Callum Nathan Thomas Edmunds / MauLer93 / MauLer - Discussion of a youtube reviewer

Are MauLer's videos too long?

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 114 30.6%
  • Fuck YES

Votes: 214 57.4%

• Total voters

AnAccount

kiwifarms.net
The new efap mini on Batwoman.
I have said it before, but they can be legitimately funny if they bother to edit their livestream. Though a lot of that stems from how ridiculously bad the show they are riffing is.
to be honest though. when me and my friend chat and hang around for a couple of hours, as long as you aren't some weird social outcast, mental case, you're going to end up saying some hilarious shit that anyone could edit down to a half decent video. it's the definition of quantity over quality.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Apparently the recent EFAP had some spicy takes about classic RE. Mauler said that he couldn’t get into the pre 4 RE games due to the controls and fixed camera angles. A pretty reasonable take though it personally was never a problem since with the exception of that one statue puzzle in REmake the game was designed around these limitations. Rags however went full retard and called the classic games bad. Between this and the TLA kerfuffle im noticing a pattern. Mauler holds a viewpoint that’s contrary to popular opinion but it is pretty reasonable about it. Rags then just spergs out and delivers an even spicier take just for the sake of pissing people off.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
Apparently the recent EFAP had some spicy takes about classic RE. Mauler said that he couldn’t get into the pre 4 RE games due to the controls and fixed camera angles. A pretty reasonable take though it personally was never a problem since with the exception of that one statue puzzle in REmake the game was designed around these limitations. Rags however went full retard and called the classic games bad. Between this and the TLA kerfuffle im noticing a pattern. Mauler holds a viewpoint that’s contrary to popular opinion but it is pretty reasonable about it. Rags then just spergs out and delivers an even spicier take just for the sake of pissing people off.
That actually calls back to a comment I made in this thread a long time ago about Rags. He parrots whatever Mauler thinks but doubles down on it and is harsher with his takes to disguise it. I think Rags knows the least about media and compensates for it by being harsher so it seems like he's more confident and knowledgeable than he really is. When he went after ATLA, he probably thought Mauler's takes were so good, it'd justify his own actions when Mauler did his mini on it. It didn't and I'd argue the ATLA mini was the first real strike against Mauler by his fanbase. Rags is generally just a fucking asshole, he has no original thought in his head about media. And to be honest, I don't think Mauler is any better. How he acts on the livestream is incredibly different to how he acts on Twitter. I think his takes are more "reasonable" live is because he has better foresight than Rags does.

Last edited:

PenguinSuitAlice

Behold!
kiwifarms.net
That actually calls back to a comment I made in this thread a long time ago about Rags. He parrots whatever Mauler thinks but doubles down on it and is harsher with his takes to disguise it. I think Rags knows the least about media and compensates for it by seeming like he knows what he's talking about. When he went after ATLA, he probably thought Mauler's takes were so good, it'd justify his own actions when Mauler did his mini on it. It didn't and I'd argue the ATLA mini was the first real strike against Mauler by his fanbase. Rags is generally just a fucking asshole, he has no original thought in his head about media. And to be honest, I don't think Mauler is any better. How he acts on the livestream is incredibly different to how he acts on Twitter. I think his takes are more "reasonable" live is because he has better foresight than Rags does.
I think it would have been much better for Mauler's image if he had never made a community of YouTubers around himself and stuck to just making occasional high-quality videos, like Colossal Is Crazy instead of exposing how much of an idiot through live streams. He became an internet "personality" and participated in drama. I still think he would have been relatively popular. People value his opinions. He definitely wouldn't have had a thread this long.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
There seems to be a trend within Youtube personalities orbiters to be either (or some combination of):
  • Just as unhinged (if not more) as the original personality.
  • A shit stirrer trying to gain traction by creating controversies even if it fucks the personality.
  • A drama whore that constantly overreacts to events.

Otis Boi

Chunky Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
That actually calls back to a comment I made in this thread a long time ago about Rags. He parrots whatever Mauler thinks but doubles down on it and is harsher with his takes to disguise it. I think Rags knows the least about media and compensates for it by being harsher so it seems like he's more confident and knowledgeable with his takes. When he went after ATLA, he probably thought Mauler's takes were so good, it'd justify his own actions when Mauler did his mini on it. It didn't and I'd argue the ATLA mini was the first real strike against Mauler by his fanbase. Rags is generally just a fucking asshole, he has no original thought in his head about media. And to be honest, I don't think Mauler is any better. How he acts on the livestream is incredibly different to how he acts on Twitter. I think his takes are more "reasonable" live is because he has better foresight than Rags does.
I wouldnt be surprised if they where not doing a good cop/bad cop setup. Mauler test the waters by giving out a mildly take. Then Rags comes in with the same take but just turned up to be antagonistic.

It honestly could be a way of testing the audience to see what options they can get away with. Mauler can always backtrack because his statement is so Lukewarm but if the audience agrees with Rags then they have new podcast fodder. Its just a theory and Rags could just be that much of a sped. I just assume this because they are running out of topics ie star wars and capshit movies because of Corona they must be looking for new topics.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: CapeKnight

The Nothingness

The one with no body!
kiwifarms.net
It looks the EFAP crew looked at Godzilla: KOTM recently.
Right at the beginning, Rags complains there is no monster fighting until forty minutes into the movie (because not all blockbusters can be like MCU movies that just throw action once the title is given). I'm not going to bother watching the whole thing but based on the top rated comments from their "fans" they did not hold it in high regard as their precious MCU.

Otis Boi

Chunky Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
It looks the EFAP crew looked at Godzilla: KOTM recently.
Right at the beginning, Rags complains there is no monster fighting until forty minutes into the movie (because not all blockbusters can be like MCU movies that just throw action once the title is given). I'm not going to bother watching the whole thing but based on the top rated comments from their "fans" they did not hold it in high regard as their precious MCU.

Honestly from what i heard about the movie i dont blame them for bitching about the lack of action. If it anything like the other Godzilla movie its just dry padding for 90% of it with character that you barely give a shit about and it just drags on before 10 minutes of fun action. I know not every movie has to be about action but if your going to make a mediocre franchise film the least you can do is making it interesting.

Reactions: CapeKnight

AnAccount

kiwifarms.net
Honestly from what i heard about the movie i dont blame them for bitching about the lack of action. If it anything like the other Godzilla movie its just dry padding for 90% of it with character that you barely give a shit about and it just drags on before 10 minutes of fun action. I know not every movie has to be about action but if your going to make a mediocre franchise film the least you can do is making it interesting.
I watched the movie and it has like a straight hours worth of Kaiju action CGI scenes, regardless of quality there's a ton more action then the first. It has a bit of a slow burn at the start, not to bad considering the amount of actual action it has later on (Think, more fighting then a Marvel film) because they have to set up like a whole bunch of things for the movies plot, as it is a fair bit convoluted. But I wouldn't call the movie dry padding, or actionless.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Today’s EFAP they covered Renegade Cut and his ghostbusters 2016 video. Definitely one of the better episodes because of how retarded Renegade’s arguments are. The “best” part was when RC brought up that that Ghostbusters 2016won a bunch of accolades at the fucking Nick Kids choice award as proof that kids liked the film in what is probably the most bizarre appeals to,authority I have ever seen. I also suspect that Renegade Cut maybe be a pedophile because of his fixation on “the children.” Possibly worth investigating.

CapeKnight

kiwifarms.net
I noticed MauLer and crew went back to watching Batwoman for their mini again. They're still stuck on Episode 13. I didn't watch that shitshow, and the outrage for it is mostly dead now, so I think this is just them intentionally testing the waters to see if people still respond to their videos on woke lesbo capeshit, and if not, this might be another series they drop. I didn't watch the livestreams, because at this point, watching any e-personality livestream to talk bores the fuck out of me. Unless they're having an autistic meltdown.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Today’s EFAP they covered Renegade Cut and his ghostbusters 2016 video. Definitely one of the better episodes because of how retarded Renegade’s arguments are. The “best” part was when RC brought up that that Ghostbusters 2016won a bunch of accolades at the fucking Nick Kids choice award as proof that kids liked the film in what is probably the most bizarre appeals to,authority I have ever seen. I also suspect that Renegade Cut maybe be a pedophile because of his fixation on “the children.” Possibly worth investigating.
Couple of hours into the stream and christ the subject material is abyssmal, might very well be one the most vaccuous videos I've ever witnessed that is done purely for hateclicks. Mauler and his orbiters are pretty entertaining when laughting at retarded people, but that's hard to mess up.

biscuitscilia

kiwifarms.net
Couple of hours into the stream and christ the subject material is abyssmal, might very well be one the most vaccuous videos I've ever witnessed that is done purely for hateclicks. Mauler and his orbiters are pretty entertaining when laughting at retarded people, but that's hard to mess up.
It's easy to make fun of retards, really. Just point and laugh.
I think it would have been much better for Mauler's image if he had never made a community of YouTubers around himself and stuck to just making occasional high-quality videos, like Colossal Is Crazy instead of exposing how much of an idiot through live streams. He became an internet "personality" and participated in drama. I still think he would have been relatively popular. People value his opinions. He definitely wouldn't have had a thread this long.
When I was a fan of his, I knew the podcast was going to eventually take a higher priority over his usual work. It's literally just H3H3 again. But really, I think it would have been better if he just stuck to making his videos and be in his own little corner of YouTube, like RedLetterMedia, Cinemassacre, and such have. They've been around for this long with little major controversies for over a decade. That's pretty impressive considering most YouTube channels fall under their own weight in 3-5 years.
I wouldnt be surprised if they where not doing a good cop/bad cop setup. Mauler test the waters by giving out a mildly take. Then Rags comes in with the same take but just turned up to be antagonistic.

It honestly could be a way of testing the audience to see what options they can get away with. Mauler can always backtrack because his statement is so Lukewarm but if the audience agrees with Rags then they have new podcast fodder. Its just a theory and Rags could just be that much of a sped. I just assume this because they are running out of topics ie star wars and capshit movies because of Corona they must be looking for new topics.
I wouldn't be surprised either, I think the more likely scenario though is Rags has no filter and thinks he can get away with shit because he shares essentially the same opinion as Mauler. He hides behind him like a shield, I believe someone brought up in this thread that when Rags tried to give a hot take about Doctor Strange being worse than Captain Marvel, Mauler immediately got on his ass on that and Rags quickly retracted it.
I gotta wonder if it's that kind of environment of walking on eggshells around Mauler that led to Wolf's mental health declining faster than it would have.

DisaffectedDude

kiwifarms.net
Let's be honest, Mauler has always been an internet personality focused on drama - EFAP just highlighted that aspect. His most known videos are his Sequel-Trilogy reviews, Amnesia vs. SOMA and HHBOMBERGUY Dark Souls 2 response. Each of them is full of drama bs.

Amnesia vs. SOMA is just 10% MauLer explaining the difference between the two games by playing clips from the Developers and quoting interviews, and 90% him responding angrily to people who weren't huge fans of SOMA or who happened to say things about it he disagreed with. Particularly Joseph Anderson.

HHBomberguy Dark Souls 2 response is a pedantic line by line rebuttal of the other dude's video where he nitpicks and responds to literally every word that came out of HH's mouth. He even straight-face responds to jokes as though HH is being literal.

His TLJ video is relatively drama-free by comparison, but then his TFA video includes an hour introduction where he just shits on all his detractors and the video-essay community at large (and poorly explaining Objective Critique)

Dude's been a drama-slut from the word 'go'. I don't think he ever would've achieved particular popularity regardless of the drama just because of his pedantry & overly long videos. YMS is pedantic too, but his videos are more geared towards entertainment and don't require a whole weekend to watch.

TLJ was just the right film to nitpick at the right time. He had practically zero subscribers till that. I think bitching about Captain Marvel and Game of Thrones S8 within a month got him more subscribers.

TheImportantFart

Ronnie Barking Spider
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been reading back through this thread and Rags’s one and was Rags really a liberalist? Like, a card carrying liberalist, not just someone who enjoys Sargon’s content?

I ask because true liberalists were actually quite rare back in the day or seemed to be. Even people who showed up on IBS shows to defend it were generally too embarrassed to admit they were liberalists and usually fell back on “I think it’s a good idea” or “At least Sargon’s doing something”. If he was an honest to goodness liberalist, he’s even more pathetic than I thought.

PenguinSuitAlice

Behold!
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been reading back through this thread and Rags’s one and was Rags really a liberalist? Like, a card carrying liberalist, not just someone who enjoys Sargon’s content?

I ask because true liberalists were actually quite rare back in the day or seemed to be. Even people who showed up on IBS shows to defend it were generally too embarrassed to admit they were liberalists and usually fell back on “I think it’s a good idea” or “At least Sargon’s doing something”. If he was an honest to goodness liberalist, he’s even more pathetic than I thought.
Him and Mauler are both mods on Sargon's Discord. Let that sink in. Sargon's also been on EFAP and watches their streams.

Last edited:
Tags
None