the picture travel through the US Postal system, and be received and opened by Jan. All of that in 36 hours max, and that is being very, very liberal with the allotted time.
It turns out "LISTEN and BELIEVE" may not be the best advice for a journalist.

• Agree
Reactions: Kilted Gentleman

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's frankly hilarious though how incompetent someone of these "journalists" are...these guys are supposedly professionals and they can't notice that someone is obviously giving a sarcastic, mocking interview. It's fucking mind boggling.
Reuben G. Baron: lonesome no more!

• Winner
Reactions: Saul Goodman
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino